"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 01:16:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The Last Light – Are you new and need some help or advice?  (Read 13626 times)

JovankaB

Re: The Last Light – Are you new and need some help or advice?
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2013, 06:25:55 am »

Why no noobs come into chat and say "I need Brahmin hides!!!"

Because you don't need them anymore for a first tent?
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2013, 01:06:41 pm »

It's a ghost town in there

I'd say the biggest problem in TLL right now is the lack of capable people helping those newbs.

Most of the people in there right now are NCR idlers, which are welcome just like anyone else but lack in truly effective advice sometimes.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2013, 08:37:57 pm »

Why no noobs come into chat and say "I need Brahmin hides!!!"

A) These are not generally required for your first tent creation, but from time to time we get new players asking how to obtain their first tents.

B) We have not really had an influx of new blood recently, but we do have many players asking much more intelligent questions, rather than begging for equips. I for one take a bit of a stand against the beggars by providing sort of a newbie pack for new people I see in the wastes, including another tent for conviniance sake, but I prefer to show these players where they can get the good stuff, rather than outright giving it to them. 

I'd say the biggest problem in TLL right now is the lack of capable people helping those newbs.

Most of the people in there right now are NCR idlers, which are welcome just like anyone else but lack in truly effective advice sometimes.

As for this, at least the NCR idlers are there to provide the necessary advice and sometimes give those first equips that can be difficult to obtain as a starting player. Go out and hand out some advice and hunting rifles yourself if you think that this is a problem, you will see more new players in the IRC, rather than simply complaining about the people who are actually trying to help, instead of being haughty and arrogant about the whole situation.

edit: Also, a lot of new players are not returning, in my opinion and perceptions of course, because TLL has become a sort of training/recruiting ground for C88, and that can make players a bit uncomfortable. A lot of the more experienced PvPers are not willing to help new players get into the scene without obliging them to a slew of recruitment spam, and turning them away when they want generalized advice rather than an actual faction to join. A sad case, but something that can easily be rectified with some PvPers who are willing to take less experienced players out to Reno or Hinkley and provide advice/tactics without it being necessary to join their particular faction.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:48:53 pm by BenKain »
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 09:33:18 pm »

Yes, gorgon, you caught me again.

My evil plot this time is dragging all newbies from TLL into the evil organization I'm part of, you figured it all out.

Now cease your endless rage towards me.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 09:42:35 pm »

Well, I wasn't directing this at you in particular, just all of the people with the mindset that you have to be "hardc0re" or "pr0" to PvP, but now that you mention it, you are one of those people.

I would just like to see more people taking an active role in the wasteland, not just paying lip service to the cause.

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 09:46:48 pm »

Your endless complaints about Pro hardcore PVPers stopped being funny long ago.

I won't even read them anymore.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2013, 12:58:03 am »

i see you guys have some contradictions. But i would suggest to solve it in PMs. Since this is helping hands thread, you can not help any newcomer not even yourself with your current attitude.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.