"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 08:08:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Last Light – Are you new and need some help or advice?  (Read 13623 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum

We call ourselves The Last Light. We are a group of individuals interested in giving a hand to new players.

Our main goals are:

• To establish a network of trustworthy people interested in helping new players, so newbies know about them and know who to trust and ask for help.
  • To help new players during their first steps on the FOnline:2238 wasteland, and offer them a comfortable and friendly atmosphere, encouraging them to keep playing this game, to raise the server’s population.

Wiki article
IRC Channel*: #TheLastLight

*No idea how to use IRC? -> Read this!

We’ve noticed that many people decide to quit this game after playing it for a very short time. Many complain the game is too hard, that they die too often, too easily, which means they are losing their items all the time, many find it extremely hard to even create their first tent. And many find this game just boring. So these players don’t last long in the server, and this is one of the reasons the server’s population is so low at the moment. Since 2238 has no in-game tutorial or startup help, The Last Light can be seen as a player-driven “newbie tutorial”, where new players can gather and learn the game while playing. It will be possible for them to achieve their first goals more easily and to meet other people they could team up with. The game will be less boring for everyone if there’s more people playing – even PKs will have moar people to pew pew!

Some of us are members of factions of very different kinds, some of us are loners. The Last Light has no ties to any specific faction. Its commitment is with new players and with the server in general.

The Last Light is, as said, a network of trustworthy individuals, and not a real faction, although there are a few people that control the group’s base and have other similar forms of “power” or authority. But this is only to keep a minimum level of efficiency. Nobody is to be considered the leader of The Last Light.

The group owns a base, which will be used as a meeting point and maybe as a safe zone for newbies to trade, craft, talk to each other, etc. But everyone should remember that this is just a shared territory – never leave your personal items there!

If you are a newbie and are in need of a hand, even if it’s just about getting a good advice, you can ask members of The Last Light for help. However, we won’t tell you to wait in a town, for example, while we’re out hunting brahmins. If you want our help you’ll have to move and do things as well.

We want to organize newbies in expeditions to hunt Brahmins, to visit mines, to get Professions or Support Perks, etc. We want newbies to learn the game while playing and encourage them to work in teams. We would also like to prepare player-driven events (including some little RP events) in which new players can participate.

The purpose of this group is to bring some more life to the server and have fun together while helping the server’s new blood. Any player with good intentions and similar interests is invited to help us in our activities, no matter what faction they belong to. If you want to give a hand just join our IRC channel. Anyone is invited as long as they have good intentions.

Here are two starting guides: Gob's one and my own one. I am leaving both of them even thought they're quite similar to each other.

Last but not least, www.nitue.net is a website with some projects by 2238 player Opera, it includes an Encounter Finder and a Character Planner.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:13:03 am by Eternauta »
Re: The Last Light – Are you new and need some help or advice?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 06:48:12 pm »

How would someone go about joining this?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »

Yes, I would like to visit and observe occasionally.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »

omg give me a hand, no 2 wait I want your feet aswell

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:25:15 am »

Do you think i could go about helping you guys help newbies? I like helping new players :D
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 05:43:19 am »

Did you get Last Light from the upcoming Metro that is gonna come out?
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:28:31 pm »

hey didn't knew about metro 2 nice

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 03:48:43 pm »

no its a real name in the free faction names. we picked it because we might be some newbies last hope. so we are the last light in there darkness in this game.
Roaming the waste again.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 04:46:17 pm »

no its a real name in the free faction names. we picked it because we might be some newbies last hope. so we are the last light in there darkness in this game.
And newbies are last hope for this server, so basically we are the Last Light for the server :)
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 05:58:58 pm »

Personally I choose to attribute it to process of accelerated elimination.
You see, The Shoot First Gang wasn't sufficiently befitting.
In this manner the list of prospects can be slimmed down to a large degree.
Even then the leftovers are of a similarly narcissistic nature.

'Tis certainly curious, but rather telling, if I may say so.
I wouldn't pay it too much heed, though, to be perfectly blunt.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 04:36:39 am »

Update!

Added information about our IRC channel, as well as a list with some of our members and their characters.

To those who were asking about joining/helping us: non-members who want to help can of course come to our IRC and speak to us about joining activities. Also you can find us in-game, but keep in mind that we might not always accept you in our groups if we can't confirm you're legit.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 05:00:21 am »

Eternauta,you are as great as always.And i want to be in that,now!(runs to irc..)

Looks like new era's TLC.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:08:56 am by Rain »
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 12:26:23 am »

moving up this topic :D
seems not much newbies this time reading forum

Let the Force be with You.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 08:16:18 am »

"A Network of helping hands" you mean that you have your hands connect to internet or wireless ?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:18:02 am by Gob »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 18 queries.