"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:47:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Support character [Sniper+Sneak+Outdoorsman]  (Read 1267 times)

Support character [Sniper+Sneak+Outdoorsman]
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:23:24 am »

Hello. I decided to build support type of character with ability of neatly shooting and sneaking.

So, main skills are: Small Guns, Sneak and Outdoorsman, and also i'm raising Doctor and Repair skills to 50% to have Armorer, Gunsmigh and Doctor Professions of 1 level.

Here's what i planned to do at beginning:

But now i started to doubt about the cap of main skills i want to get to. Is it worth to raise Small Guns to 201 after reaching minimal 180 needed for Bonus Rate of Fire? Maybe 150% of Sneak are useless and i'd better put those skillpoints in Sneak? Is there a big difference in battle between 180 and 201 small guns skill?

Thank you for answers.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
Re: Support character [Sniper+Sneak+Outdoorsman]
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:25:00 am »

sneak skill is too low. you need at least 250%, if not 300%

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:41:59 am »

You need 10INT and skilled trait if you want 250% sneak and a decent number of sg and outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:24:02 pm »

sneak skill is too low. you need at least 250%, if not 300%
300 is maximum. First - this will completely break my other strong parts and second - i don't want to be able to come close to my enemies unnoticed, i just want this skill to let me move through the map more safe and sometimes to attack my enemies from far distance before they notice me. Is 150 sneak skill enough for this? I could even raise it to 170-180 if i'd leave small guns at 180 point, will it help much?
You need 10INT and skilled trait if you want 250% sneak and a decent number of sg and outdoorsman
Then i should lower my charisma to 3 and could not lead people through the desert anymore while this is what i want to do.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:38:44 pm »

150% sneak... with 2H rifle in hands... useless. If enemy has 10 PE (even without sharpshooter), he'll see you on 43 hexes range instead of 50... well... that won't change much. If you'll run unarmed or with 1H weapon, then he'll see you on 37 hexes. It's not enough to stay unnoticed. In towns, you wouldn't know if someone is behind corner, and he'll see you easily with such low sneak skill. If he'll have 6 PE, then he'll still see you on 25 hexes, if you'll be unarmed/1H and 31 hexes if with a rifle.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 04:50:10 pm »

3 EN does almost the same as 2 EN, so just make it 2 and put that special point somewhere else.
i've been meaning to make a sneaker/sniper myself but never knew how to start.

http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=5008

5 9 2 1 10 9 5 Small frame+skilled

more crit@4, silent running @9, ghost@12, SD@16, better criticals@ 20, even more crit@24

227%SG for the 95% hit chance when shooting at eyes from 50 hex.
270% sneak, i'm pretty sure i read in the changelog that ghost gives a 30% bonus to sneak, not 40.
And even then i am not sure if this is always, as some say, or only when near walls or other solid objects.

By all means, this build isn't finished yet;
If you depend on SD crit only, drop str to 3 and take weapon handling@4, pump those 2 points into EN imo.
Instead of even more critical you could pick brof, but it still would be a 1shot sniper.
If you're ok with shooting from less than 50 hexes, maybe even drop pe to 7 and get 6 EN.

For trading you'd have to get a special point from somewhere and make CH2 so that with a beer, you can talk to almost everyone. (iirc)
With this low carryweight i'd say just forget about crafting though, especially when dropping str to 3.

You could even make the build so that you can have a follower, a melee mutant who would act as a tank while you pew pew from distance but then again, no real need for sneak then.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:59:16 pm by Valdivia »
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 05:38:11 pm »

Keep in mind silent death doesn't work with two handed weapons, and there is a malus to sneak when using two handed weapons as well.

That being said, this would be a difficult character to build. You'll have to make a major sacrifice somewhere, and give up a skill you want. If I was to attempt it, I wouldn't pump Outdoors so high, 10 IN is a must, and even then you'd be hard pressed to get both sneak and small guns high enough to be good.

I can see a character like this working, but only in certain maps and if used properly. It's not going to be both a good sneak, OR a good sniper though.

Figure out which is more important to you.

This is of course, my opinion.
Iguana Pete's sister

Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.126 seconds with 22 queries.