"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:20:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jukebox :D  (Read 3604 times)

Gob

• The Good
Jukebox :D
« on: May 06, 2012, 01:54:25 pm »

Add a Jukebox seller like the on in the SDK. The player could talk to an NPC pay the price and then the jukebox could spawn in his base or spawn in player in inventory and then the player could place where ever he wants. The jukebox could be activated by placing then caps inside. And then someone goes near it they could here music coming from it.
Re: Jukebox :D
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:54:44 pm »

Well from what I saw and heard a long time ago the jukebox was already being made and going to be in the game but you know 2238 team, say they will do one thing and we get something completely different or unexpected. (I really liked the idea of the Jukebox being ingame)
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »

Ow man, the jukebox on the SDK is soo cool. It really makes the game alot more fun.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:54 pm »

Sounds good but...so...i assume we'd each be responsible for providing our own sound files. I assume we'd either copy some sound files to a new jukebox folder inside the game directory...or...point the jukebox config to our fav sound folder. Something like that? I assume that because it would heighten traffic if the music came from the server each time per player.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:48:49 am »

I suggested that jukeboxes be added to bars a while ago and as far as I know the team has actually already finished all related work, I even sent them a ton of music which they could legally use (and which fits the game) but apparently even though all work for this has been completed it still has not been implemeted into the game.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,17297.0.html

Btw, my idea about jukeboxes being in bars was actually meant as a means to get people into bars and out of thier caves. For that reason I would rather they didn't end up in player bases as they would just be one more thing keeping everyone anti-social

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:43:42 pm by jonny rust »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:59:11 am »

Yep i remember that idea. Still good. It's interesting that some of us come up with ideas to try to bring the player community together for a common cause regardless if our factions may be enemies in TC.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:09:23 pm »

yeah, this game has to much TC going on, we need something new

boatshift

• Evil birdman watches you sleep
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »

oohh yus :D

Serbian

• //INSERT WISE ASS SONG LYRICS THAT MAKE NO SENSE//
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 03:13:44 pm »

Hate to brag, even with it already being mentioned, but quite a long time, pre-wipe, i also fought for this kind of thing. As far as i know, it got half-finished, and it's implementation after this wipe is still a gamble.

Still, this is a thing well worth fighting for!
//INSERT WISE ASS POETRY THAT MAKES NO SENSE HERE//
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »

I assume that because it would heighten traffic if the music came from the server each time per player.
It'd be cooler if everyone would be hearing the same song. So update could download the jukebox songs into your fonline music folder and it wouldn't be coming from the server.
You can mod and replace the songs if you want custom ones.

But yeah jukeboxes inside city bars were already thought of and already made and waiting to be added in the next update...

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 06:47:06 pm »

It'd be cooler if everyone would be hearing the same song. So update could download the jukebox songs into your fonline music folder and it wouldn't be coming from the server.
You can mod and replace the songs if you want custom ones.

But yeah jukeboxes inside city bars were already thought of and already made and waiting to be added in the next update...

waiting to be added in the next update...
next update
next what?
Gramophone Record Player [GRP]
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 08:04:11 pm »

i just copy/paste the irc conversation from me ... :

"
btw. i told last time , about an idea ... to add "music" in fallout/fonline ... i mean , in some kinda way it actually "fits in" ... in fallout 3 , there was just the pipboy , where you can hear radio-programms ... but ... thats actually bit sad

i had an better idea , while the fallout people actually hanging "mentally" in the 40s ... i thought about some sort of cd-player or cassette recorder ... but in there 40s they had nothing of that ... so i thought about a record player on my back listing with funnels instead of headphones ...

i made some really ugly sketch today ...

really ugly ...but thats the idea
and of course , as quest ... it would be really awesome , finding the different parts ... repair it ...
and finding some records for it ...rare stuff of course

i mean , for sure , it lacks of realistic ... you cant just put a record player on your back ... and walk with it ...
but i think the idea fits better in fallout then just using a pipboy for music

* ah forgot ... the cable from the pipboy to the grammophone player is for the energy ... and to "control" the whole thing via pipboy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:14:33 pm by Jool »

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Gramophone Record Player [GRP]
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 09:10:11 pm »

Such a thing, exactly as you described, is already planned for months and already coded too. Come to think of it, I have no idea why it's not in yet, probably has something to do with me being lazy.  ;D

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 09:45:31 pm »

Such a thing, exactly as you described, is already planned for months and already coded too. Come to think of it, I have no idea why it's not in yet, probably has something to do with me being lazy.  ;D

Moderator, developer, musician, beer connoisseur... You amaze me sometimes.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 10:14:14 pm »

Don't thank me, thank the people actually coding these ideas. :)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 18 queries.