"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 29, 2024, 12:50:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: About this session...  (Read 2940 times)

About this session...
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:07:09 pm »

Dear Dev,
I want to say thank you for all your works you have produce to today but this session really sucks and i think it's the majority point of view of players.
What is sucks :
-TC , the 500 reputation points and no timer:
the fact that you can't do TC if you have not 500 points; No timer really sucks cause before there was a big fight with ALL gang (cause all serveur know you take the tow) not jus two gang.
Militia useless, cause if you put, the enemy wich have 499 of reputation just need to spawn to get alll your militia. In more all militia disapear after down. (before she was bugguy but know she is wipe)
-The powerfull useless build:
Sneak and cac heavy handed are powerfull than an pvp char and they engage a poor stuff or no stuff
-The AC mod just enable when you run:
don't understand this, in more you want that we stay in town but at the first attack we are dead. That already before the fight was realy fast, today it's just no fun to fight.
-The serveur :
A big lag like every hours big lag, one down server per day.
-The stuff :
The repair is useless, cause before it was tiring to repair all item but today it's tiring and useless caus you expenditure over stuff to get a item wich is not at 100%. Before you can risk your life tou BA beyond repair now its bullshit.
The craft is ok, but i don't understand why it's so hard to get  a good stuff like avenger and CA, if you are not in a BIG team or you have lot of proxy you can't get this stuff.

So i want you to ask if you got a plane to change?
If not mayby you can consider to make a vote like do want to back to previous session?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:34:09 pm by Sishare »
Re: About this session...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:10:00 pm »

totally agree with you, this season is really turning into a huge shit pile.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 02:22:11 pm »

All that stuff could use is some small tweaks to make a big difference without totally abandoning the new ideas.

avv

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »

This has all been said so many times. Repeated over and over again.

Btw, getting avenger, ca (not the bp) and gatling laser is actually extremely easy. Just need the builds needed to farm them.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 02:45:29 pm »

but this post have not a goal of whining, but to know the plane of dev! if there are change "soon" we can expect to when? Mayby we can back to previous session ? I dunno....
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »

Nobody has time to work on 2238 and summer is coming , if there are no changes until june , i can surely say forget about this server for like another 3-4 months, in the best case scenario. There will be wipe on servers like TLA much faster than some hot fixes here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:53:55 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 09:02:55 pm »

The combat armor is a pretty sore point with me; I think it should spawn at merchants in major cities at the price point of 8000 caps or so. No one should have to make a special build just to get a mid-range piece of equipment.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:34:36 pm »

Did you say "crafting is okay"? Uh no, crafting is not okay! Crafting has been turned into a laborious grind-fest with no change to the wrist-stress Fix-Boy problem and increased ingredients make it too expensive in real life from a time standpoint. The junk requirements could simply be cut in half on most recipes and this would help a lot, or if not that, then make junk appear in larger quantities than ~6 at a time. Sometimes finding 30 junk would even help a lot.

Blueprints? Excellent idea and fun to find them but Treasure Hunter is broken and the other items we find could easily be expanded to include an occasional lighter, a flower, a cookie, or pair of rubber boots or spectacles or gold watch or even pocket lint. Really, if we could find any one of 100-200 items in various quantities while hunting BP, it would decrease the monatiny of it all.

Advanced Workbenches? Okay, interesting idea but...if you do both BP and a-benches, you just added a double bottleneck to crafting after increasing recipes. That's like beating a guy in a fist fight, kicking him when he's down and running him over with your truck. One of these would be good enough to limit crafting, but all three of them compound this problem. This level of overkill has driven some crafters away from the game (including our 70+ year old player). ARGH!

Clearly though, a lot of thoughtful and creative work went into this new season and overall i like it. The Companions...wow awesome feature for sure. The new quests are much appreciated. FR is a blessing to some of us, and the ability to buy a base solo is excellent. The Outdoorsman Camps, the campfires, etc etc etc, yes yes yes i say - lots of work so i salute the devs for that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:23:59 pm by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »

It is not fun to find blueprints. That feature is the most grindy thing ever to be implemented in 2238.

To rephrase that, I mean finding the blueprints in random encounters is the most grindy thing. The ones that can be obtained with quests are less boring. Though, I hate the new Adv. Workbench system in general... the quest for the Boneyard Adv Workbench is bull since if you die once, you have to remake char, and the other workbenches can be easily camped - especially since people can only go down an elevator one at a time.

I love the new crafting cooldown-limit being increase though.

hmm... whatever happened to the "Domination" mode that sounded like fun?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:56:18 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:48:24 pm »

Crafting table looks so random and made in a rush. HQ chemicals? HQ fibers? Wut?

Finding blueprints - so far the only way is to make a lockpicker alt and go search for lockers over and over. Few BPs can be obtained by quests, few can't be obtained at all. Improved Flamer anyone? Extended Capacitor for Laser Rifle? CA MkII? Something is missing here.

No cooldown crafting - weee, no profession limit - double weee. So it's not like every single feature is broken and dull.

Dear Dev,
Except Lexx none was online since ages.

I want to say thank you for all your works you have produce to today but this session really sucks and i think it's the majority point of view of players.
Get ready for a surprise - nobody gives a damn, majority or not.

-TC , the 500 reputation points and no timer:
the fact that you can't do TC if you have not 500 points; No timer really sucks cause before there was a big fight with ALL gang (cause all serveur know you take the tow) not jus two gang.
Militia useless, cause if you put, the enemy wich have 499 of reputation just need to spawn to get alll your militia. In more all militia disapear after down. (before she was bugguy but know she is wipe)
Since I can only remember, TC was always broken, pointless, lame, fucked up, to rework, to adjust and so on, and militia overpowered, nerfed, useless, useful. At least from what I see here, in threads like this. I may be wrong, because I've never participated any TC related stuff. Neither devs did.

-The powerfull useless build:
Sneak and cac heavy handed are powerfull than an pvp char and they engage a poor stuff or no stuff
Who's idea was to make SD sneakers so powerful anyway? Perfect trolling tool if you ask me.

-The AC mod just enable when you run:
don't understand this, in more you want that we stay in town but at the first attack we are dead. That already before the fight was realy fast, today it's just no fun to fight.
I guess the idea was to make moving targets harder to hit.

-The serveur :
A big lag like every hours big lag, one down server per day.
Hell yeah, dunno if it's powered with donkeys, methane from pig shit or something even more reliable. Reminds me old times with down every hour with half an hour rollback.

-The stuff :
The repair is useless, cause before it was tiring to repair all item but today it's tiring and useless caus you expenditure over stuff to get a item wich is not at 100%. Before you can risk your life tou BA beyond repair now its bullshit.
Where and how did you get BA? Tell me please.
Current repairing is way better than the old one, however deterioration rate of guns and armors is insanely high.

The craft is ok, but i don't understand why it's so hard to get  a good stuff like avenger and CA, if you are not in a BIG team or you have lot of proxy you can't get this stuff.
I'm not in a BIG team, I don't use proxy, yet I can get some CAs to wear on my apes. Lrn2play, sir. Or find some more helpful mates.

So i want you to ask if you got a plane to change?
If not mayby you can consider to make a vote like do want to back to previous session?
Previous session wasn't perfect either.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:46 pm »

As for me, the worst things in this session are repair system and  armor deterioration system.
If i finally managed to craft fuckin metal armor mkII I can only use it once.
Blueprint hunting could be fun but it's fuckin' boring.

Although there are some thing i like in this session:
-More different builds possibilities
-Caps system is good, you have to find caps where they are. It's the first session I started to trade with other players.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:57:19 pm »

TC, Silent Death, Heavy Hand, BG crits, not limited fast relog, useless armors, bugged fov, bugged caravans, blueprints = SHIT

I almost forgot about super lags and super shitty new server.

;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:38:16 pm by manero »

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »

I really like this session's crafting system, as opposed to the last one. Universal mat cool-downs and all professions are a huge step in the right direction. Lets just hope we get our HQ Chems and our missing BPs soon. I really don't mind HQ Fibers coming from broken CAs only, but it would be nice if there was a place to gather them. My only real complaint is the arthritic adv. workbench creation. Why don't we have x10s?

I like the footlocker system, but I think that it is indeed to 'grindy'.

TC is a broken system, always has been from what I've read. Totally boring anyway, even if it wasn't. 

I also really like the new barter as well, it adds a certain immersion value that previous systems made to easy to garner wealth. It also encourages Player to Player trades more than ever.
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:29:46 pm »

Thats really interesting question if there will be update or at least some hot-fix for minor things(FOV, TC, lags)

My opinion: No
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 10:35:45 pm »

I really like this session's crafting system, as opposed to the last one.

what do you like about it? the fact that you have to do  boring quests to gain access to a semi-safe facility where you can craft? the fact that most items from previous session aren't here now? the fact that it's almost impossible to find resources at times, especially during peak hours? the fact that you will probably get instantly raped by SD sneakers after you crafted your new LSW? the fact that you have to spend shitload of time finding blueprints? the fact that doctor profession and other professions are shit due to lack of materials?

what the fuck happened to most encounters anyway? what was the point in removing 50% of encounters? making game "harder"? guys, i already said it - harder = more boring and more tedious. you don't get it? fine.
i find it funny that even RAIDERS encounters were turned into crap because you find only one raider with FNFAL all the times. hahaha, priceless!

bring back caravan encounters, NCRA vs mutants encounters, BOS vs mutants encounters, try making those raiders (mad dogs, 80's, etc.) carry different guns, make PvE more varied, not boring. also there's poor NPC balance (ammount of HP compared to what equipment they have) and horrible spear girls AI that blocks your encounter in TB, and also strange AI behaviour (running away from you, then coming back etc.).

fov is shit, lag spikes are shit, but it's not like anyone's listenin' hahah.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:42:47 pm by DeputyDope »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.