"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 04, 2024, 11:38:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Blue Parkas and Sharp Talka's - A GE Sponsored RP Event  (Read 1737 times)

BenKain

• Independent Developer
Blue Parkas and Sharp Talka's - A GE Sponsored RP Event
« on: April 28, 2012, 07:52:53 am »

'The cacophonous banging of intense production beating on your eardrums mellows slightly as you enter a lantern-lit office, at the back of the hidden Boneyard warehouse. It is lavishly decorated with old-world furniture and trinkets, arranged in a manor you can only describe as 'homey'. The soft tinkling of a music box can be heard somewhere between clangs and bangs.'

'Behind a large leather office chair, sits a mountain of a man, nearly your height sitting, with intense blue eyes that scrutinize you like glimmering insects amid a huge black nest of facial hair. Through the offending curly mane, you see the outline of a faded slaver tattoo adorn the remaining inches of his carved face. He is wearing a slightly worn, red pre-war business suit, with a black tie, and black fedora.'

'The large man gestures to a seat across the desk, indicating for you to sit down'

'"My name is Benedict Gorgon," he says to you "and I have a proposition for you..."'

Hello and welcome to Gorgon Enterprises first ever sponsored RP event! Originally I had decided to keep these within the 'family', but after much deliberation, I have realized I am much too vain not to publish my works openly, and I thought some of you bored apes might like to try something new  :P.

!So this is going to be how it works!
What is this?: A Gorgon Enterprises Role-playing event! Take a breather from the grind to act out your character!
When is it?: Now till Apr 30, 0:00 (UTC -5)
Who Can Participate?: Anyone! GE Employees are automatically registered, but anyone can play!
How do I register?: Post you character name and a brief character synopsis here, then pop on over to #2238GorgonBPST and we'll get started!
What is the point?: To have fun! But there is also a reward!
What is the reward?: The best role-player's scene's will be posted in the 'Fan Art' section in short-story format. He will also receive five-thousand caps, ten freshly crafted weapons of his choosing, five freshly crafted Mark 2 Metal Armors, and a secret surprise. All other rewards will be based solely on what is negotiated at the beginning of the session and secret awards given for exemplary role-playing.

So lets get started. My office is open starting now...

Edit: This may, in fact, belong in Faction Announcements. I apologize in advance for this or that. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:55:44 am by BenKain »

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: Blue Parkas and Sharp Talka's - A GE Sponsored RP Event
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:58 am »

Where?
If you "open" this up to apes your just asking to get killed and shit on, but good luck.

I will roleplay my good natured sexxy cow herdswoman Josie who indecently incidentally ( :) ) has a pack of wild dogs for hunting geckos.  She wields a supersledge and can often be seen plying one of her many trades near klamath.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:02:34 am »

Kaboom Has completed Scene 1!

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 06:54:44 am »

Know what we should do? We should try to do one of those RP in game things like these http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Roleplay and see if we could pull it off.....that would be awesome. ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:58:10 am by Xisingr Will »
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:22:19 am »

I'm not telling you not to try that kind of things. But you might want to check this thread out:

"Roleplaying in FOnline:2238"

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:52:39 am »

I support roleplay on 2238. Keep it up!

Sad thing it sometimes can end up like roleplaying on a full 32 slot counter-strike server.
But we've discussed game mechanics vs roleplay vs playerbase endless times, so I won't even start on this again.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »

Unfortunately I have received some rather nasty PMs from people who are less than thrilled to see someone staring up an RP project again.
I'm not looking for the playerbase of things like the Hub RP project or NCR Rangers, as a matter of fact, this event was written as a single player adventure.
So far only two people have participated, so I'm going to extend the time-frame to the 4th of May.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 04:49:43 pm »

where is your office ill come with my trader char to see if anybody is interested in any goody and mats ;)

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »

The 'office' is in New Adytum right now. But presently the RP is a 'quest', so buying and selling stuff isn't a large part of it.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 05:02:28 pm »

i can RP with my trader too as long as my english knowledge is good enough , u know ^^

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 07:02:32 pm »

...the Hub RP project [\quote]

"Iam up for the Hub!"

Really!
h
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.