"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:18:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Capture and ransom - Faction PvP feature  (Read 3883 times)

avv

Re: Capture and ransom - Faction PvP feature
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 03:25:12 pm »

Making player unable to do stuff with his character is so bad feature that nobody should seriously consider it. There's a reason why jailing is gm-only: it's not fun when your freedom is taken.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 03:47:50 pm »

so if my alt die by floaters he will respawn in their nest ?:D
and if deathcalv kill me i will be brooded by deathclav mother ? :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:54:37 pm by RED.DOT »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 03:54:04 pm »

so if my alt will die from floaters he will respawn in their nest ?:D
and if deathcalv kill me i will be brooded by deathclav mother ? :)

So if your alt die, he will respawn? Your alt is Jesus Christ or what? This is not game, this is reality!! :P I know you are trolling, so i like you even more  :-*
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 03:56:53 pm »

My alt is in jail , lets use alts to get them out.

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 03:57:27 pm »

i am just posting respawn options ;]
geckos/ants - you are egg ;D
mutants - you are in few tank ;D
enclave - navaro
bos - bos bunker
sf - space shutle flying on the orbit around the earth ;D
80s - dancing you cant touch it ;D or wanilia ice ;D
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »

Making player unable to do stuff with his character is so bad feature that nobody should seriously consider it. There's a reason why jailing is gm-only: it's not fun when your freedom is taken.

Exactly this. I considered writing a wall of text going into detail regarding all the potential problems, but let's just save ourselves some time and use common sense:

We're talking about a gameplay feature that would actively prevent players from playing the game.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 04:09:16 pm »

yes ;] requeim hell respaw was funny but jail isnt at all
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 04:15:47 pm »

A horrible idea that would only become an ultimate griefing tool and cause massive butthurt to the victims. I don't know how you could come up with something like this  :P
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 04:25:19 pm »

maby he want make "cath them all"

"- T-888 saying he doesn't like fast relogging (god, I have to make that "tripleight family on spawn" compilation GIF one of these days)"

so now you can have your own t888 family in your barn ;]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:28:10 pm by RED.DOT »

Lordus

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 04:28:03 pm »

I will talk only about PVE variant, not about original Michaels.

Fonline is a multiplayer post apo game. So there could exist various game mechanisms, unthinkable in real world. Like respawn. From human history, i knew only about one guy, who rethink his death and resurrect, but this principle, although nonsense, is common in most of games. So why not imprisonment?

But gameplay, you know, the most funny part of every game, is also important. So if you are afraid of imprisonment of your char, simply dont visit areas where are raiders and use train!, car!, high outdoorsman!, go around!, dont die!, and if all previous fails, ask your teamates, because i heard that Fonline is MULTIPLAYER game, to free your alt!

Also, if you free your imagination, there could exist 2 different ways how to free your alt: 1) free your alt from prison, or 2) kill whole NPCS in raiders camp(prison), so temporary (few real life days), capturing feature would be disabled.

All previous mechanism i wrote up here are common. Red dot army often killed all or many NPCs in guarded town => they like it. But if they have purpose (free your mate char), they dislike it, because of what?
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 04:29:14 pm »

so you can pk in respawn after slaughtering all npcs ?:D haahaah i love it ;D

Lordus

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 04:30:42 pm »

so you can pk in respawn after slaughtering all npcs ?:D haahaah i love it ;D

If you slaughter all npcs, you would respawn in common respawns, whats wrong with you?

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 04:38:20 pm »

Michael, i like your idea, because i think that liberation of alts from prison could be funny, if there would exist alternative for cash payment. Using skills like traps (C4), steal (to get keys from guards), lockpick,.. in entertaining PVE scenario.

On other way, arguments of previous posters, ecxpet DipullyyyDarf, are valid. I dont want to repeat them, but i have one point. If your idea is proposed as a upgrade or improvement of current TC, then it is wrong, because current TC mechanism is fail, because of many reasons, sadly not only because of bugs.

But your idea of imprison player chars is good and i would like to see it rather in PVE only variation.

My counterproposal:

Everyone knows encouters with raiders, npc faction. So simply: if you are killed in that encouter, you will not respawn in common respawn points, as usual, but you will respawn in prison (cage, locked doors,..) in Raiders base, and your teamates or friends or just hired muscles would have to rescue your char (kill, sneak, lockpick, traps, science skills are required).

And because there are a lot of similar NPC factions on world map (khans, highwaymans,...) a lot of different bases(prisons) could be created, each in different place covering different area, required different skills. So what do you think? It could be first real PVE team mod in the game. Imprisonment has a tradition in Fallout universe (Tandi in Fallout 1, Restoration project quests in F2, Fallout tactics too,...).

I don't want to be rude, Your , dear Lordus ideas are great, but they got glitches, like when you got 3 lvl , and got killed by raiders, that means I need to make another alt to get out that other alt from hell? That doesn't make a sense.
Also it needs scripts.
h

Lordus

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »

I don't want to be rude, Your , dear Lordus ideas are great, but they got glitches, like when you got 3 lvl , and got killed by raiders, that means I need to make another alt to get out that other alt from hell? That doesn't make a sense.
Also it needs scripts.

I am glad, Tomowolf, that you take my idea seriously. I proposed concept, and like you said, glitches or weaknesses are natural parts of every new idea.

Try to distract the mind from current existing fonline features and universe, and answer me. Is it normal, to roam with unexperienced character near Raiders area? Of course, you can be killed, but you, same like others, know that death penalty in fonline is zero penalty.

But i agree, that imprisonment could be cruel. So there could exists way how to get out. Again, everyone forget about fact, that Fonline is multiplayer roleplay game, even faction game. So why is problem to ask for help your mates, alli, or just nice guy from icr? Maybe next time, they will need your help.

And again, although Fonline is a MPRPG, there is not any multiplayer PVE scenario (except The Glow).

Players or factions who free victims of imprisonment, could be rewarded by caps from NPCs (did you played Fallout 2 Restoration Project.. it was quest for rangers).

P.S.: Scripting: i know, a lot of work (but i think that most of scripts already exists, at least the core of scripts.. respawn, lockpicked doors, trapped area,..).

P.P.S.: And finally, imagine, that Enclave would imprison your 300 skill ammo thief, and if you want to free him, you would need to attack enclave! Boring?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:55:20 pm by Lordus »

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »

This is just forcing people to do pve. I am pvp and i dont want to do stuid quests or raid navaro. So i can force you to pvp , if you dont go to one of north town every 24h for min 30min mutants should raid your base/tent (30mutants with m60, gatlings, rocket laumchers)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:05:06 pm by Killer Rabbit »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 25 queries.