"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:21:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Capture and ransom - Faction PvP feature  (Read 3884 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Capture and ransom - Faction PvP feature
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:17:07 am »

Okay, I can totally understand if this is just rejected without a second thought but I really wanna discuss this possibility.

Okay. Down to business:

If a gang owns a town, the members of that gang can capture other FACTION MEMBERS of other gangs.  You CAN NOT do this to people not a member with a player driven faction.

The way this is executed is:

1.  enemy knocks player unconcious and uses rope on him.
2.  enemy is -HP. 

Essentially just like enslaving npcs.

After one of these occurs, the character is transported to the town's jail behind a locked door.  Kind of like the GM prison.

In order to be freed of this the gang with their member incarcerated has several options:

1.  Pay the ransom to the mayor.  Ransom is defined by current gear on the character + character level.  Each level is 1,000 caps.  level 24 = 24,000 caps to pay ransom IF he's a bluesuit.  the gear is added into it based on base value.  All caps go to the TC chest.

2.  They can attempt to break the character out, accomplishable by a number of ways:

2.1 -  Blow up the door with which the character is contained.
2.2 - Lock pick it.
2.3 - Take the town (after this the character is immediately sent to the respawn zone with any items carried).

Understand that if this is implemented it would likely be an extremely rare occurrence anyways, as most pvp is with the intent to neutralize as quickly and efficiently as possible which imposes the shoot to kill statistic.  Only if say 1 character happened to be -HP after a fight would this likely happen.

ALSO, you have  the ~cuttheveins command.  So it's not like you cannot avoid it, just be quick to decision.

But I can see where people who take the "Dead man walking" quest perk be a little shifty about this, seeing as this causes characters who take this more susceptible to being captured during PvP.

Discuss.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Capture and ransom - Faction PvP feature
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:24:21 am »

i like it. but 24k is kinda high. unless i can trade guns,ammo and drugs 2 to get him out. am sure the controlling faction would not mind having some more guns and ammo.
Roaming the waste again.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:08:02 pm »

What if some newbie was on a wrong place in a wrong time and gets busted ? And yes, 24k is too much.

The idea is good for locking up pesky scouts, unarmed trolls and so on, but then cuttheveins shouldnt be possible to use somehow.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 12:26:25 pm »

What if some newbie was on a wrong place in a wrong time and gets busted ? And yes, 24k is too much.
You missed the part where I said that only people in a player driven factions can be captured...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 12:28:39 pm »

I don't think that this could work. If you restrict capturing to just people that are in some faction, PvP factions will most probably bypass it by using non-factioned chars for PvP (not to mention that there are also factions not interested in PvP at all, i.e. some players who just wanted a base). And if you make it that everyone can be captured it will become a trolling tool.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 12:31:46 pm »

I don't think that this could work. If you restrict capturing to just people that are in some faction, PvP factions will most probably bypass it by using non-factioned chars for PvP (not to mention that there are also factions not interested in PvP at all, i.e. some players who just wanted a base). And if you make it that everyone can be captured it will become a trolling tool.
But it's the benefit/consequence scenario.

Being in a gang brings benefits of being able to TC, store mass amounts of things interchangeable, and name colorization.  (name colorization being the most useful for everyone)

Consequence is other gangs and take you hostage and for ransom.

I think it's more than beneficial to just be in a gang and be sure to cuttheveins before anyone gets you.  I would like to hear "Fuck we lost!  Everyone cuttheveins now!!!"

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 12:32:06 pm »

~suicide will make this extra feature extra useless.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:34:10 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 12:35:07 pm »

hahaha this is so stupid! 2nd jail, and what if 2nd fation is to weak to defeat gang who owns the town? they will loose all chars :D this will be abuse, people were crying because someone was killing them in rented room and now you want to put them to prison ? :D what if i will capture all noobs in my town? they will just ragequit or cry to gm.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »

hahaha this is so stupid! 2nd jail, and what if 2nd fation is to weak to defeat gang who owns the town? they will loose all chars :D this will be abuse, people were crying because someone was killing them in rented room and now you want to put them to prison ? :D what if i will capture all noobs in my town? they will just ragequit or cry to gm.
2nd factions waits till enemy is offline and makes a jailbreak.

Even the weakest factions could accomplish any of the said ways to get their chars out except maybe capturing town.

stfu bro ;D
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 12:41:43 pm »

2nd factions waits till enemy is offline and makes a jailbreak.
stfu bro ;D

so now i have to wait few hours ? so stupid. this will ruin fun of pvp. and i can use it to enslave all sneakers or miners? and i can camp with 20 muties militia + mercs to shoot on sight and 2 players trolls who will just troll them. this is worst sugestion ever. i know you like to catch slaves but cathing player is just wrong and trollish. "we lost lets all make ceremonial suicide" wtf ancient japanese? so now everyon should have wakijashi blade in inventory and bid "cut my stomach"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:43:15 pm by RED.DOT »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 12:52:05 pm »

so now i have to wait few hours ? so stupid. this will ruin fun of pvp. and i can use it to enslave all sneakers or miners? and i can camp with 20 muties militia + mercs to shoot on sight and 2 players trolls who will just troll them. this is worst sugestion ever. i know you like to catch slaves but cathing player is just wrong and trollish. "we lost lets all make ceremonial suicide" wtf ancient japanese? so now everyon should have wakijashi blade in inventory and bid "cut my stomach"
You have to be in a player driven faction to be captured.

And if your -hp and alone you're dead anyways.

And bro, if you're too weak to help yourself don't go into town with know motha-fuckahs :D.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »

You missed the part where I said that only people in a player driven factions can be captured...
98% of people are in factions, even majority of loners got a faction base just for the sake of alt management.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 01:41:46 pm »

Quote from: Michaelh139
But it's the benefit/consequence scenario.
Being in a gang brings benefits of being able to TC
The way TC is now I would rather make lvl5 AFK alts in faction for caping and use non-faction alts for defending them. And it would probably be this way even if the TC worked the old way.

store mass amounts of things interchangeable
I can set my alts as friends of a faction, so they have access to the base.

and name colorization.  (name colorization being the most useful for everyone)
I can tag my allies green manually. Yeah, I would rather do this once per char, than pay some ransom money more than once per char.

Also it would be pretty hard to balance the ransom money amount, it would either be so low that larger PvP factions wouldn't give a damn or it would be crippling for smaller ones. (Personally I can level up new PvP char much faster than get 24k)
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

dude i saw you in pvp action. you would be 1rst whom get captured. and who goes to town if he isnt member of faction? ncr crafter? :D even he is member of bos/raiders

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 03:02:55 pm »

Michael, i like your idea, because i think that liberation of alts from prison could be funny, if there would exist alternative for cash payment. Using skills like traps (C4), steal (to get keys from guards), lockpick,.. in entertaining PVE scenario.

On other way, arguments of previous posters, ecxpet DipullyyyDarf, are valid. I dont want to repeat them, but i have one point. If your idea is proposed as a upgrade or improvement of current TC, then it is wrong, because current TC mechanism is fail, because of many reasons, sadly not only because of bugs.

But your idea of imprison player chars is good and i would like to see it rather in PVE only variation.

My counterproposal:

Everyone knows encouters with raiders, npc faction. So simply: if you are killed in that encouter, you will not respawn in common respawn points, as usual, but you will respawn in prison (cage, locked doors,..) in Raiders base, and your teamates or friends or just hired muscles would have to rescue your char (kill, sneak, lockpick, traps, science skills are required).

And because there are a lot of similar NPC factions on world map (khans, highwaymans,...) a lot of different bases(prisons) could be created, each in different place covering different area, required different skills. So what do you think? It could be first real PVE team mod in the game. Imprisonment has a tradition in Fallout universe (Tandi in Fallout 1, Restoration project quests in F2, Fallout tactics too,...).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:14:33 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 22 queries.