"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 01:11:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Merchants ... help!  (Read 828 times)

Merchants ... help!
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:10:19 am »

So I haven't played in a couple of years  :-\ and naturally a lot of things about this game have changed.
I'm starting to figure things out on my own which is fun, albeit slow.

However, one thing that is new that I can't seem to figure out: Merchants.
Specifically:  What do they buy?  Is there a guide to what they will buy from you?
I've perused the wiki & searched the forums a bit but can't seem to find any clear answer.

For example some merchants will buy my weak healing powders & brahmin hides & some will only buy guns/ammo.
Some won't buy anything at all and I've yet to find any merchants that will buy armor from me.

Thanks for your help.   
(Also, if you can think of any BIG changes since 2010 that you would like to mention, please do!)  ;D
PS I have charisma 3.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
Re: Merchants ... help!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:39:55 am »

All I can say definitively right now, is that all bars buy fruits, flint, broc, and xander. Most are a bit more finicky about their ammo. General stores generally buy ammo, but your barter and rep has to be kinda high from what i've observed, because it looks like its modified past 0. The Gun stores only seem to buy high-grade guns or EW, or in some cases (i.e. tanker) Armor. Armor smiths buy high-grade armor. Hospitals (except the one in JT) buy drugs and stims.
Then there is San Fran which has two EW dealers (and high-gradeguns)

And then the Amenities Offices in VC are weird. A only buys needler and .223 Pistol from me so far, and B only buys Tesla Armor. Medicine won't buy anything. 
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 21 queries.