"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:27:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Another New FOnline?  (Read 89515 times)

Re: Another New FOnline?
« Reply #435 on: May 23, 2012, 04:46:42 pm »

Yes, you are a one who want to have a better fonline server but you must hating developers because they fear that Bethesda may sue them in court. Bethesda can do anything, believe me. They can close these all projects because they example don't want to see any fallout game which is not their. Sorry but this is real wolrd, if fonline will more popular they can do this.
Right, propably we will decide to put fot as open source, and than there will be nobody, who can be attacked by Bethesda. Becouse project will be not created by some team, but by all community.
« Reply #436 on: May 23, 2012, 07:40:37 pm »

http://www.fallout-posters.com/

Below you'll find our Fallout posters and Fallout vector graphics (AI/EPS). Ad posters stem from the video game series Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and the general Fallout universe. All posters and vector graphics are reinterpretations of actual posters and artwork from Bethesdas epic Fallout-series, designed by the world's greatest (?) Fallout-fan and Norwegian Art Director Erling Løken Andersen.

"Down due to copyright claim by Bethesda."
« Reply #437 on: May 23, 2012, 08:36:05 pm »

Right, propably we will decide to put fot as open source[...]

If you do this, remember that you can still be the head of that open source team and co-ordinate what goes into the project. In a way it would not be so different to how you're working now, except everyone would be able to see your source material. I genuinely hope you manage to find some way to keep the project going - what you were trying was radically different to the existing FOnline projects and served well to illustrate the flexibility of the engine.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #438 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:51 pm »

Well but u care about getting banned on second account on forums derp.

No not really :/
« Reply #439 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:24 am »

I hope this game does go somewhere, It definitely caught my eyes.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #440 on: May 24, 2012, 03:28:58 pm »

I don't want blame or judge anyone, but this response would (or wanted to be used) be used for getting 2238 open source, which could give many servers, good quality and those low ones.
But I guess 2238 dev's won't ever do that and they'll better dig it in some hole than give it out ;-).
h
« Reply #441 on: May 24, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »

If I'm not mistaken developers already stated that 2238 would never be released as open source.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #442 on: May 24, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »

If I'm not mistaken developers already stated that 2238 would never be released as open source.
Thats why I was thinking of this, to force them to do.
h

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #443 on: May 24, 2012, 08:51:10 pm »

Never? I think they can do it for 5-10 years.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2012, 12:44:15 am »

from what i see about fonline engine is its a different engine than whats used in fallout 1 and 2.

If ALL art assets where replaced, and game was just called the wastes. Bethesda cant do shit then.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

ttj

• In-game:Baked-Hoffa
« Reply #445 on: May 26, 2012, 01:30:59 am »

The one thing i think is so f*cking brilliant its fallout/Fonline never gonna die, and we are avrage off 50 players everyday testing out this "Alpha" i will say thats pretty damn good with this rollback, server down, no update etc.
I will thank developers behind Fonline Engine and 2238 never give up! Please, Do every thing you can to not let Bethesda ruin this..

:-X
Best regrets
Wastelander!

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »

Situation with Bethesda/Interplay copywrights solved positively.
During the first beta session of FOT, me and Skycast provided to Xenom some clear design and balance vision for the future server development. At this point Xenom officially handed me and Skycast leadership on the project.
I can say that development started again - so stay tuned and wait for better and stronger server.
Ofcourse we need some time to implement and test our development ideas. Prepare for positive changes and big injection of new content.

Dev/Contributors recruitment is opened. If u feel that You want to join our team and help us - feel free to contact me via PM.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:06:52 am by Rascal »
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »

Situation with Bethesda/Interplay copywrights solved positively.

That's excellent news. Is there any further info on the specifics of the response? If they've given you a can/can't do list, it would be useful to have that info for anyone else working on any FOnline based project. Good luck with the development of the project :)

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #448 on: May 29, 2012, 08:58:48 pm »

They wished good luck with development at the end of the msg :D

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #449 on: May 29, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

Sounds good Rascal, much luck with the further development! :)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.