"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:23:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Another New FOnline?  (Read 89515 times)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Another New FOnline?
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »

You guys really failed <3
If you waiting answer from Bethesda about Master.dat, Critter.dat and tactics files...

I must say, it would be better that you don't ask from them and create server without their permission.
But of course, you can wish that they accept but I really doubt that.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2012, 07:07:11 pm »

Smells big failure over here indeed.  ;D

JovankaB

« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2012, 07:11:08 pm »

If Bethesda wasn't interested in keeping track of your project (and maybe other FOnline projects),
you have it guaranteed now. ::)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2012, 07:18:10 pm »

If Bethesda wasn't interested in keeping track of your project (and maybe other FOnline projects),
you have it guaranteed now. ::)
Some kind of "If we can't do server, so you won't do too herp derp.".
h
« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2012, 07:32:53 pm »

They have rights, look a here http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/04/bethesdas-lawyers-threaten-guy-giving-away-free-fallout-posters/

Someone made by him free posters and got trouble so fonline would have problems too.

I do not be surprised if in 2013 beteshit "attack" (yes they attack) our community for fonline.

And people start hate because someone want to be complies with the law. Read fallout license first and later start talking.  ::)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 22, 2012, 07:40:12 pm »

Some kind of "If we can't do server, so you won't do too herp derp.".
Yeah <3
"Argh.. 2238 takes all players.. I need to think a plan.. now I know! I will make Bethashit take them down!! muhahahaaa"
Or so
« Reply #426 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:03 pm »

Choosing to ignore the various "FoT is here now and it's good so 2238 will die because it's rubbish and it smells" comments previously (I don't think any of them came from any FoT devs), I doubt the intention was malicious. You can understand why someone would want a little confirmation before investing months and years of their life into developing a project - nobody wants to work their arses off for several years for free, only to have their project suddenly closed.

Anyway, to my knowledge the FOnline stuff has always been "sort of fine" based on the fact it's technically a mod - you need to own the original (almost 15 year old) game to run it, though it happens to run those assets through a completely new engine. Obviously it's always been a slightly grey area - but shouldn't be considered to be less legal than any of the older mods on NMA, including those as simple as adding or adjusting a sprite, or even the tools such as dat extractors and frm viewers.

Anyone involved in the original Fallouts must have been interviewed on NMA about 10,000 times each by now, so it's probably fair to assume that they were aware of other mods including FOnline, and haven't made a complaint yet. Of course Bethesda might see it differently as they a) still exist as a company, b) are actively promoting other games from that license and c) have different aims and values.

The thing with the poster guy could be seen as worrying, but two notable parts were that the web address had the full word "Fallout" in it, which could be seen as "confusion about branding" (perhaps "fallout-fan-art-posters.com would have been okay?) and that it had so much attention - over 100,000 downloads. By comparison, FOnline is more like a hobby for a few hundred people.

If they get a positive response or no response, then that's a good thing - it stops being a grey area and becomes "officially okay", though a negative response might lead to a lot of urgent design work for "Post Explosion Nuclear Isometric Simulator 2238".

Worryingly, if they get through this bit, you do wonder if such problems will reappear if/when an offical Fallout MMORPG is released.

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #427 on: May 22, 2012, 09:19:58 pm »

Yeah <3
"Argh.. 2238 takes all players.. I need to think a plan.. now I know! I will make Bethashit take them down!! muhahahaaa"
Or so

You should make your own game/server and you propably know how its hard work.  ;) Oh but I remember, you can't do anything so you insult other team developers.
And 2238 is not taking players, Requiem and TLA mk2 take it always. :)

. You can understand why someone would want a little confirmation before investing months and years of their life into developing a project - nobody wants to work their arses off for several years for free, only to have their project suddenly closed.

Only one who understand this situation.

Xenom tell us more about ok?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 22, 2012, 09:35:58 pm »

You should make your own game/server and you propably know how its hard work.  ;) Oh but I remember, you can't do anything so you insult other team developers.
That... that was mean :')
Of course I can do something myself, but yeah making own server would be too impossible to me (All that coding etc, makes me sick)
But I would understand to keep my "project" to be with players, not to get permission from bethaswhatever.
« Reply #429 on: May 22, 2012, 11:03:14 pm »

I smell alot of hate toward xenom and his projects.

Hater's gonna hate.....RIP 2238 :-[

Ras

« Reply #430 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:12 pm »

Client (also 2238) contains original and reworked files from Fallout (edited critters, posters, interface,items, scenery etc). So I do not have to explain this is incompatible with the law.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2012, 08:56:19 am »

hello, im fonline developer and you need to recpect my hard work!! ..fucking ungrateful community!!

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #432 on: May 23, 2012, 01:50:03 pm »

War, war never changes...

People, people never changes...

and... It is better to kill someone than help him... sad but true.

For people like you they shouldnt do anything because you dont respect it. You can only insult, trolling and hating but nothing make for this poor/small community. Why fonliners are sooooo jealous?

hello, im fonline developer and you need to recpect my hard work!! ..fucking ungrateful community!!

Yes, you are a one who want to have a better fonline server but you must hating developers because they fear that Bethesda may sue them in court. Bethesda can do anything, believe me. They can close these all projects because they example don't want to see any fallout game which is not their. Sorry but this is real wolrd, if fonline will more popular they can do this.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #433 on: May 23, 2012, 03:43:08 pm »

Who gives a shit about Bethesda lol, I don't :))))) .

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #434 on: May 23, 2012, 03:48:19 pm »

Who gives a shit about Bethesda lol, I don't :))))) .
Well but u care about getting banned on second account on forums derp.

And If its that so true from Bethesda, so so great things has their ends also...
Was a nice fun anyway.
h
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 20 queries.