"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:33:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: noob advice thread.  (Read 3799 times)

Swarm

noob advice thread.
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »

Ok so after reading many butthurt and bickering about this wipe I decided to make a thread with some tips for noobs. Sure we all know there alot of things that suck, I suggest the piece of shit game thread to write how much the game sucks for new comers. No bitching, no complaining just advice for noobs and other players to get started.

Here is my suggestion for starting:
Ok so you are level 1 blue suit no items just made your build but have no tent no items. People are mean and tell you to piss off when you ask for caps and brahmin hides in towns what do you do?

I suggest clicking on random squares and picking up a some flint and craft into primitive tools. Then I suggest start looking for fruit plants and forests for wood. City squares have wood and fruit plants in same location at times. Find a still in any town and make rot gut. Then take the rot gut go to workbench and make moltav cocktails. Then go into small easy critter encounters and blow them up with moltavs to get a few levels. Throwing moltovs does not require any skill points and can be done with the lowest skill, you may miss a few times but for most part you can hit any small critter. You can also go do this on brahmins but draw back is you can blow up the brahmins and not get hides.

Also now we can fast log nice feature! If you are quick to get a tent make a heavy handed character, and punch small critters until level 2 then go for brahmins and hide the hides behind walls and various spots in town where there isn't a lot of player traffic depending where you start. Then you can grab the hides and go make your character of choice.

I don't suggest starting with a laser build they are not easy to start unless you have an alt to farm the weapons and ammo for them.

After establishing the tent, you can try doing what some players call gun running, where you find npcs vs npcs enocunters and loot weapons. If you do not want to die a billion times doing this wait until the NPCs are done fighting then loot the bodies they don't loot.

Power leveling:
1 - 8 moltavs vs mantis, dogs, geckos and scorpions, molerats
8-15 mutated mole rats, or floaters cenataurs vs alien encounters
15+ floaters centaurs vs aliens

Farming and caps:
Caps make a slaver alt do quests or farm spear wielding npcs
Suggest making an alt dedicated to killing town patrols if you do not want to limit what cities you can go into.

Good luck the wasteland is harsh that is all I can think of for starter advice.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:22:33 pm by Swarm »
Re: noob advice thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:09:52 pm »

General advice or levelling advice or what?
If general, always check your list of followers after leaving town. Wait 30 seconds and check again. Lag can make followers appear later.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Swarm

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:25:48 pm »

General advice or levelling advice or what?
If general, always check your list of followers after leaving town. Wait 30 seconds and check again. Lag can make followers appear later.

Any advice is fine just anything to help the new comer.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 04:25:21 pm »

Color up some topic starts:  e.g.  'Power leveling:'

It's easier on the eyes, at least for me.  But don't pick too bright colors.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »

Color up some topic starts:  e.g.  'Power leveling:'

It's easier on the eyes, at least for me.  But don't pick too bright colors.

Dark blue on dark gray...? NOT easy on the eyes.

My advice is - never trade valuable things with someone you don't know (especially new accounts on forum).

Take 3 CH. Tag outdoorsman. Life will be much easier.

Don't shoot people on sight.
Probably you will die anyway and you will only make enemies among those who don't PK newbies.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:45:54 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »

Use also sewers of Necropolis for rat source. Beware of those who sees Necropolis as bluesuit source.

For Wanamingos see Redding.

Junk can be best sold at Salvagers at Trisha for 5 caps a piece. For gathering junk and wood the city squares of Necropolis and SanFrancisco are the best.

When the resources are depleted, wait 20 minutes to replenish them.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 07:06:05 pm »

edit: apparently you need the ranger perk!! for outdoorsman camp/advanced tent

when you use the workbench postion yourself and the screen in such a way that you can see anybody stand next to you. If they do exit the workbench immediatly and run away. it may be a thief! THis also goes for entering trading...

not so well know fact that i heard about today (amongst new players) 100 outdoorsman gives a advanced tent if you build a tent. it has a workbench and i heard more storage. NOTE: it will replace your old tent and your belongings in storage will dissapear if you already had a non advanced tent

needs a sticky
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:28:20 pm by MRtrader »
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »

today just leveled up with collecting fruits and then gave them to kid at hub.
from lvl 2 to lvl 4

fruits are also good money at some shops.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:22:03 pm »

not so well know fact that i heard about today (amongst new players) 100 outdoorsman gives a advanced tent if you build a tent. it has a workbench and i heard more storage.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,20054.0.html
And it's stickied

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 08:30:25 pm »

today just leveled up with collecting fruits and then gave them to kid at hub.
from lvl 2 to lvl 4

fruits are also good money at some shops.

Could it be that the kids in the center don't accept them?
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »

Could it be that the kids in the center don't accept them?
Only 1 kid next to Brahmin pens

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 01:49:28 am »

Dark blue on dark gray...? NOT easy on the eyes.
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/e.g.html

It was just an example.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »

new tip from my post about electronic parts gathering in vault 15.

note: for more save locations for gathering see thread "Electronic Parts from Broken Computers"

going for the vault 15 parts is indeed dangerous.

tried and tested strategy.
 Tip: stand in the last elevator downstairs and hold them off. they cant reach you all (the molerats) so you can take them down one or two at a time instead of being surrounded. Note vault 15 is realtime! And when in combat you can't climb back up

avv

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 06:36:50 pm »

Learn to dual log and make alts for every task.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »

advice for noobs,just don't start playing at all.
im not even mad,i have few decent chars with all the eq i need but the PKing here is too retarded.and it's not 'hardcore,wasteland is harsh bro' it's just retarded.
i tried to give guy hides for tent and some russian morons killed him twice, i couldnt tell him to meet somewhere else as he has no radio,irc or anyhing and we were in modoc.1st time they killed us while i was giving him eq and hides.tried to explain to them that im only giving him stuff for tent since hes 1st time player but we got killed 2nd time.
and no updates for days
'quit whining,wasteland's harsh'
guess what,there's 150 players online and thats probably best there'll be today

so
advice for noobs

dont play this.there are other free gmaes with more updates and def more players
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:23:59 pm by smegheadcro »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 28 queries.