"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 11:10:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Give players the ability to change the build of an already leveled character.  (Read 3376 times)

Just apply the one character per player rule already! Re-add the log-in/out time out and ban people having alts.
Unenforceable. GMs don't have time for normal trouble, let alone checking if it's your mom playing or you from a 2nd laptop.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...

It's easy to check. Same factions, same IPs, same everything.
your mom playing or you from a 2nd laptop.
Dual log is still against the game's rules. The GMs have already checked people playing from the same IP and mostly they resolve this issue - either it's you dual logging or it's you and your mom playing together. Then again, a proper account system bundled to the forums would be great.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

I think, that checking all characters (I wonder who dual-logs with the same address for a while long enough to be caught), that belong to the same faction could be very time-consuming. Acquiring another IP is quite the opposite. :)

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage

The server is back on. Let the shitstorm resume!
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Example of Abuse

I create and level up a biggun character or a leader. In a few hours, i will level up him to level 24 without even looking at the screen, as these chars are easy to level up.
Then i will change it to a char that is harder to level up. Maybe a crafter, a thief or a lockpicker.

So, you erase the difference between levelling difficulties for different characters.

Just apply the one character per player rule already! Re-add the log-in/out time out and ban people having alts.

Retarded idea. If YOU want just one character, go on, have it, but i dont.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

Example of Abuse

I create and level up a biggun character or a leader. In a few hours, i will level up him to level 24 without even looking at the screen, as these chars are easy to level up.
Then i will change it to a char that is harder to level up. Maybe a crafter, a thief or a lockpicker.

So, you erase the difference between levelling difficulties for different characters.
That is not an abuse.

No one forces these characters to go only one skill.  Almost all builds have room for a second main skill, combat could be in this case, and used to level on moles or something easily.

And abuse would be that someone has advantage over other without other having possibility to gain this advantage. 
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage

The difference in leveling difficulty between different builds was not intentionally planned, balanced, and implemented to begin with, so I don't see a problem with removing it.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...

Retarded idea. If YOU want just one character, go on, have it, but i dont.
So, you preffer having hundreds of alts just to support one stupid PvP ape? Nobody said anything about independent characters from same players, purely focussing on alts right now.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Simply, all you have to do is only allow you to change the entire character one time. if you fuck your build up big deal.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.