"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 11:08:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Give players the ability to change the build of an already leveled character.  (Read 3375 times)

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage

You go to the doctor in the VC courtyard and pay him to have his autodoc implant you with  cybernetic enhancements and memory modules that restat your build like in Opera's character planner.

It will improve betatesting by letting players try out more builds.

It will allow players to adjust if the way a perk works is changed.

It will allow players to fix a mistake they made in their builds.

Doing all of those things without having to grind from level 1 to 24 every time will make the game less tedious and more fun.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Vandal

• The Sarmatian

I wish to see this in game :) I have already a char lvl 24 with wrong trait and it's messing the whole character  :-\

Prometheus Pithras

• Blues, Blues Never Change
    • Black Metal Radio

Doing all of those things without having to grind from level 1 to 24 every time will make the game less tedious and more fun.
simply brilliant

[img]http://oi43.tinypic.com/nmcnly.jpg[/img

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9Zm8qBT-U[

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage

Also, we won't have to have as many alts.

You gotta have some mali, otherwise you can just make a level-dedicated build and rearrange the experience points later on what you want.

The procedure can gone botched and eliminate S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points permanently. Getting arms badly cut, eye poked out, cut a scar across the face, hit the cranium, hurt the spine or the spleen.
Everyone knows spleen is a lucky organ, would be bad if it were hurt.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage

You gotta have some mali, otherwise you can just make a level-dedicated build and rearrange the experience points later on what you want.

Why is that a problem? Even if it is, the surgery can be made expensive.

I am not suggesting that SPECIAL restrictions should be removed, only that the char should be rebuildable under the same restrictions.

Lets take scenario one Player A had this special 5 6 4 10 5 5 5 he bought a supermutant and got himself a slaver tattoo gathered 3 salves all at his commands suddenly he decides ok enough of this and go make the surgery now he is 5 7 10 1 6 10 1. What happens to the followers he has?
He is the same guy who hired the mutie so his loyalty shouldn't change the slaves are just slaves their choice is out of question they may try to rebbel but again the formula is valid. And what happens if he take a trait like good natured after the remake?
This idea if implemented possible would lead to a tons of bugs.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage

The followers disappear and all the restrictions on special, traits, and skills remain.

I want this too. I've been leveling up my alt and realized it was messed up and had to make another one..
My character name is Pugilist

Elvis

• Blue Suede Shoes!

No. takes the whole fun out leveling and roleplaying a character.. go play counter strike..

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

No. takes the whole fun out leveling and roleplaying a character.. go play counter strike..
Wtf?

You have to level your character first.

I'm sure it'd be made expensive-as-fuck to balance it.

There are no downsides, no exploits or abuses the idea in itself could facilitate unless it was implemented incorrectly.

And not EVERYONE likes to RP.  I like to, but not always, and I know some who don't at all.

And this feature isn't like it would be mandatory for everyone to do or anyone for that matter.

Don't be a pisser and act like everyone has to bend to your ways.

BTW, there's someone looking at you through the window.  I think he's from the CIA.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:07:43 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Elvis

• Blue Suede Shoes!

you're immaturity shines out of you're ass, anything that was a suggestion was trashed into trolling because you can't remove fucking personal sly attack comments from post.. fuck off and play counter strike too micheal.

I stand by my statement, its a terrible idea. and takes all the fun out of this server.. take your idea somewhere else.. where exploiting is liked..
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:29:36 am by Elvis »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

you're immaturity shines out of you're ass, anything that was a suggestion was trashed into trolling because you can't remove fucking personal sly attack comments from post.. fuck off and play counter strike too micheal.
Yes, I am the Harbinger of all trolling.  I am the reason all good suggestions have gone to the grave.  Watch out for that guy by the window.  He may come get you in your sleep.   :-X

And why such hate for Counter Strike?  Srsly?  What did it do to you? 
I stand by my statement, its a terrible idea. and takes all the fun out of this server.. take your idea somewhere else.. where exploiting is liked..
And yet you give no real evidence as to how it would take fun out of the server.

You just say:  "Oh my fucking god this idea sucks it is so exploitable fucking shit-idea go fuck and die."
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Signor

• Hairy Potter

Dev's will always be tweaking and adjusting the perks/skills (if not possibly removing some). Obviously there needs to be limits to such a system but if players aren't allowed to respec then they will end up being punished for reasons beyond their control.

I still fail to see how it takes the fun out of role-playing... as long as there is a adequate RP explanation as to a respec system then it no longer becomes a problem as a good amount of techno-babble could easily justify it, but thats something better left to the writers.
Hell even in RP heavy MMO's you have respec or similar systems, back in UO my wandering Herder decided he wanted to pack in being a Sheppard and decided upon becoming a Knight after being saved by one from bandits. Obviously I had other reasons for unlearning but the point is that I found a plausible reason to do it and as such restrictive RP should never become a reason for everything to come to a grinding halt.

If you want to be all 'hardcore' and not re-spec, I think that should be up to you, but forcing everyone to play like you want to elvis doesn't really cut it these days, imo.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:45:37 am by Signor »
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams

You go to the doctor in the VC courtyard and pay him to have his autodoc implant you with  cybernetic enhancements and memory modules that restat your build like in Opera's character planner.

It will improve betatesting by letting players try out more builds.

It will allow players to adjust if the way a perk works is changed.

It will allow players to fix a mistake they made in their builds.

YES..YOZZ..I AM TOTALLY AGAINST THIS NEW WAY OF CHEATING...THE LAST THING PLAYERS LIKE YOU NEED!  Already your biggest **** in the game, watching a fight and getting that last kill on people...PKING is one thing, but you bring a new low to the game!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:52:36 am by Jawebo »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.