"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Heres a suggestion! avoid all human's in the desert!  (Read 1173 times)

Heres a suggestion! avoid all human's in the desert!
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:43 pm »

Wasteland is harsh yadda yadda
Seriously, Every single encounter i had with human npc's, excluding the lone wanderer (and even he killed me like 3 times) has ALWAYS ended the same way - i get critted, ko'd, and whacked to death by otherwise insignificant enemy's. Crotch hits, eye hits, head hits, whatever you want you can get out of human npc and ghoul npcs and their crit chances are mad gangsta. Now my suggestion is to have some consistency since the humans of the wasteland are so skillfull with their combat abilitys then why are there so many molerats/muties/other various crap still out there? you'd think that with the ability to cap anything in the eye from a mile away, and with the amount of those bandits out there, all wildlife would be dominated by human npcs, also seeing as humans have double and triple the HP of most wasteland critters
in previous instances a pack of dogs could kill some raiders, in this instance, one raider SHITS on 10 dogs, and ive seen that happen, he just goes slashing them to piece's one by one and they cant do nothing because they are 25 hp and he 1 hits them.
so, either remove all wild life from the wasteland and leave only humans, or make the wildlife stronger as well, because i see no other logic in this, seriously, human npc's had this high crit chance before, when weapons werent as dameging and stuff, but they had lower hp, and they corresponded pretty well with their origins and proffesions - caravan guards had high hp, they were alot tougher and stronger then untrained, poorly armed - starving- because mind you bandits and other no goods dont get food were, and the diffrence was in a good 120 hp if anyone can remember. super mutants were epicly strong because hell, they are super mutants, humans mutated beyond recodnition by a virus designed to make super soldiers, but now - regular bandits have half the hp of a SUPER SOLDIER. how did it come to that?

TL/DR : Make all wasteland enemies balanced, human npc's have too much of an advantage over anything they meet
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:23:05 pm by marager »
Do not piss me off.

avv

Re: Heres a suggestion! avoid all human's in the desert!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:39:51 pm »

I have killed thousands of human npcs and cannot agree with your statements. I must say that npcs crit more and they are harder to deal with in real time alone than before but there are solutions for that and it's either to hunt in a group, choose better encounters or fight in TB.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

Wasteland is harsh yadda yadda
Seriously, Every single encounter i had with human npc's, excluding the lone wanderer (and even he killed me like 3 times) has ALWAYS ended the same way - i get critted, ko'd

Seems like your build choice. Take 10 EN and Stonewall and you will be pretty much immune to KDs
and KOs won't happen often either. And why it should be easy to kill a few humans alone...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:58:00 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:14 pm »

pretty much immune to CD's? my melle guy has more then that, he has tree trunk legs, stone wall and 6 luck and 10 endurance, and what? he gets ko'd every god damn time, every single time some raider ass spears him in the eye - KO!
the only thing i havent tried is thick skulled, maybe itll help? altho its only against headshots, not again GROIN SHOTS which are my ultimate bane as of now.
besides, how am i to chose my encounters better? i have 178 outdoorsman with pathfinder and explorer and what not, i get stopped by an encounter, before my lag screen loads i get shot in the head and ko'd by marauders and lose a days worth of equipment for no good reason at all

EDIT: who in their right mind plays this in real time at all? and in turn based, any god damn human encounter which im facing alone forces me to run away or i CERTAINLY die, i have NEVER won 1v4 bandits, never ever.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:24:14 pm by marager »
Do not piss me off.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »

EDIT: who in their right mind plays this in real time at all? and in turn based, any god damn human encounter which im facing alone forces me to run away or i CERTAINLY die, i have NEVER won 1v4 bandits, never ever.
Travel only in RT, it's much easier to escape. I can't even imagine "running" away from bunch of yahoos in TB. Are you a masochist or something?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

avv

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:45:47 pm »

pretty much immune to CD's? my melle guy has more then that, he has tree trunk legs, stone wall and 6 luck and 10 endurance, and what? he gets ko'd every god damn time, every single time some raider ass spears him in the eye - KO!

Your problem is that you use melee. It kills things too slow. Try sg burst. You won't get armors intact but there's a method for that aswell. It depends what you want to kill and what you want to extract from them. Raider leather jackets are worth nothing so they can be bursted without seconds thoughts.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 09:59:37 pm »

Dont level on humans. You get more xp for non loot drop enemies and with the new trading its not like farming raider rubbish is any use especially if you are unarmed.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 05:34:26 am »

This session I have not hunted in TB once.  Do not use this as a defense... makes you seem close-minded and arrogant.

CLEARLY... VERY clearly... you do not know how other people deal with their combat.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:48:07 am »

the only thing i havent tried is thick skulled, maybe itll help? altho its only against headshots, not again GROIN SHOTS which are my ultimate bane as of now.
besides, how am i to chose my encounters better? i have 178 outdoorsman with pathfinder and explorer and what not, i get stopped by an encounter, before my lag screen loads i get shot in the head and ko'd by marauders and lose a days worth of equipment for no good reason at all

Man i dunno what are you doing wrong but certainly there is something wrong!

I gotta pugilist build which can take out like 4 raiders armed in spears/pistols/any_non_burst_weapon with EN 10 stonewall without thick skull

It's no biggie to take them out in RT... it's even easier in TB

Plus the quality of my PC and the internet connection are freaking clownshoes!

PS. maybe put your build somwhere and we'll see what canbe done about it...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »

Dont level on humans. You get more xp for non loot drop enemies and with the new trading its not like farming raider rubbish is any use especially if you are unarmed.

One of the things I'll be correcting whilst I am working on the NPCs is finally making their XP more appropriate.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 3.211 seconds with 25 queries.