"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:23:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Choose a Parking Place...  (Read 1060 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Choose a Parking Place...
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:57:41 pm »

Suggestion: when we arrive at a base or tent with a car, we should be prompted where we wish to park. There are several places at each base - some are strongly not preferred at different times. Realism: any of us would park in the right place on the first try.

Unless we were drunk! Followup idea: if you park drunk, then you don't get the prompt. Ha!
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Re: Choose a Parking Place...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:50:20 am »

+1

Yes! Please!

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 02:08:16 am »

Hmm, does it really matter? It seems like there would be very few situations that would call for a specific parking spot.

For the amount of work it would take to code this (Probably quite a bit, I'm guessing.) It wouldn't seem a viable use of time when there are other more enticing updates and content that needs to be added/fixed.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 02:14:06 am »

If someone parks, enters car and then reparks, the repark will always be a different spot. Seems much simpler to code, requires no extra bindings or functions, and is much faster to find a good parking spot.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 02:49:52 am »

No... not always!

In the facion where everyone has a car(s) it can be a grivious nuisance

A simple opyion while parking [SAME SPOT] [RANDOM] would suffice i think

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:44:38 am »

No... not always!

In the facion where everyone has a car(s) it can be a grivious nuisance

A simple opyion while parking [SAME SPOT] [RANDOM] would suffice i think
I think he means that would be a simpler solution.  I'd be happy with that for a solution.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 03:42:08 am »

Hmm, does it really matter? It seems like there would be very few situations that would call for a specific parking spot.

For the amount of work it would take to code this (Probably quite a bit, I'm guessing.) It wouldn't seem a viable use of time when there are other more enticing updates and content that needs to be added/fixed.

It VERY much matters, if my faction is doing a mining run and ar returning with ore, i want to park my car or caravan as close to the storage ara as possible, every hex matters when were on a deadline. I am absolutelynsupporting this easy to implement idea.. Its eaxy because it will most likely reuse the code from entering towns from different locations.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 03:44:51 am »

Parking spots on maps are defined by a simple hex with a special number assigned - it should not be too hard to implement such a similar system. Though, I personally can't see the dire need of such a system, but on the other hand I have never been member of a faction with lots of car traffic in the "home" base.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:01:47 am »

Parking spots on maps are defined by a simple hex with a special number assigned - it should not be too hard to implement such a similar system. Though, I personally can't see the dire need of such a system, but on the other hand I have never been member of a faction with lots of car traffic in the "home" base.

"Dire"?... maybe not... but think about this: When you setup a tent near a mine... you enter from the SAME LOCATION when you WALK in... HOWEVER: if you enter with a caravan, there are SO MANY places you can end up... many of them being far from the caravan, so for many of us dedicated caravan miners, we need to re-enter our own tent to obtain the IDEAL spot to cut down on our mining time..

If it's not a hard thing to implement, and doesn't break gameplay, and people like it, and it makes sense in our wasteland-reality.... shouldn't that be all that matters?
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 22 queries.