"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:52:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AC Tweaks  (Read 1302 times)

AC Tweaks
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

I like the new intention of AC. Now it represent the difficult to hit targets based on dodge skills instead of deflection, so it have logic that a moving target have more AC, but i think it can work when not running and cover other areas.

Dodge:
A char can dodge attacks even if is standing (of course in rl bullets cant be dodged but this is a game) So:
Reduce starting AC 1 per AG point. Reduce all bonus from perks/traits to 1/3
When walking Ac its duplicated and triplicated when runing (same as now).
For turn based: Duplicate AC if at least 1 AP was used to walk. Triplicate the AC if more than 4 AC was used to walk

HtH Evade perks:
For now its like an extra dodger perk for melee/unarmed players. It would be good if this perk works different and add a constant AC bonus regardless if you are moving or not. (i think 15 and 30 are good values for those perks)

Covering:
Stand behing barrels and other objects should raise your AC for a constant value. Also can be a new perk that increase covering bonus or radius.

So the formula would be like: (base AC +perk/traits bonus) * moving speed [1,2 or 3] + HtH evade perks + bonus for covering - armor penalty.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:17:40 pm by RavenWolf »
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
Re: AC Tweaks
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:19:26 am »

and this is something I like. Actually having some AC when standing still. The best way for cover to work is to apply a AC bonus when standing near objects. Just like sneak works now. This way dodger perks and AC becomes a more viable and interresting way for classes other than Unarmed/melee, thief or occasional combat medic to defend themself. And I agree that the hth dodger perks should just always give you the full AC. It works just for melee/unarmed anyway and melee/unarmed builds that do not use sneak are quite encouraged to take the perks anyway. 

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:58:32 am »

Nah, hth evade can give this AC bonus when using hth/melee  VS. hth/melee enemies (and maybe thrown knifes, spears and rocks as well). This could work all the time and it would be a nice thing vs heave handed lv3 boxers.

In turn based when you end your turn with 1-2 ap (can't hit with that, no point moving) then these ap are waisted. The AC in tb should be:
FINAL_AC=2 x BASE_AC x (UNUSED_AP+HEX_MOVED)/MAX_AP
If (FINAL_AC>BASE_AC)
 FINAL_AC=BASE_AC;

So if you have 90AC, 10 action points and moved 2 hex (or ended turn with 2ap) you'd get
2x90x(2+0)/10=36 AC.

If RT should use rules as TB (I'm not saying it should) then the formula for AC in RT could use the max/current AP ratio. With full AP you have 100% AC with no AP you have 0%AC. Both while standing and running.

E.g. You have 90AC, 10 ap and you shoot from a bg for 7ap. AC=90x(10-7)/10=27.

...well, just a idea. 

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 01:17:32 pm »

Covering:
Stand behing barrels and other objects should raise your AC for a constant value. Also can be a new perk that increase covering bonus or radius.

This is how I want it to work. I was thinking specifically about sandbags in domination mode, but it works for barrels etc.

You could then have weapons which overrided it, which would then be weapons you could use to assault defensive positions (Grenades, RL)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

teamabyss

• The forum account for Team Abyss Gaming
    • Our yotube page... (It has a twitter link somewhere on it, i think?)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 02:49:09 pm »

All looks like a good idea,
But can i maybe just add something to it?
I think oneday, some kind of stance idea should be implemented, and can kind of link in with this..
There should be an offensive stance, which increases accuracy, but makes it so you get hit more often.. (Lower AC maybe?)
And a defensive stance, accuracy drops, but dodge chance increases.
And a mix... Bit like what it is at the moment
*Steele critically hit Ethell in the groin for 87 hit points, knocking her out, knocking her down, and bypassing her armour*
SPARTA KICK!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamAbyssGaming?feature=mhee
Thanks for watching!

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 02:59:48 pm »

Anyway Then need to add Non-jinxed requirement for Dodger perks or it will be swarm of dualloged bluesuits...
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 09:41:27 pm »

This is how I want it to work. I was thinking specifically about sandbags in domination mode, but it works for barrels etc.

You could then have weapons which overrided it, which would then be weapons you could use to assault defensive positions (Grenades, RL)
Cool. id like to see how that will work.

I think oneday, some kind of stance idea should be implemented, and can kind of link in with this..
Probably in 3d era that can be easily done.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:58:50 pm »

First and upmost important thing to tweak is the name of this thing.
How good you are at evading can't be called armor class anymore.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 05:05:17 pm »

First and upmost important thing to tweak is the name of this thing.
How good you are at evading can't be called armor class anymore.

Actually the name has been like this for most of the games out there that use it.
It comes from D&D I believe.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 03:56:47 pm »

Yes, but there it is derived from dexterity, armor and other roll bonuses from feats and items, but the armor is huge part.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.