"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 02:20:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Minerals in guarded mining sites.  (Read 2911 times)

Re: Minerals in guarded mining sites.
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 07:07:26 pm »

The point is that it is not fun to lose 2-hour gathering.
You think that a player collects an entire mine, which provides about 22 rocks, or more and to respawn again, you have to wait like 30min .... for you after you came ... I is not no rock collecting.
I need resources to undertake the game, I do hope while such a ridiculous number of respawn?
I watch tv? I go out walking the dog?
And I do not talk about the repair system, where I have to make a weapon to repair another?
I hope you can fix the system of gathering
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:25 pm »

I cleaned out the San Fran Mine, (of just Ore mind you) and I found 200 units or so from mining EVERYTHING. I didn't even touch the minerals.

And I can always find enough to fill my inventory when I go. The Broken Hills and Gecko Mines are similarly good.

It's the JT and NCR mines that are holes filled with newb crafters and furtive throwing alts who need metal parts for more fucking knives.
(Which is fair, I'd rather use a knife than a molotov cocktail for most purposes.)

I basically won't need to go get more iron ore for some considerable period of time. This took a Brahmin, and being willing and able to walk to the mine. When I got trouble, I ordered the Brahmin to run, and I ran too. (It's best if you go the long way, and steer well clear of encounters with NPC's that have guns.)

I think people also might consider revising their notions of what gun they "need" to play if they don't have ready access to lots of minerals. .45 Caliber ammunition is dirt cheap compared to other ammunition, and works well for many purposes. A person might also consider rolling NPC's for guns and common calibers of ammunition. I don't think there is a class of Rat or Gecko that won't job to 9mm or .45. And Practically every NPC encounter these days has some supplies for that.

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 02:49:19 pm »

You brought up 200 ore from a mine. Ok, let mine disabled for 1 hour ......
So if each player does what you do in 24 hours you got to 24 players. The server has 300 now, yet I am not counting the farmers.
To understand this view, the ore and the mineral, they have left over, not just enough, but there is very little.
You just walk to test mine NCR and Jurktown. And put to undermine a while and then let me know.
If you talk to other mines, you're throwing the game across the map, and I are saying that there is an overpopulation of players in the sector and should put more mines to try to solve that problem.
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

I do not have huge experience with the game but as a new player with a low level toon I feel the problem

NCR and Junktown which are the two areas I can try to mine due to my low level and lack of gang/allies are constantly depleted.

Whats worse is the whole "advanced bench/advanced gunpowder" which means my toon cant actually use the guns he can make but thats another story.

Seriously though depending on who passed from a mine VERY often I will spend 30 minutes just to gather 10 iron or 10 gunpowder for the 1 item I need. More often than not its the Iron that is depleted and indeed I find minerals on the floor some times... I like the changed from Cooldown to free gathering but maybe you could add Mineable iron and gunpowder in empty hexes like flowers/fruits/fibers/flint? Maybe just to caves or mountain areas but it would sure be nice...
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 07:21:05 pm »

Hmm...That idea of adding iron ore and minerals to random caves could be interesting, caves can already be dangerous just from what's in them when you go in (don't forget other people entering after you to burst you for lolz) but this idea could be useful.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 04:08:04 pm »

the people want resources! xD
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.