"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:27:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Minerals in guarded mining sites.  (Read 2913 times)

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
Minerals in guarded mining sites.
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »

I noticed (guess not only me) that there is lack of minerals rocks in guarded mines around the FO World.
When you enter the mine you will see that on whole mine there are only 3 rocks where you can dig some minerals and the rest of rocks (10-15 !!) are iron ore, which is nonsense if you consider that to make some ammo we need i.e. 10 gunpowders and 1 metal part...

I dont mind system like this - it's very good, but you should add some minerals rocks to mines or put some of these instead of iron ore rocks as wherever and whenever I enter mine to gather some minerals it says that the rock is depleted...I started to hate the word "depleted", it sucks.

Thank you for attention.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:00:45 pm by Kombajn »
Currently retired.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Minerals in guarded mining sites.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:45:14 pm »

yea i agree iron ore to mineral rate is very unblanced.
for every 1 mineral there is 5 iron.  :-\
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:00:14 pm »

Need to return to the old system where you had a CD, gathering.
Now there are 2 min for all FOnline and 3 rocks ....
You must be 20 minutes to get 10 rocks, and walk up fighting with the rest of the players they do not get stolen the rock.
It's annoying and makes the crafting is not fun.

avv

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

Dismantling ammo to junkpowder would help.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:54:46 pm »

Dismantling ammo to junkpowder would help.

Doing the right things also help.
In any game, farm is tolerated because it is easy.
Here it is very difficult to get the raw material.
You must re-implement the gathering, or put more mines and more rocks. Must calculate that 2 mine for a population of 200 people is very low .... and still leave 3 rocks of iron ore and 3 rocks at each mine. LOL

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 08:10:26 pm »

Last time I checked you could mine 2 minerals with one swing and when the minerals re-spawned I could hit the rocks 5 times before the resources got depleted. There was 1 ore per hit and only 1 ore piece spawned.

Now if you think that's hard, go get enough electronic parts to make some SEC  :P
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »

Last time I checked you could mine 2 minerals with one swing and when the minerals re-spawned I could hit the rocks 5 times before the resources got depleted. There was 1 ore per hit and only 1 ore piece spawned.

Now if you think that's hard, go get enough electronic parts to make some SEC  :P

Ahhh of course, but I was stupid.
I remember we played alone.
The other 199 players not crafting, of course you're right.
This is sad, always in place to fix and improve, we think the argument "There are worse things."
If both the cost of a 10mm, I do not want to imagine a p90.
Not to mention, that you can lose all your equipment anywhere, the game should encourage the crafting and the only way is to make the recollection easier for everyone.
And that is by adding rocks and mines or returning to the gathering
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:27:47 pm by lautaro »

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:08:06 pm »

I dont want to sound mean but... are you insane? ;D
everytime i go to any mine i only found minerals, and a very little amount of ore (but i think its enough).
You must visit Junktown mine, almost all the time there are minerals in the floor because people dont need it.
Also unguarded mines are loner than ever and can be mined without care of repletion, ive found only 1 guy so far in Gecko mine, and he was friendly.

And yes, colect EP its a pain :P, in Europe noon hours the machines are depleted almost all the time (some guys use fastrelog with EP gathering alts), but in the time of night in America i gather like 6EP for each machine.

PD:I wish more places like V15 with some critters and gathering places in the end, just to make gathering less boring
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:11:16 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:43:03 am »

People have experience from different player numbers in different Time Zones.

I hear complaints that "Town is taken in middle of night", as if the takers are waiting for enemies to sleep. It is that they are awake on other side of planet in daytime.

Also: people seem to forget SF mine, which also has EP.

You can also get EP from Waterworks outside computers.

Ammoo unloading would be good.
Perhaps a special bench...
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:41 am »

I dont want to sound mean but... are you insane? ;D
everytime i go to any mine i only found minerals, and a very little amount of ore (but i think its enough).
You must visit Junktown mine, almost all the time there are minerals in the floor because people dont need it.
Also unguarded mines are loner than ever and can be mined without care of repletion, ive found only 1 guy so far in Gecko mine, and he was friendly.

I do not know if maybe you're from US or smth like that. As when I try to gather some minerals (SF,Klamath, JT, Gecko!) there is a chance to gather like 30 pieces all day long. Sometimes I login from my work, at 8.00 A.M. - and there is no diference, so I am trying to do some mining at 12 P.M. or 1 A.M - no difference.

I think that the idea to gather gunpowder from ammo that we do not need is brilliant. Let say that you can obtain from 30% to 50% of gunpowder from 100 bullets. I.e. if the cost of crafting ammo is 10 gunpowder, you can obtain from 3 to 5 pieces of it.
Currently retired.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:48 pm »

There are definitely people who have 8 hours to play every day ..... but this balance, because the weapon crafting, more simple, the game, delays, 30 or 40min.
Just listen to "There are rocks lying on the ground, there are many mines, bla bla bla" but all that is unreal.
Everyone knows that there are few rocks to mine.
And everyone knows that getting "10 ore" is a luxury, when all the mines are Depleted 90% of the time.
The game should focus on other aspects such as PvP, PvE, Crafting.
Do not be a slave all day, or slope of the rocks, or metal parts or rich mineral. Already difficult, crafting in Workbench and move with all your items and parts to build everything and lose everything and to add the terrible difficulty of recollect primary and basic elements of the game.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55:36 pm »

And everyone knows that getting "10 ore" is a luxury, when all the mines are Depleted 90% of the time.
Don't know if you noticed, but there are not only NCR and Junktown mines. All other mines are literally full of materials.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 03:00:56 pm »

Don't know if you noticed, but there are not only NCR and Junktown mines. All other mines are literally full of materials.

It might be thing about playing in different times zones as well. In SF mine there are usually some materials but not much. I often find myself waiting for "resupply" of minerals.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »

The game should focus on other aspects such as PvP, PvE, Crafting.
YOU should focus on that, instead of stand like a robot in front of those rocks you can go farm, make non mining depending fighting alt (HTH, Melee, Throwing), you can make science alt and science stuff to get resources, etc.

It might be thing about playing in different times zones as well. In SF mine there are usually some materials but not much. I often find myself waiting for "resupply" of minerals.
THATS THE PROBLEM, why would someone want to wait for get resources? try to do something else, dont waste your time.

There are definitely people who have 8 hours to play every day ..... but this balance, because the weapon crafting, more simple, the game, delays, 30 or 40min.
Just listen to "There are rocks lying on the ground, there are many mines, bla bla bla" but all that is unreal.
Everyone knows that there are few rocks to mine.
1.- I play only 1-2 hours at day, im not a crafter, but i farm, so i get all the stuff i need.
2.- Everybody knows that there are many rocks to mine....unvalid argument, all the people are more likely to be wrong
3.- LOL i need 16 ores to make my god damn 20knives, and i dont complain, it takes me roughly 10-20min to gather, and i xp all the way from the mine to my tent
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 04:15:26 pm »

Someone please not this settled, and be a crafter to leave your comment.
Because the forumers, it seems that none are dedicated to mining a rock ever.
There is no sense in putting difficult to get raw material. Taking pve, pvp and crafting hardcore.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.