"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:27:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ability to properly measure loyalty  (Read 1437 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Ability to properly measure loyalty
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:39:20 am »

I think, I'm not the only one, who is tired of paying or feeding a follower, and thinking they get plenty, but suddenly they start running away at say 50/133 HP. (companion)

It's really annoying, how we don't have a more accurate measuring tool other than their dialogue, which is extremely vague to be honest.

Perhaps a points description, where, in the dialogue, you ask a question about how they feel about you, and they'll say loyalty at the end of some dialogue such as:

"I think you cool and all but with everyone trying to murder you...  I don't know."  (Loyalty:  62/100)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Re: Ability to properly measure loyalty
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:33:31 am »

Agreed.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:31:25 pm »

For such stuff IMO it's the best to either display it directly in the character screen somewhere or even have a new button, it's the same for this anticrit stuff or partypoints - IMO having to type commands to display these informations is not the way to go... Could be like this:

Even if it's "just" for convenience sake, it matters and I agree with the OP here.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02:31 pm »

i agree also

if u dont wanna mess around with GUI stuff

just add a dialog option on each companion describing loyalty or something where the reply should be 62/100 LP (loyalty points)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:40 am »

since we have to bust a ball to find a companion their requirements/needs should be crystal clear IMO

loyalty should be able to be seen by the player with all the consequences of low loyalty given forewarning

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:35:10 am »

Perhaps a points description, where, in the dialogue, you ask a question about how they feel about you

This is already in; when you start dialog with follower, initial text depends on loyality - from "I'll admit it, ..."/"Best damn assignment I ever had..." when it's >90 to "You're a coward, ..."/"Faster you die, faster I'm outta here..." when it's <10 (in case of mercs, companions/slaves have them bit different, but same scheme). What's not visible, is that text changes every 10, 20 or 30 points (with possibility to have 1-3 messages for same loyality level).

Not saying that dialog is best place for such info, or that it should be the only one... But maybe few players will remember about that hint until more detailed info about followers will be made. It
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:41:23 am by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.