"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:22:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Small Guns PvE hit-n-runner.  (Read 3855 times)

Small Guns PvE hit-n-runner.
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:00:03 pm »

I'm planning on making him into a mostly solo character who will be only fighting versus critters.
Small Guns profession on level 3 to craft all guns. Turn based combat preferred:

Perks would be Awareness, Educated, Better Criticals, Action Boy x2, Bonus Move x2.

Will 200% Small Guns and 6 PE be enough to kill stuff?
<Izual> Let's crash server
Re: Small Guns PvE hit-n-runner.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 04:07:36 pm »

CH 1, i don't see any reason. Boyce will talk to you with 1 CH, for briefcase you need 4 CH OR 4 IN. So what the reason to take 3 CH? Small frame, with 5 ST 45 weigh, is enough. 6 iron ore = exactly 45 weigh. So +3 points, you can make more IN or PE, for example +2 to PE and +1 to IN.

Edit: oops, no, you need 3 CH at least to speak to Mordino, but you can use mentats ;p
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:15:46 pm by UbiValkin »
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:18:05 pm »

well, i would suggest that he keep the 3 charisma so he can communicate with traders adn maybe if it is going to be a solo npc killer you may want to up your barter skill to about 70 or so, also, 9 agility and small frame ought to be a good idea of aquiring and maybe boost your intelligence to 7 with the extra point you get, and maybe add one lifegiver, that 4 extra hp per level after 12 is a great addition to a survivor, worked for me thus far with my main, even if getting armour may be a great pain in the side for you.

but if you keep to the south areas you may not need more than 80% outdoorsman'

(note to self: sucks that they didn't add the gifted trait, if they did i would have used my ultimate 10 agi, 10 int build)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 04:26:47 pm »

well, i would suggest that he keep the 3 charisma so he can communicate with traders adn maybe if it is going to be a solo npc killer you may want to up your barter skill to about 70 or so, also, 9 agility and small frame ought to be a good idea of aquiring and maybe boost your intelligence to 7 with the extra point you get, and maybe add one lifegiver, that 4 extra hp per level after 12 is a great addition to a survivor, worked for me thus far with my main, even if getting armour may be a great pain in the side for you.

(note to self: sucks that they didn't add the gifted trait, if they did i would have used my ultimate 10 agi, 10 int build)

Do you know that all "normal" traders (with good prices) communicate with you even with 1 CH, and these ones, who has bad prices, I don't want to communicate with them, so CH 3 - point wasting. And also... best caps sources are players, you can sell them almost everything you can craft, and they don't look at your charisma and barter skill.

Also 80% outdoorsman? omg, don't waste points. Or don't raise it at all, or, better, raise it to 100-120.

About armor... make an alt with 10 IN 10 AGI 10 ST and other attributes as you want. Tag Unarmed, Repair, Outdoorsman. Fast Shot, Skilled. Or just complete briefcase quest. 3rd level char with 10 IN easy can have 120% repair to get 2nd level armored prof, so you'll be always in metal armor.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 04:46:50 pm »

CH 1, i don't see any reason. Boyce will talk to you with 1 CH, for briefcase you need 4 CH OR 4 IN. So what the reason to take 3 CH? Small frame, with 5 ST 45 weigh, is enough. 6 iron ore = exactly 45 weigh. So +3 points, you can make more IN or PE, for example +2 to PE and +1 to IN.

Edit: oops, no, you need 3 CH at least to speak to Mordino, but you can use mentats ;p
I would have had 7 PE and 4 ST, but then my carry weight is crap. And I want to solo carry stuff for me to craft. Alloys need 3 ore and 3 minerals, so I dunno. I'd rather not pick small frame.
1 CH is bad. I don't want to be the ugliest mofo around :p

Lifegiver would mean either -30 skill points, or less action points, or no good criticals...
The more outdoorsman I have, the less chance for random people to find me though?

Do you know that all "normal" traders (with good prices) communicate with you even with 1 CH, and these ones, who has bad prices, I don't want to communicate with them, so CH 3 - point wasting. And also... best caps sources are players, you can sell them almost everything you can craft, and they don't look at your charisma and barter skill.

Also 80% outdoorsman? omg, don't waste points. Or don't raise it at all, or, better, raise it to 100-120.

About armor... make an alt with 10 IN 10 AGI 10 ST and other attributes as you want. Tag Unarmed, Repair, Outdoorsman. Fast Shot, Skilled. Or just complete briefcase quest. 3rd level char with 10 IN easy can have 120% repair to get 2nd level armored prof, so you'll be always in metal armor.
I know players are good for caps, but 1 CH prevents you from speaking to almost any NPC giving quests or processions.
Yes. I plan to go for 200% Small Guns and put the remaining 50 or so skillpoints into outdoorsman so it'll be aroun 111%.
No alts. That's even more work..
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 04:50:53 pm »

I would have had 7 PE and 4 ST, but then my carry weight is crap. And I want to solo carry stuff for me to craft. Alloys need 3 ore and 3 minerals, so I dunno. I'd rather not pick small frame.
1 CH is bad. I don't want to be the ugliest mofo around :p
Lifegiver would mean either -30 skill points, or less action points, or no good criticals...
The more outdoorsman I have, the less chance for random people to find me though?
I know players are good for caps, but 1 CH prevents you from speaking to almost any NPC giving quests or processions.
Yes. I plan to go for 200% Small Guns and put the remaining 50 or so skillpoints into outdoorsman so it'll be aroun 111%.
No alts. That's even more work..

I have 5 ST + Small Frame + 1 CH, and i'm a SG3crafter/sniper, and everything is ok. ;p

I mean i can carry enough for alloys and even 6 iron ores for 3 metal parts (when you get first 5, drop 1 at tent, and then again 5+1 so 6). 5 ST with small frame is perfect for carrying iron ore/minerals, if you don't want to do that in metal armor and bazooka or something. You will be overweighted only if you'll wait near mineral/ore source to get double gathering, but 5 ore+sledghammer or 5 minerals+sledgehammer = no overweight with 5 ST+small frame, even with leather jacket in both cases.

Ah, and 4 ST is bad!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:55:17 pm by UbiValkin »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 04:55:34 pm »

all you actually need is a pack animal/person to carry your ore and minerals, and all you gotta do is find a good enough spot to hide the pack when in town so it doesn't get spotted.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 05:22:38 pm »

Any other suggestions? Will Better Criticals be useful, I never used it before. If not, then I can lower my LK. But not to 1. My first char had 1 LK and his guns exploded left and right :/

all you actually need is a pack animal/person to carry your ore and minerals, and all you gotta do is find a good enough spot to hide the pack when in town so it doesn't get spotted.
That's interesting. Are cows reliable to carry around my stuff?
Obviously it won't work with 1 CH.

I have 5 ST + Small Frame + 1 CH, and i'm a SG3crafter/sniper, and everything is ok. ;p
I'll think about it.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 05:49:06 pm »

cows are reliable as long as they are alive

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 07:25:21 pm »

And last I checked they weren't very good at staying alive.
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:30:46 pm »

its either have cow and geather or fight and keep cow at tent...

you wanna burst or aim ? your crit wont look too bright myabe fast shot and burst?

and realy what you wanna hit and run with ? it doesnt realy work for humanoids (guns) and stuff like floaters centaurs often fight against each other so there is no need to tank them .... all the weaker stuff is worthless to hit and run with i would say ... dunno ...
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 07:53:51 pm »

its either have cow and geather or fight and keep cow at tent...
I know, but doesn't the cow stay and fight if I have any kind of encounter?

you wanna burst or aim ? your crit wont look too bright myabe fast shot and burst?
Preferably aim. That's what the Better Criticals is for. Is the average damage with Small Guns better for bursts or headshots?

and realy what you wanna hit and run with ? it doesnt realy work for humanoids (guns) and stuff like floaters centaurs often fight against each other so there is no need to tank them .... all the weaker stuff is worthless to hit and run with i would say ... dunno ...
I've been fighting stuff up to deathclaws with my current char and 13AP is enough to run away from gun-wielding robbers far enough so that they have to come closer and then don't have enough AP to shoot.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 08:13:34 pm »

cow actually fights and thats the problem - it can get killed eaasily ... i would be using cow unless 120 outdoor ... (ofc you can use it if you are near city /tent and just sit and geather ...)

whell lol at close burst at long range with goot crit cahnces - crit ofc :P (i dont guess it realy helps you lol) ...but i guess vs deathclaws burst is better they are hard to get godo crit on or so it looks for me...

YEa deahtclaws - its kite or BG burst in their face ^^...as for robbers - they have crap weaons i think more of those  with assult/hunting rifles... eitherway aitn leveling jsut by crafting good enough for you ?
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 09:14:33 pm »

cow actually fights and thats the problem - it can get killed eaasily ... i would be using cow unless 120 outdoor ... (ofc you can use it if you are near city /tent and just sit and geather ...)
Exactly what I'm afraid of.

YEa deahtclaws - its kite or BG burst in their face ^^...as for robbers - they have crap weaons i think more of those  with assult/hunting rifles... eitherway aitn leveling jsut by crafting good enough for you ?
I wanted to play the game by shooting things in between the god-awfully long timeouts for creating even level2 ammo.
Robbers, raiders, rogues. All look the same and start with an R.

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 02:05:03 am »

Fonline character planner? Where I can get one?
Developers, developers, developers, developers...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.