"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:27:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HOW TO START easily for NEWBIES  (Read 2830 times)

HOW TO START easily for NEWBIES
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:21:12 pm »

Ok you want to get lock and loaded in no time?
Here is how.
I am first level and already got 2 combat shoties, minigun, laser rifle, metal armor and combat helmet.
Of course enough ammunition as well.
If you are burster, need smg, cruise around ncr and search for marauder vs ncr encounter.
If you want to get better stuff, go near broken hills and search for unity vs rogues, or vs broken hill caravan.
Turn on both modes od real time, dont get killed or shot.
Wait after survivors loot corpses and then loot rest of the stuff.
Quite easy, this way you can get armed just in first level and go hunting muties molerats.
Even better advice for smg characters is to get ASAP grease gun, because you can craft 100 45 cal. just for 2 gunpowders, easy and cheap

Good luck
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:23:33 pm by -LEVIATHAN- »
Re: HOW TO START easily for NEWBIES
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:08:55 am »

Good thread !

Crafting a better gun after you learned how to mine, use workbench to craft items.

I would go mine some iron and chop some woods to get a sledge hammer and hatchet.

Stock up on more iron/mineral/wood to make ammo and guns.

Craft shotgun or grease gun to increase you firepower. Then somehow find a way to get your tent.

Make spears sell to NPC for exp and caps. - btw which one gives exp ?

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:16:33 am »

Its one npc for both. 50/60 caps + 10 exp for one spear.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:06:47 am »

Junktown, building to the right of Darkwater's... if nothing else it's guaranteed caps and you can do it with 1 CH afaik...

Mentioned earlier, play in RT and come up with some guns for loot. Then switch to turn-based. Guns have a huge advantage in turnbased, especially at a low level. Kill your 10 brahmin 1 square under hub, build a tent. Gain some levels with the grease gun, then go hunt ghouls between hub and necropolis, get some hunting rifles. Keep stocking up the tent and go from there... getting started is tough but after that it's smooth sailing
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:34:55 pm »

My advice srsly?

Dont start this game unless it ever becomes more solo friendly without excluding gang value and gang play ofc.

If you dont take my advice and start playing the game srsly you WILL get dissapointed many many times and sooner or later if u dont have RL friends like me u will seek for a gang.

Cause without a gang ur nothing u will suffer and get killed and get robed many many times while crafting on adv workbenches or while mining HQ ore on ungaurded mines.

Without a gang u wont ever achieve anything of value in this game and not only that its boring as hell to play alone.

So no gang no game

But even if u find a gang that is willing to recruit you who is going to make sure/u] that once u move all ur stuff into their base they wont kill you and throw you out like it happend to me?

Yeah any gang can just do that and no1 will ever care except you for wasting ur time , this kind of action is allowed freely by dev team instead of banning the scummers they just lock victims thread so things calm down.

You see why u MUST not start this game if you play solo and you are not related with someone that already plays the game for long time?

This isnt a public game for every1 this isnt a gift from gamers by gamers for free like some people say thats totally wrong.
My personal assumption about fonline 2238 is that they drug us here into their game so they have fun with us by killing us and we work for them to gather stuff with the hard way or the another so they have it all at the end thats the only logical explanation i can assume after all the things that happend to me the last 3 days...
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »

OR....and bear with me on this one, You merely misinterpret the purpose and style of gameplay that this brilliant piece of gaming art has to offer. This game is just about as hardcore as you're going to find. Everything goes. No rules except using a cheat/exploit to get an unfair advantage of others. This game is built around the concept that it's defined by the players. Your character in game is just as evil or nice as you decide to make them. No karma meter, no nothing. You can kill every player you ever see, embrace them as friends, meet them with a stony glare as you both reach for your weapons. You can donate your gear, sell it, use it, throw it away, scrap it, use it to kill others/npc's. You can attack any NPC and kill them, nothing is invincible, everything dies.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:45:52 pm »

So much for leaving Zogra, just because you failed and let yourself be taken advantage of due to stupidity/naivete doesn't mean everyone will.  Many, MANY solo players do just fine in the game.  Either leave already or stop just being a troll and wasting your time and others.  (They also lock "victim" threads when said victim takes too much personally and can't watch his language at all.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:50:37 pm by Slaver Snipe »
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 11:54:09 pm »

OR....and bear with me on this one, You merely misinterpret the purpose and style of gameplay that this brilliant piece of gaming art has to offer. This game is just about as hardcore as you're going to find. Everything goes. No rules except using a cheat/exploit to get an unfair advantage of others. This game is built around the concept that it's defined by the players. Your character in game is just as evil or nice as you decide to make them. No karma meter, no nothing. You can kill every player you ever see, embrace them as friends, meet them with a stony glare as you both reach for your weapons. You can donate your gear, sell it, use it, throw it away, scrap it, use it to kill others/npc's. You can attack any NPC and kill them, nothing is invincible, everything dies.

This is chaos u describe here.

If i attack npc i get minus reputation and they start shoot on sight so its not as chaotic as u describe

Or if i start stealing and attacking people in gaurded cities i will get attacked and reduce my reputation

Chaos is not good there needs to be limits and orders on how much other player can mess with other players

Otherwise i call this cheat and exploit i was playing 26 days so all my stuff goes into scum bluesuit pk killers we are supposed to be humans that try to improve things not to leave things in a chaotic stage otherwise all of you turn of ur pc and go live into caves into mountains and live there with bears and wild animals and fight for your survival....

This is a game with wasteland theme not the actual wasteland there hasnt been nuclear war yet no1 is dead no need to be so harsh with people did you ever consider that?
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:57:58 pm »

You keep pointing out excellent points and failing to understand them.  This IS A GAME WITH WASTELAND THEME.  There has been a nuclear war IN THE GAME.  LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE DEAD AND MORE ARE DYING DAILY.  THERE IS A NEED TO BE HARSH THE GAME REVOLVES AROUND IT, did you ever consider that?  You believe this game should be carebear friendly,  Devs/Most players disagree with you.

If you wan't to play a carebear game try this.  http://www.hellokittyonline.com
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 12:14:06 am »

You keep pointing out excellent points and failing to understand them.  This IS A GAME WITH WASTELAND THEME.  There has been a nuclear war IN THE GAME.  LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE DEAD AND MORE ARE DYING DAILY.  THERE IS A NEED TO BE HARSH THE GAME REVOLVES AROUND IT, did you ever consider that?  You believe this game should be carebear friendly,  Devs/Most players disagree with you.

If you wan't to play a carebear game try this.  http://www.hellokittyonline.com

fuck you idiot its you who doesnt understand the facts THIS IS A GAME not the wasteland itself and 26 days i was playing this so my stuff gets stolen now idc i u understand that or no but i am sure that majority of normal people not nerds like you will support me and understand that this game is not for public as i am describing but only for small groups of people that already play this game for long time.

Simple thing i say here the game is not friendly AT ALL with solo players and new players i bet there isnt any new player around i bet after the first 2 hrs of gameplay they delete game i bet that all of you that already play this game play it more than 2 years and u got a gang already and stuff sorted out.

If you dont like what i say here or my bad language then lock this game and dont allow new players to join to get abused by the olders one and GTFO i am out of here for good this time yeah fuck you for wasting 26 days of my life and i will make sure new players learn about this i got big influence at some international websites and i will make sure public knows about this "wasteland'' and how things are dealt here.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 12:19:51 am »

Thanks, having this game mentioned in any way shape and form will be nice advertising  ;D
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 12:24:55 am »

If you are so influential why not try enticing a group of players so that you dont have to play solo.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 12:31:20 am »

If you are so influential why not try enticing a group of players so that you dont have to play solo.

Because the scums doesnt let me they try to recruit me each time i look for faction and i dont know who to trust

i am out of here anyway

This is cheating in my eyes u took f1&f2 and turned it into ur own cheating server having fun against new players btw this wont be much of a good advertising i think

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 01:40:33 am »

Zogra seems like a troll.  All his posts are trying to start flame wars, and I don't think I've seen a positive one yet.  Every post is just knocking the game.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 02:31:43 am »

True TGH but his posts are fun to respond to and have HIM TALK LIKE THIS.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 18 queries.