"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 03:41:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Silent Death bursters  (Read 29247 times)

avv

Re: Silent Death bursters
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2012, 04:36:10 pm »

Which is why I asked about how crit bursters were doing in this version ;)

Proper bg crit burster needs buffout and that isn't available as easily as before.

I did some critburst tries in cbt with 9luck 24% chance spray and pray build but had hard times getting crits done. They sure weren't every 4th burst like the chance should indicate.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 05:16:42 pm »

When you try to fix it just please dont make silent death useless to anyone except bursters.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2012, 06:32:39 pm »

I did some critburst tries in cbt with 9luck 24% chance spray and pray build but had hard times getting crits done. They sure weren't every 4th burst like the chance should indicate.
Remember there are anti-crit mods on armour and perks.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2012, 06:49:55 pm »

Remember there are anti-crit mods on armour and perks.

Should have been removed by the Spray and pray perk. Anyone done any thorough testing whether or not this perk really works?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:17 pm »

I think the problem lies in bypass mechanic. Having 100% armor bypassing results in insane damage that is just too random and hardly any armor helps against that. If bypasses were only f.e. 50% (and maybe raise their occurence), it might help gameplay a lot.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2012, 08:23:59 pm »

Sounds like you have really low luck

Dumping luck will hurt against crit bursters
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2012, 09:40:59 pm »

The character planner must be exploding now, as everyone is reworking their tank builds:)

Seriously though, all those requirements to counter one bluesuit with a gg add up to a hefty pile...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:58:27 pm by toothpix »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:09 pm »

Dumping luck will hurt against crit bursters

I must be really unlucky, with 5 luck and 220 HP I died in only one burst each time a minigun/LSW/M60 crit me. And I can enjoy the 90% of instant deterioration on my weapon each time it happened and my mates managed to get my stuff back.
And the -10 crit mod of CA didn't helped much.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:49:52 pm by Crazy »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Hects Hakal

• The Sarmatians
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2012, 10:53:51 pm »

The perks name is silent death so dont complain when some one whit it will silently kill you ;) its the perks purpose

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »

At least we have found why det went crazy (it didn't actually change on the wipe, which made all the complaints surprising). :)

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2012, 11:01:28 pm »

Please tell me that was a joke...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

Having 100% armor bypassing
There's no 100% armor bypassing even using Silent Death. Stop telling lies.
Maybe I should make some screens with my SD bursts and compare them to some BG bursts(non crits) and put them there.
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2012, 11:10:48 pm »

Why bypasses are related to luck anyway ? I always had this feeling that it's related to ammo type as it makes more sense , but was never sure.

Player attacking me was able to bypass my high tech combat armor with the one of the most cheapest weapons ever , grease gun with some very simple bullets that aren't any armor piercing ones because i wasn't lucky enough.

ehhh ... still it means players with low luck who are some SG bursters / BG etc. won't be able to survive silent death attacks because they will get bypassed all the time and high luck characters will die to normal critical bursts as well only because they lack the raw toughness and beef that 1 luck characters usually have to survive them. It's just i have been critically bursted with SD few times on my sniper , close to impossible to survive them , as well heard that the most toughest tanks fall to bypasses. So .... oh yeah wait till these SD bursters will start to use p90 , then real hell will unleash , these all now are 10mm and grease smg's :)

Stupid feature , needs readjustment.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:19:09 pm by T-888 »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2012, 11:19:43 pm »

At least we have found why det went crazy (it didn't actually change on the wipe, which made all the complaints surprising). :)
Mmmh, not really, even when you don't die it deteriorate way too fast, but when dying from crit burst it's just awful. Anyway a bypass burst will always be too powerful I think. OS on a full HP tank is just nothing fun.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2012, 11:23:42 pm »

It makes no sense for anything else either. You don't use Pe to prevernt bypasses, you don't Endure past bypasses, etc.

It is the counter point to getting lucky for a critical hit, you get lucky (or infact unlucky) that bullets found a weak spot. There needed to be something to test for bypasses, else it's very restricted.

Uncalled relies on luck more than anything else, which means it is generally only a problem with SD bursting (which was not a factor when I was designing the perks or the new table, because SD working with bursts is/was a bug).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.