"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:38:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Silent Death bursters  (Read 31848 times)

Re: Silent Death bursters
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 01:32:22 pm »

Can't see sneaks , motion sensor or 11 PE my ass. That's kinda stupid , i liked how it was before if you had a high perception character you had a good chance of finding them , now a guy runs by my face at 15 hexes and i don't see shit so it means characters with 6-7 PE will be completely blind. Really like this silent death , but on the other hand sneak buff is retarded.

Solar wanted to make sneak useful at lower skillpoints now near maximum is just god and people still almost max sneak is it capped at 300 or not it's still really good to have max , you just don't have to rely on some stealth boys or cover or anything if maxed out.

I told solar this in CBT on IRC , he just made sneak pretty much twice as good as it was before and i'm talking about facing modifiers.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:42:24 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 01:55:21 pm »

T-888 remember that bgs no longer need high luck so they spend their points in PE instead. If doubbleburst bg can spot sneaks easily, that sneak is goner.
I very much liked in last obt how you couldn't defeat bgs easily with sneak but they couldn't see you. You could defeat snipers easier but they could easily see you. That was good balance in my opinion. I think it should be returned somehow. Maybe the top levels of PE should give more sneak detection, you know PE 9 and 10 could give like two times more sneak detection than values under it.

Yeh sneaking is easier with lower skillpoints which is good but what's not good is that you're truly invisible with 300 sneak.

Another thing is risking: sneak 300 is free invisiblity yet motion sensor runs on batteries.
I think sneaks should have their own armor and bluesuit sneaking should be penaltized. It's a damn bluesuit, not a ghillie.

Make a sneak-suit:
Crafted with combat leather + hq electronic parts + stealth boy. Deteriorates over time when worn, repaired with mfc or SEC.

Some suggestions:
Frontal default sneak detection could be raised like 10 hex for everyone. So that no matter your PE, you will always see them from at least 10 hex in front.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »

Make a sneak-suit:
Crafted with combat leather + hq electronic parts + stealth boy.

Like your idea very much, because there is no logic when I cant see running sneaker in plain desert in front of me and this will make sneakers to spend some time or caps to get equipment before sharking.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »

This remembers me pretty much to Bad Company 2, when M60 was nerfed because it was obvious OP from the begin (like SD Bursters) but the G3 had the same statistics with lower magazine (20) and they never did anything against that because "its only useful to kill one player, then you have to reload and youre fucked up" i was god like in that game (2.6 K:D ratio) because i always made pin point shoting at more of 50m and no aim trolling at less of 50m, shit i could even turn against my oponent while getting shoted from the back and kill him.
Same way SD Bursters are OP, and it doesnt mean that they are unkilleable, but they have unfair advantages. Just nerfem now, it is not a testing feature its a genocide.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 05:02:35 pm »

When I make my sniper build, enemy psychotoughness stonewall bonehead 290 hp tanks will have unfair advantages. With my low hp sniper I won't be able to kill any of them (which I could in pre-wipe) and it is a known fact from the beginning. If anything is OP in this era then BG tanks are, but I don't complain and shout nerf nerf nerf like you do. Let's give it a chance maybe someone will develop a technique to defeat them easily even 1 vs. 1 during the time, who knows.
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

Nerf BG!! 2 bursts from 35 hex and X.x.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2012, 06:38:24 pm »

This is not a thread about BG being OP or SG being UP, but about SD. Snipers never were the DPS "class" and on 1v1 scenario, they mostly lose against good BG. On the other hand, they excelled when teamed up.

Telling someone to make 290 hp psycho tank just to counter SD smg sneaker is just plain stupid. We might all end playing these tanks.

@Solar - boosting other weapons wont help SD smg bursters problem at all, actually it would do the opposite.

Also, sneaker can choose his targets to kill, he wont surely pick tanks, rather prey on weak, low hp targets.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:41:52 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2012, 06:46:30 pm »

I'm waiting a couple of weeks to see what happens.

If they really are a problem then there are many options to fix it up.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »

Also, sneaker can choose his targets to kill, he wont surely pick tanks, rather prey on weak, low hp targets.
And that's how it should work. He kills weak targets, like a true assassin, and can't do much against BG tanks(he usually dies, sometimes kills, that's pretty balanced).
You want to nerf Silent Death/sneakers so they won't beat anything?
Now it works kind of like rock-paper-scissors, that's how it should be. Well, actually, BGs with all their anti-crit/toughness features are more powerful than anything else, so there's still no balance.
Please understand, SD bursters have to be useful. If you nerf sneak so people can see sneakers, they will be trash because invisibility is their only weapon. If there's a group of people fighting and the assassin gets visible, it's his end. In bigger fights he can only eliminate targets that are out of their position, rushing into a group of people is suicide.

The only thing to fix in my opinion is removing the possibility to sneak in front of a person you tagged. Now in 1vs1 fights I can burst my victim and go into sneak instantly(almost), because I tagged him. Doesn't always work so well though, when my BG enemy has the reflex to punish me in the little moment im visible, and he punishes hard.

That would force us to either keep running to a corner to hide, or always try to run to point blank, which is almost impossible when the target is moving.

Conclusion: Don't whine to nerf a feature just because you died. Play in team. There's always a counter to something. Experienced players will find it.
If the feature gets nerfed, it'll probably be rendered useless.

avv

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2012, 07:21:43 pm »

Please understand, SD bursters have to be useful. If you nerf sneak so people can see sneakers, they will be trash because invisibility is their only weapon.

Sure but it shouldn't be cheap. For example lsw sneak is a drug-jack and lsw is a gun of high demand.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »

Its not about nerfing it to the ground but making it reasonable. Right now its just stupid 1shot faceroll or die build, nothing else. Maybe sd should be changed like fast shot and affect only single shot attacks (with some nice dmg bonus or something). Ninja crit strike, hide and repeat sounds much more fun then 1shot point blank burst faceroll  8)

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2012, 07:32:11 pm »

Defenders of Silent Death sounds like "i just leveled up this char please dont nerf it i want to killll arghhhh, at least i can kill someone roaaar"  ;D ;D ;D
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2012, 07:38:57 pm »

Defenders of Silent Death sounds like "i just leveled up this char please dont nerf it i want to killll arghhhh, at least i can kill someone roaaar"  ;D ;D ;D
Indeed that's true, wipe was 9 days ago and server is stable for about a week, so we just leveled up our chars. If SD gets nerfed I'll just use a BG tank and pwn everyone around. At least I'll be able to kill someone.
No, wait. BG is boring. Sneaky-map control kind of play is much more fun.

If a thread about nerfing BG/defence perks is made, and I see it coming from some posts, you'll defend BGs, and I'll repeat what you just said.

Right now its just stupid 1shot faceroll or die build, nothing else.
Not compeletly true either. I usually manage to hide and resneak after my burst, unless it's a point blank(needs to be for some cases).
Got some survivability too thanks to 10 endurance.

Sure but it shouldn't be cheap. For example lsw sneak is a drug-jack and lsw is a gun of high demand.
Now we can talk. Leave sneak and SD useful, but make it require some effort. In example, that sneak-suit idea was a good one.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:52:07 pm by Floodnik »
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2012, 07:44:44 pm »

Let's force everyone play 6 6 6 5 6 6 5 builds with speech, gambling and barter tagged:
*solves followers issues
*solves barter issues
*solves BG, SD, and other imbalances -_-

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 07:59:28 pm »

Floodnik you didnt reply to avv's argument. If the price of your gear, that youre using to kill similarly geared players, was the same, there wouldnt be much to whine about.
I agree with your paper-scissors-rock logic, but now it seems paper (sg sneak bursters) are wining against rocks easily, BUT scissors also have a hard time beating paper (BG doesnt have to be 290 HP, toughness psycho etc. tanks, you can have damage dealing big gunner, anticrit big gunner and so on and they will lose against sneakers)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 23 queries.