"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:20:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Silent Death bursters  (Read 31823 times)

Re: Silent Death bursters
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2012, 08:12:27 pm »

I edited my post and answered.
The sneak suit idea avv posted before:
I think sneaks should have their own armor and bluesuit sneaking should be penaltized. It's a damn bluesuit, not a ghillie.

Make a sneak-suit:
Crafted with combat leather + hq electronic parts + stealth boy. Deteriorates over time when worn, repaired with mfc or SEC.
Something like this, adjusted of course for balance.

BG doesnt have to be 290 HP, toughness psycho etc.
Well not a full tank, but noone makes squishy BGs now, all of them are quite tanky.
And for a light-armored target like the sneaker, it's always easier for the BG to win but as I said, sneaker also happens to kill one, and that's how it should work.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2012, 08:14:46 pm »

The sneak suit has been suggested many times - its a good idea, but was put down to "wait for 3d". I guess we could use LJ skin or something ...
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

Not compeletly true either. I usually manage to hide and resneak after my burst, unless it's a point blank(needs to be for some cases).

Yes it is. Every 1shot faceroll scenario is just plain stupid if you take it for granted and your victim cant do nothing about it cause of your invisibility. What about BG 35 hexing you for 500 dmg every burst? Sounds ridiculous enough? Like i said, its just plain stupid. Peace  8)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2012, 08:54:26 pm »

i just wanna know how can you level up so fast to fully test this feat

i just wanna rush to my base and add all my alts in it

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2012, 09:10:33 pm »

I dont like the idea of sneak-suit, because without it, you would render one skill completely useless. You dont need special items for other skills, they just give slight boosts.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2012, 09:26:00 pm »

Yes it is. Every 1shot faceroll scenario is just plain stupid if you take it for granted and your victim cant do nothing about it cause of your invisibility. What about BG 35 hexing you for 500 dmg every burst? Sounds ridiculous enough? Like i said, its just plain stupid. Peace  8)
Do you know that you go out of sneak when you enter combat? Yeah, so the sneaker bursts you(from distance its 150-200dmg), and if you don't die, you have the chance to find him and kill him. Because he won't be able to enter sneak if you see him, when the tag feature gets fixed(will it?)
And note that you need to fucking be turned back to the target for him to crit. So the BG 35hexing for 500dmg isn't a good comparison at all.

I dont like the idea of sneak-suit, because without it, you would render one skill completely useless. You dont need special items for other skills, they just give slight boosts.
You do need special items for other skills.
You need guns that belong to the small guns group, if you want to use the small guns skill.
Same with big guns, energy weapons, melee weapons.

But besides the irony, partially I agree, sneak should be useful without suit as well. It's just a matter of numbers, penalties or bonuses...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:28:21 pm by Floodnik »
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2012, 09:26:46 pm »

Defenders of Silent Death sounds like "i just leveled up this char please dont nerf it i want to killll arghhhh, at least i can kill someone roaaar"  ;D ;D ;D
Haha Manero should I quote your posts from the previous season when you defended unbeatable bg tanks? And every post where you were complaining about snipers killing you easily?  ;D

Another thing is that I've never seen you playing a sneaker, so...   :P

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »

How about a silencer that you have to mount on any smg to use with SD?
A 120 caps half broken GG won't be the weapon of choice for a sneaker if he'd need to put a silencer for 2000/5000/10000(?) caps on it.
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2012, 10:20:27 pm »

pistacja, this is actually a very very very good idea and I support it.  :)
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2012, 10:29:34 pm »

@pistacia. That's got my vote, we already got extended magazines, scopes, and other enhancements so a silencer makes absolute sense in my opinion.

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2012, 11:26:07 pm »

Silencer? Hmm. Silencer makes the weapon silent, so guy who shoots his silenced weapon doesn't notify enemies of his position. That would mean he'd stay in sneak...
That would make them even more OP, and silencer that would make the sneaker visible wouldn't be a silencer, just a magic buff that lets us do bonus damage when we have the Silent Death perk.
Silent Death is about shooting a victim who doesn't see and hear you and doesn't expect to be shot(that's why the shot is lethal), but after getting attacked already knows about the attacker.
Silencers on weapons should work different(based on the real world), they make so that the victim doesn't know where the attacker is after his move.
I think you know what I mean.

I'm for the suit. Silencer maybe, if there were no other better ideas.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2012, 12:29:46 am »

I'm all ten for the sneak suit idea, if anything forces me to get out of those blue pyjamas - Hell Yeah!
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2012, 12:45:06 am »

i have a silent death sneaker with 35% crit chance and finesse.

there is absolutely no way for any character to survive any close range burst crit from SD. i regularly hit for 1000+ and i have -finesse-.

its clearly op and needs to be nerfed. burst needs a maximum damage cap of say 500 and then you can actually survive it with the proper gear.

as it is RIGHT NOW, NOTHING can save you from a 1 hex burst. i've taken out BA+psycho 286 hp guy in 1 burst for 312 dmg. without finesse, the damage would be greater still.

in group pvp though, solar is right when he says that aimed shots from SD are much more powerful than a burst. unless you can GET AWAY AFTER THE BURST... which is 90% of the time.

the facts: burst crits from SD do FAR too much damage. the idea is cool, but the maximum damage needs to be fixed, or at least changed so that a grease gun/10mm smg cannot crit for 500+, only t2-t3+ guns.
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2012, 12:47:08 am »

T-888 remember that bgs no longer need high luck so they spend their points in PE instead. If doubbleburst bg can spot sneaks easily, that sneak is goner.

Please , you don't have to remind me about these kind of things. I'm talking about sneak buffed to the point where even high perception is close to useless if just the sneak doesn't come closer than 20~ hexes he is safe , my opinion that is too powerful. Before wipe i used to stay from enemy at least 30-35 hexes away and even then i didn't feel safe , but at the same moment it was quite easy to sneak around if you just were a little bit patient and not stupid.

More because of these great features , ghost buffed , silent death etc. etc. i see the raw facing modifier buff for sneak unnecessary. It was ...     
    Front: -135%.   
    Front-sides: -95%.
    Back-sides: -55%.
    Back: -15%.             

Now it is.
    Front: -72%.
    Front-sides: -32%.
    Back-sides: -16%.
    Back: 0%.

Motion sensor my ass , why the option to rely only on some item ?
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2012, 12:51:54 am »

the game was horribly about numbers before this change.

now you cannot stand around reno/gas/bh/redding/whatever with 8+guys waiting to pk every person and bluesuit that dares cross ur patth.... because now, we are there, sneaking, with SMG, waiting for you to turn your back. and we are waiting VERY VERY patient. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.