"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:37:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [BANKS] WARNING to all new players!  (Read 11149 times)

Marko69

• SLASH!
Re: [BANKS] WARNING to all new players!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 07:55:34 pm »

Ok imma gonna put mah moneyz and you give it back if it fail k? thx bye!
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 02:52:57 am »

IT BEGINS

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 02:55:36 am »

Whoever did not learn from their mistakes last wipe is a fool and does not contain the cognitive abilities to play this game.

So don't cry, you're just retarded if you made the same mistake again. ;)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 10:23:13 am »

It's most likely a bug. Wait for a fix.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 12:13:07 pm »

Turns out it can happen, its just unlikely as the reserves build up and will resolve itself pretty quickly.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 12:32:23 pm »

what if i whant to let my money in a bank w/o interest?
can i have that option?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 12:36:19 pm »

Yes, a tent :P
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 01:41:46 pm »

Whew...I just pulled all my magnificent 50 caps from the NCR bank...I think you still got time to save your money

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 04:53:51 pm »

Withdraw away, the system will sort itself and you'll lose your interest :)

JovankaB

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 05:50:40 pm »

Withdraw away, the system will sort itself and you'll lose your interest :)

2% from 50 caps, damn. Given enough time he could be a millionaire. :)

All you need to crash is a mass of people withdraw money. If you have interest rate the system won't sort itself out,
because it's a scam - banks claim that they can give you more money than they have. Unless you will cheat in the script
and create money in banks out of thin air. Which probably would be the best idea, because it's simple.

Banks in FOnline don't invest money or earn it in some other way.
I don't really see why we need scam bank feature with interest rate based on nothing but with real bank balance that can go to 0.

I think I prefer safety of my own house over banks with cash problems and thieves waiting for your withdrawal around corner.
It's a matter of preference though.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:59:13 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »

Sadly i agree,  banks cant fund present withdrawals with futer pay ins. in other words

if 1 day players pay in 10000 caps next day its  10250 caps of debt, so banks owe players 10250 caps,  but paid in money is only a 10.000 so system expects people to pay in even more money

its a ponzi scheme
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

unles ofc there are other sources of inflow of cash to the bank

what could be made is a cheque system,  or at least possibility to pay for some stuff with bank transfer,  like for doctors and bases

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »

There are other sources coming into the bank, they aren't a Ponzi scheme.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 09:46:14 pm »

Invest your time.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 10:11:14 pm »

Don't worry; banks are too big to fail.
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 03:29:37 am »

To proponents of the banks having infinite money; that just leads to inflation. FO2238, like other MMOs, already has a source of infinite income for player to exploit: infinite encounter NPC. And just like other MMOs, inflation is the perpetual threat to in-game economies. Everyone wants to be "the hero" player with all the loot/money, and as a result the player-base accrues such vast wealth grinding npcs and quests that the in-game economy becomes a joke. Think about playing F2 just as a single player game. Once you got to around VC you could pretty much make infinite money just by selling random encounter loot to npcs. In 10 minutes you could gather enough H&K CAWS and cash in at VC vendors to buy a GECK (the map to V13 was only 10,000 creds). Now multiply that by a few thousand players and there's little wonder why people start begging for wipes a few months into the game.

wipes are so far the only way proven affective to bring the economy back to something manageable. When money's value per person becomes too diluted, there are very few ways of equitably readjusting its value. There's a reason we aren't still using dollars after the great wipe war, the number of bills and coins (required for a population of hundreds of millions) becomes worthless as a limited commodity when the population drops to mere thousands. Caps on the other hand, were relatively uncommon, since they tend to be discarded, and limited once the ability to manufacture them was nuked away. Perhaps every few months we could change currency (oh I'm sorry, we don't accept "caps" anymore. Haven't you switched to "Hub-bucks" yet? I suppose I could exchange them for you 100:1, but only cuz I'm such a nice guy.)

The fact is, even without banks, and infinite money, people can still gather enough resources to literally carpet their tents with Combat Armor. If anything, we need resource sinks like the banks (or better yet, more resource intensive, xp/perk-payout only quests) to keep credits from losing their value. I would even advocate that banks go without interest AND charge a regular service fee (though in return you ought to be able to access your one account from any FLC, maybe also have the option to rent a safety deposit box...) After all, this is the wasteland; you could be robbed or worse at any moment. Having your money guaranteed safe is something many people today in conflict countries actively pay for.

That said, I'm curious where new account fees go, as well as the assets of banned players. I'm also curious as to whether game-wide caps level has an effect on merchant buy prices. Or if there is any resource transfer between merchants and their town's bankers during restock.

tl;dr: allowing the banks to "print money" to match non-constructive interest debts only dilutes it's worth and accelerates the need for wipes.
Main Menu: Shift -> Credits
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.