"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 12:08:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Molotov cocktail is fire damage?  (Read 5133 times)

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
Re: Molotov cocktail is fire damage?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »

So what are you...? Doing math how many players like a feature how many doesn't, wether there's any response at all or an ovewhelming one? C'mon!

I bet that you will never make you can make this game balanced untili more than half of you devs will be playing this game and feel it's balance by yourselves

Well, I thought it's BETA. That's exactly how it works, devs go with ideas and their sense of balance, and beta-testers test it and say if it's ok or not.
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 10:14:36 pm »

Exactly, we are also not aiming for perfect balance, we are aiming to make a system which players enjoy.

For example, I knew last season's Avenger was the best DPS weapon on the game. I could prove it using numbers and in game tests. It was continually complained about, so I understood that the "feel" of the weapon must not be correct and it got a boost (combined with some limiting factors of my own to stop it getting crazy).

I don't read one comment and rush off and implement whatever they say, I read lots of them and watch fights from sneak (helps being able to see the whole map sometimes ;)), think about if they have a valid point, spot if there are consistent themes running through them all and then come up with something which will address the problem.

At which point the process begins again.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 12:16:02 am »

Exactly, we are also not aiming for perfect balance, we are aiming to make a system which players enjoy.

For example, I knew last season's Avenger was the best DPS weapon on the game. I could prove it using numbers and in game tests. It was continually complained about, so I understood that the "feel" of the weapon must not be correct and it got a boost (combined with some limiting factors of my own to stop it getting crazy).

I don't read one comment and rush off and implement whatever they say, I read lots of them and watch fights from sneak (helps being able to see the whole map sometimes ;)), think about if they have a valid point, spot if there are consistent themes running through them all and then come up with something which will address the problem.

At which point the process begins again.

Exactly!!!

You pointed good example of issue need to be balanced...   How about not so good example - weapon/armor deterioration - what made you think that nerfing it sky high would benefit anyone?

So if i get plenty of buddies to argue on something here you will do accordingly? You can't judge effectively something you cannot experience...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 12:49:35 am »

I didn't actually set det rate. Repair is a good example of lots of things I come up with. I get the general idea and tell a scripter - then they make sense out of my ramblings ;)

I will eventually get round to looking in to it, there's just lots of things ahead of it.

I actually did play a Minigunner at that time - and I still thought it was fine. :P However I knew people who loved being Minigunners and have opinions I don't automatically disregard (!), so I knew if these people were not enjoying playing as these characters then something was wrong, even if I considered it "balanced".

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 09:54:59 am »

Well repair is now player-friendly skill, that you don't need "anothetrepalt123" to repair your stuff, Iam doing it with 100% of skill and its cool

Now I got 2x pyromanic and just dealt 100 damage to some bluesuit. {:>

Can get impv flamer on hinkley?
h

Wallace

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 03:31:42 pm »

Solar... By "you" i didn'y mean only you but "you - devs" And some dev put that deterio rate
(personally i don't like ideas taken from F3 - but that's only my opinion...)

From what you say i see that your gaming experience is pretty limited (only minigunner some time ago... i suspect you play more guys but not very much right?). And as i mentioned it's hard to balance game the makers do not play with...

And finally something related to topic: What for helmets have explosion/fire resistance? Does it soak damage at all (if there would be solar schorcher availible just let's say it doesn't exist for the sake of this question)

Roleplay!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

only minigunner some time ago... i suspect you play more guys but not very much right?

No, I've played many chars thanks, probably best you stop just typing random nonsense that you have no idea about. ;)

Helmets have the stats of their armours for DR/DT.
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 07:19:32 pm »

Its +20 each.

50-85 -> 70-105 -> 90-125 for a normal flamer

If thats the case the perc is not working correctly. I just got Pyromaniac 1... Flamer still shows 50-85... i do a lot of 50-60 / 60-70 damage hits (wich shouldnt even be possible if Flamer is now 70-105) and was not able do do more than 85 damage in a single not critical hit in numerous encounters with varoius types of enemies...

Edit: BG skill is 170 at the moment if that would be of interrest
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:21:51 pm by Aeco »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 07:24:41 pm »

Do these targets have armour/flame resistance?
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »

I tried at all kinds of rats, raiders, ghouls and even had some brahmin bbq... dont know if these dudes have ressistance against fire sorry

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 07:27:05 pm »

Do these targets have armour/flame resistance?
I can say that pyromanic give a lot of damage , I got two of them, and deal 90 dmg to bluesuit, and 60 - 70 to brahmin now(normal flamer, no critic 2x pyromanic)
With Improved flamer and mk2 fuel I shot into CA mk2 guy - it gave 162 dmg and then 150.
I'll test more but I think its too small amount, flamer should be anti tanker weapon, but would be killable buy snipers on open terrain - thats what I think.
h
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 07:31:13 pm »

60 to brahmin when you should deal at least 90 with 2 times perc... how high can a cows ressistance to fire be?!  ;D

Edit: just realized they have 20% resisstance... so it could be that it realy is related to this... will look for some weak bluesuit and have some testing  ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:34:42 pm by Aeco »

Wallace

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »

No, I've played many chars thanks, probably best you stop just typing random nonsense that you have no idea about. ;)

Helmets have the stats of their armours for DR/DT.

Aww... Don't be mean =P  I was just asking (with kinda placing a bet that you didn't play much, anyway question with suggestion in it is rather far from being a random nonsense now is it? ;P)

Since helmets have the stats of armor in explode/flame DT/DR then why do they show the bonus with only helmet on?

Roleplay!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.