"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 02:21:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone ever had this thought...?  (Read 1743 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Has anyone ever had this thought...?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

I find it unlikely.

Though I don't see what you'd gain from it, we don't have that much PvE outside of encounters ... what would you be co-opping?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

I feel like the conversation here has strayed from the purpose of this thread, Solar, can you please look into what I had posted originally? Is there any chance of this happening?

If you want to do this just use the SDK to set up your own server and invite a few friends to co-op with.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 01:05:24 am »

I find it unlikely.

Though I don't see what you'd gain from it, we don't have that much PvE outside of encounters ... what would you be co-opping?

We could afford to make builds that don't crumple like paper when put up against min/maxed PvP builds. The risk of the PvP destruction isn't there, not to mention it would be nice to actually find different types of companions/and bartering. You could make characters solely for things like bartering, crafting, and companion leaders. You could also choose which companions you'd want, rather than just grab every single one you can find xD

Also, I suppose as a side effect of lack of players, you could get resources easier. But, we would actually be concentrating more on PvE, actually hunting large NPC encounters, not just farming them for loot, or avoiding them. Imagine players ACTUALLY facing off against Brotherhood of Steel, or enclave. :P It doesn't happen too often in the current server, it's usually the 1-2 guys looking for some raiders, or the roaming PK'ers, or the guys in hinkley, right now.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 01:07:31 am »

If you want to do this just use the SDK to set up your own server and invite a few friends to co-op with.

If I wanted to do this, I could of. I'm well aware you could find SDK of FOnline, but it doesn't have the same great coding that 2238 has. I'm not asking for the 2238 SDK, just for a way, perhaps, to play it singleplayer on a player saved world?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 01:44:56 am »

Are you really coming across players that often when you aren't trying to find them?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 02:21:20 am »

Before the wipe, I wasn't. But now, I run in to players all the time, it seems. I constantly run into them between hub and junktown, near the mutated molerats, between NCR and junktown, and broken hills and NCR. It got a bit frustrating at some points. Out near gunrunners you see a lot, too. But you don't run into them that often. I've never really been up north this wipe so I wouldn't know what the situation up there is like.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 02:25:49 am »

'The Southern Tribes' server was really fun for PvE including attacking a BOS base, a Raider base and a Ghoul city plus there is probably more these days. There is also an entire town which is dedicated to be players (no NPC's), it just needs more players. For what your describing it sounds pretty perfect though.

Because the player rate is so low, the people you meet there are mostly all friendly and won't distrub any closed PvE you and your friends might be doing. Again, its based on the SDK so it might not be 'up to scratch' but it's still fun and the kind of environment your probably looking for...

I'm not sure what the sever status is like these days but here's a link http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=17920.0

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:20 am »

As it was said in the beginning of the topic, i think the better deal is to have fallout  1 & 2 (mixed or not) with some features from Fonline, like real time, slavery, vehicles, crafting, companions etc...
Because all that territory, that engine, without big quest and storyline, you will lack of  goals.

Fonline is somehow, made for players to interract, meet, trade, compete, fight, or help each others.
Without other players, known and unknown, a lot of feature would lose any sense.

I personnally don't like the percentage of pk (and trollers especially) but i think they're needed too, to fit with the wasteland, and add more value to everything you can save from them.

Problem is there not much feature to make the game easier and interresting for newcomer.
Something should be made to encourage them to stay more than a month.
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 02:35:17 am »

Well, that's also why I said I would like for it to be possible to play with 2-3 other players.

I'm not asking to completely replace the entire FOnline 2238 multiplayer with a singleplayer/co-op version, I would just like this version for when I'm in the mood to just play around with a few buddies and level up and kill some caravans or BoS for fun. I'd never give up on this, though. I agree that player interaction makes up at least half of the content in this game. :P
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.