"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:26:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Changelog 06/01/2012 with Server Wipe.  (Read 53284 times)

Re: Changelog 06/01/2012 with Server Wipe.
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2012, 07:38:04 pm »

so i guess all BoS members and Enclave Members are Heros ?
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »

No point saying 3 times the same thing, especially if it's something that every Fallout player knows.

It doesn't answer my point - PAs/APAs were not common in wasteland and without spoilers you had
almost 0% chance to find it earlier than you should and it was only because you played a hero.

The vault dweller was a regular guy, wasn't even the first "chosen one". Personally i think looting PA would work if wearing it had a chance to trigger an encounter with the faction you stole it from, like enclave verti drops a tactical team to take you out gecko reactor style.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »

And did you see power armors behind every corner in Fallout?
No, they were limited to 2 organizations (which players shouldn't be able to normally join IMHO, but that's different story).

The fact is, that Fonline is not very similar to original Fallouts. Of course, locations, special .. But Modoc in Fallout was peacefull city, in Fonline it is faction battleground.., in Fallout there were only (2 or 3) factions using miniguns, in Fonline everyone use them. So If you want to limit it, be consistent.

Why don't you just add power/advenced power armors to the game? They should be as rare as gauss pistols are - not so rare at all. So much more entertaiment. On battlefields u can see everyone wearing CAs or Metals, thats lame...

Gauss are not so rare.. people who knows can farm them, but i agree that gauss pistol is one example of perfect economy balance of weapons. If you want them, you need to spend a LOT of time to have enought to use regulary gauss build.

PA/APA is not advantage in a combat. From my combat experience, a player in PA or APA is a first dead player. He is target for everyone, and PA and APA animations have more pixels then any other armor siluete => easier to target him. It was same with CA in first session, when CA was not craftable. Lets hunt CA.

But real problem with negative impact on gameplay and population on server, is that there is not any other challenge in the game. No new PVE, no dungeons, no new weapons, no new armors (maybe except CA mkII). Every single item you want you were able to collect until first month, maybe less.

So on one side, adding PA in game could bring back more players who want to get one, on second side, PA in Fonline will be too unfaloutish, as Jovanka B said.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:50:30 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2012, 07:53:44 pm »

pa is perfectly falloutish, just make it enough exclusive and rare or expesive good ,thats all
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04:15 pm »

pa is perfectly falloutish, just make it enough exclusive and rare or expesive good ,thats all

well said
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:06 pm »

Why not making a salvaged PA, in which you can't run, because it's broken? (and repaired with Metal Parts)
A tank character could be able to absorb some more damage.
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »

i think PA wouldnt be OP because u have determination on ur side and when u make them rare nobody wanna fight in a 100/100 PA ^^
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2012, 10:00:05 pm »

Why OP if you are a slow, albeit robust walking target? (with a minigun). You can't run away, you are there to suck up and deal out the damage instead of duckrolling around the battlefield.

And there will be a medic around, able to support your HP, even if not in the same kind and fashion like in TF2.
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:00 pm »

You all don't get my point. Who cares if PAs were in Fallout 1/2, if were lootable or not. I'm talking about FOnline2238 where we got only few armors. Why u look back at Fallout 2? Can't you Jovanka understand that adding more armors, weapons bring us more players and game will be more enjoyable? It's simple as shit construction.

People don't have objectives in this game anymore. Getting caps and buy what? Gauss pistol to your tent decoration , beacause  they are afraid to loss this "rare" weapon.

sorry for broken english

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2012, 10:41:28 pm »

I don't think that "more armors" will be a strategic solution. People will want more of whatever isn't there.

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:15 pm »

that adding more armors, weapons bring us more players and game will be more enjoyable? It's simple as shit construction.

I agree on this one. But it's hard to balance all weapons and armors so that is the main reason why some of the items were removed.
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:22 pm »

major problem isnt the balance i think its more how to get these f****** BPs . and as a loner is way harder than in a group to play this season ... for sure

JovankaB

« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2012, 12:12:45 am »

I don't really see much entertainment value in running around in PA instead of MA.
You are a bit harder to kill, that's all. And if it was rare nobody would run around in it.
You don't see much people with gausses, do you?
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:32 am »

I don't get the logic that endgame weapons are fine but endgame armour isn't. The only argument seems to be that they don't want to ruin the "look" of the wasteland and has nothing to do with gameplay. Not to mention since PA was mass produced to fight the chinese there should be hundreds of thousands of them lying around. @ jov yeah people do die too fast in this game so increased armour would be beneficial.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:19:31 am by Roachor »

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2012, 01:24:07 am »

I don't really see much entertainment value in running around in PA instead of MA.
You are a bit harder to kill, that's all. And if it was rare nobody would run around in it.
You don't see much people with gausses, do you?

Arguments against for small amounts of PA's distributed , concerning how armors currently break down , how well it actually protects are obsolete. Even in fallout lore at some point power armor became basic equipment for certain american soldier squads. Fallout game without the ability to obtain a power armor , say what you want that just doesn't make sense and by the way were all heroes in fonline , maybe not chosen one's but were certainly not playing as normal inhabitants of wasteland.

I don't actually care if you think seeing a PA is not entertaining , tons of people think otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 25 queries.