"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:31:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Changelog 06/01/2012 with Server Wipe.  (Read 53279 times)

Re: Changelog 06/01/2012 with Server Wipe.
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2012, 01:27:38 am »

Arguments against for small amounts of PA's distributed , concerning how armors currently break down , how well it actually protects are obsolete. Even in fallout lore at some point power armor became basic equipment for certain american soldier squads. Fallout game without the ability to obtain a power armor , say what you want that just doesn't make sense and by the way were all heroes in fonline , maybe not chosen one's but were certainly not playing as normal inhabitants of wasteland.

I don't actually care if you think seeing a PA is not entertaining , tons of people think otherwise.

great reply

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2012, 04:56:42 am »

We want pa and ea ca(black)!!!!
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:31 am »

I don't really see much entertainment value in running around in PA instead of MA.
You are a bit harder to kill, that's all. And if it was rare nobody would run around in it.
You don't see much people with gausses, do you?
Despite my apathetic view on pvp and pve in FO2238, I still have few things to say about this.

Main entertaining value of these PA armors will be their rarity, quality and status which they give to owner.

Rarity thing can be quite tricky, because comparing to value of other items in game, and their value is lower than cheap for major player (gang or experienced loner), those items are nothing, thus, it may obviously cause PA's to gather dust in some tents (and this brings problem of safe locations and WM detachment from other events in game), however not everyone share such opinion on items caretaking and would rather use it to have an edge over their opponent than having another useless junk on their base.

I'll drop quality and go to status. As I've mentioned above, these armors due to being rare and so to say, high tech, will obviously give any gang some status, not as big as in other mmo's but still.

And if you (really?) have doubts that players will actually use them, give away more armors (reasonable amounts ofc). Players don't use rare stuff not because they afraid to just loose it, they don't use it because they have either too low chance to gain it back, or think that time required to gain such item is unreasonably high.

I know I shouldn't just talk about major gangs and their pvp, but here where comes problems of loners vs gangs and their place in the world, but this is not the topic for discussing here.
I guess I could think/write more about this issue, but judging by all the attitude of team  towards, basically, majority of player activities/responses, I don't really feel like it. And players don't help either.
\
Thank you for your fuckin' attention.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2012, 08:43:32 am »

We don't have Brotherhood armors in this season and you ask for Power armors? Come on  ;D

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2012, 08:55:53 am »

"More weapons, more armors equals more fun!"

Yeah right. So I guess that having metal armor mk I, normal minigun, normal knife, FN Fal or Needler ingame is so important and brings a lot of fun.

Having more armors&weapons ingame brings almost nothing new unless they are very specific in use and brings something more. And I agree that having PA ingame wouldnt be totaly bad, its realy about how you implement and not about the armor itself.

The only point of adding PA ingame would be with some badass team quest that could be done like once a week, so it would add the fun factor. If it would be unlimited&usefull every other clown would wear it. Take a hint from gauss and what people are willing to do for it.

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:57 am »

PAs alts :D
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »

And if you (really?) have doubts that players will actually use them, give away more armors (reasonable amounts ofc)

That was done last session , like there were distributed 53 PA's all around wasteland(that wasn't madness stage , a good while before). Most of those armors got to some NCR inhabitants , thus tent decorations , but gangs actually brought them into play once in a while. It was nice , as well didn't break any wastelandish feeling or whatever.

I personally don't understand tent decorations , maybe because i can use those armors efficiently.

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2012, 05:23:50 pm »

and exploits ;D

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2012, 05:46:44 pm »

The only point of adding PA ingame would be with some badass team quest that could be done like once a week
Maybe once a week for whole faction(not for every member) and also the faction has to have 10 characters 24 lvl.
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2012, 09:09:13 pm »

Yeah right. So I guess that having metal armor mk I, normal minigun, normal knife, FN Fal or Needler ingame is so important and brings a lot of fun.
That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.
Yes. Yes it does.
I couldn't imagine the game without those items.
There have to be weak armors/weapons in-game to create contrast between the strong armors/weapons.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:11:05 pm by chocolate_chip_cookies »
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2012, 11:25:03 am »

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.
Yes. Yes it does.
I couldn't imagine the game without those items.
There have to be weak armors/weapons in-game to create contrast between the strong armors/weapons.

You are the ONE who understand me ;*
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2012, 03:45:37 pm »

Maybe not the place to issue this debate, but i am not comfortable with the PA/APA/Mkx issues being as rare as the gauss pistol.
I think it should be associated with amorer lvl 2 and blueprint stuff, with some issues.
- Need a lot of stuff to craft it.
- Can't be repaired
- You can't run with it.
- You lose some action points too.

The good side would be
- VERY good resistances, even for the standard model. (and better with advanced and mk2)
- Nice bonus of strenght.

It would allow to creat another kind of character (the big gun tank, that can operate in cooperation the running big gun), dedicated to wear the APA.
The APA wouldn't be overpowered.
Many people wouldn't use it. So there still would be people wearing CA and MA.
It wouldn't be forbidden for small gangs, or kept in tent, as it can be produced again.
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2012, 04:47:33 pm »

One of the thing I like about 2238 is that here not make everything is available especially faction gears. I mean the game is set in the time between Fallout 1 and 2 and some expects to have regular wastelanders armed with gauss rifles and (advanced) power armor.

jacky.

« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »

fuck i want update to fix tc and armors...;/

Express

• Faster
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2012, 02:01:34 pm »

WE want ca mk2 and ba bluprints ;]
FONLINE 2238

Expres - Crafter SG LVL 21
Expfrance - SG LVL 23
Profesional - BG LVL 15
Merkury - Taxi lvl 24
SkillPro - Lockpiker  -24 lvl
Trapers - Traps - 23 lvl

I am looking for a gang.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 30 queries.