"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:29:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Greater punishment for suicide killers in guarded cities  (Read 4539 times)

Greater punishment for suicide killers in guarded cities
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:15:33 am »

Im just really pissed off by groups of thieves whose tactic is like: one of them equips some rather cheap sub-machine gun and kills me with burst fire and after being killed by guards his friend quickly takes my items and later propably shares my stuff with the dead one. I think a good option to limit situations like this is incerasing pushiment for being killed (only if you're an attacker!) in set time (for example if you'll die in less then 6 seconds after suicide-attacking) even by very long respawn, destroying or damaging items from his/her tent. Im reminding that this is bug exploiting, stealing someone elses equipment witchout any problems in guarded city for just 1 sub-machine gun isn't fair  >:(

Im sorry for any mistakes in this post but English isn't my national language  ::)

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Greater punishment for suicide killers in guarded cities
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:24:04 am »

Your frustration is understandable, but please  use the forum search function, there are already lots of topics with the similar premisse. It boils down to: a) guarded towns aren't intended to be 100% save, you still can get jumped if you are not cautious, but which doesn't mean that b) people doing nothing but trolling to do that should have it so easy.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 08:50:56 am »

I think a good option to limit situations like this is incerasing pushiment for being killed (only if you're an attacker!) in set time (for example if you'll die in less then 6 seconds after suicide-attacking) even by very long respawn, destroying or damaging items from his/her tent.
There is already long respawn for suicide bombers.

Besides you can always make SuicideAlt646, SuicideAlt925, SuicideAlt139 and so on, no matter how long respawn timers are set.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:54:54 pm »

Sucuide gankers usually engages only bluesuits. Wearing simple metal armour with like 100+ HP will make any sucuide burst attempt only suicuide. My friends once used Minigun with 5mm AP for sucuide bursting but that didnt last long.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

avv

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 02:19:12 pm »

Guards should confiscate the stuff the victim lost with force and he could afterwards ask them back from local Lost and Found. That'd put end to the "hahaa you lost xxx while I only lost x" mentality.

So basically when someone dies by another player, the guards will shoot anyone who tries to get the stuff before them.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 07:17:04 pm »

Sucuide gankers usually engages only bluesuits. Wearing simple metal armour with like 100+ HP will make any sucuide burst attempt only suicuide. My friends once used Minigun with 5mm AP for sucuide bursting but that didnt last long.

Sorry to disappoint you but if bluesuit gets blasted for like 268 damage (i was blown sky-high for that amount in NCR) then no armor will help you when having 100HP

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:03:25 pm »

Guards should confiscate the stuff the victim lost with force and he could afterwards ask them back from local Lost and Found. That'd put end to the "hahaa you lost xxx while I only lost x" mentality.

So basically when someone dies by another player, the guards will shoot anyone who tries to get the stuff before them.
That's a good idea.  Makes sense too.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 12:01:45 am »

this is not hello kitty online bro. when you lose something its gone unless you pay for it back or take it back.
Roaming the waste again.

avv

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 12:28:53 am »

this is not hello kitty online bro. when you lose something its gone unless you pay for it back or take it back.

Let's turn that other way around: suicide bursters die intentionally yet they are hardly punished. Which one you think is more important: stuff or your life? A game where losing one's life means nothing is closer to Hello Kitty online.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 12:32:11 am »

avv safe you good points for someone who listens constructive criticism sa falloutdude is certainly not among those ;P

It'd be good to regain the stuff after paying "return service" fee dependant on items' worth
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:34:07 am by Wallace »

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 01:14:34 am »

I think if the loss to town reputation is so great on the first try then it would solve the problem. I'm personally not for the idea of outlawing gunfire in safe towns or being able to retrieve your gear if your killed. A good compromise in my view would be to make it so anyone guilty of such serious crime as killing unprovoked in front of the guards would no longer be under their protection.

Right now the situation is a little out of hand, as it has been for quite some time with people being able to instantly re enter a town after committing crimes there. If you want to grief in a guarded location you should should pay the penalty. After your second offense your protective bubble should vanish altogether. I'm not suggesting the guards should instakill anyone but I wouldn't mind being able to do it myself.

I always thought fallout was about survival, take what you need and suffer the consequences, an eye for an eye, but the ability to repeat the same silly actions over and over again has no real benefit to anyone other than childish thrills with no consequence to anyone but the victim.

I know we have a reputation system already. I just think its a bit too forgiving when it comes to things like this. Kinda makes the wasteland only seem harsh for some people.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 01:33:12 am »

avv it just makes no sense you die and get shit back. wtf man, should i get my stuff back if some burster comes into redding when am afking and kills me and his friend takes my shit? no i should not i made mistake afking in town and taking high tier shit in town.
this also goes for ncr , everyone who reads forums and plays game knows ncr is a place when bursters are and where you will die if you bring high tier things.
also most bursters i see are killing trolls and thiefs, should they also get there shit back even thou there assholes?
Roaming the waste again.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 06:22:43 am »

So, falloutdude, you think that these bursters/other-type suiciders bring vivid content to this game? I mean, I have to admit that I like seeing explosions, but why are you comparing Redding, an unguarded town, to NCR?

In a civilized society, if someone gets something taken from them, then the authority should try to give it back to the person that it belongs to, no?

And, I reread avv's post, and I'm pretty sure he said nothing about the suicider getting his stuff back. But I don't think that the "kill everyone who tries to loot" is necessary - it shouldn't be a guarantee that the victim gets his stuff back. I still like that "organized" aspect of it, like a mafia or something, if a person makes a plan with a looter.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

avv

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 10:12:21 am »

no i should not i made mistake afking in town and taking high tier shit in town.

Who said I'm there to afk? Perhaps trading or doing a quest is more likely.

this also goes for ncr , everyone who reads forums and plays game knows ncr is a place when bursters are and where you will die if you bring high tier things.

And this whole suicideburster phenomena makes the game look retarded. There's basically no justification why it should remain.

Quote from: Dishonest Abe
And, I reread avv's post, and I'm pretty sure he said nothing about the suicider getting his stuff back. But I don't think that the "kill everyone who tries to loot" is necessary - it shouldn't be a guarantee that the victim gets his stuff back. I still like that "organized" aspect of it, like a mafia or something, if a person makes a plan with a looter.

It has to be 100% secure or it won't work. If the victim's stuff can be looted he can be burstlooted by 2 players or 1 with proxy and there'd be a reason for normal suicidebursting again.

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 11:17:45 am »

And this whole suicideburster phenomena makes the game look retarded. There's basically no justification why it should remain.

I think it should stay but with more severe punishment than losing reputation that you can easly increase with traders by selling junk items to them... I understand that someone who normally doesn't visit NCR can come there and kill someone once, but the fact that in NCR there are characters that kill others on a regular basis and just live there is a bit strange.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 25 queries.