"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:16:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Followers points  (Read 33840 times)

avv

Re: Followers points
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2011, 05:59:46 pm »

I'm sure we can sort the stats range before / soon after the wipe.

Best option would be to have mercs with constant hp despite the character's stats. This would allow the making of flexible merc leader builds that are actually playable in other areas than just merc leading.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

Yes, I don't see why char stats should influence the mercs
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 08:17:15 pm »

You should be unable to leave them on any map other than a base/tent/house, so while they can still do it, they will at least need to be online to do it. Not sure if thats implemented at the moment, though it may be.

omg solar please..... no1 says now those traps are left offline.... Dont u know ur own game ? every encounter on desert is closed after 10 minutes - so no1 can go inside from worlmap

Every trap is online, but again whats the problem to open "2nd" proxy window in background and jsut make new encounter after each 10 minutes.   Moreover its still not the point if someone needs to be online or offline , still the effect is the same - every player who gets inside is INSTA-dead, it works like cheat. Do smth with that crapp please.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »

I wasn't thinking about pointlessly doing it in the desert, I was thinking about doing it somewhere useful.
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »

Best option would be to have mercs with constant hp despite the character's stats. This would allow the making of flexible merc leader builds that are actually playable in other areas than just merc leading.

that is sutpid, you can make merc leader who can fight pvp but with weak mercs. cant you get 1 simple rule? merc leader will never be good as power pvp build because you have to spend special points on charisma and perks for magnetic and high lvl of inteligence. and sg bruster will never be good as bg bruster. mercs leaders are for mercs, sg brusters are stuff farmes from npc.
off topic, 12 5mm bullets wont do same damage as 30-40buttlest same caliber shooted from heavy long pipe gun. avv i know your point that you have to make few alts to fight and you dont want to do it but someone want and nerfing power build to level ncr crafter is wrong

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:42 pm »

Merc leader will be perfectly balanced the day he cannot simply own 1 on 1 with average mercs (vs average tier equipment using combat build) and his average mercs can be obtained reasonable way. (I guess some sub optimal melee mercs are going to be quite balanced in this case)
Then it's still compromise. Large scale merc leader will need some sort of option to replace dead mercs between combat. You can't just break weapon easily, but if you kill 2 of 4 mercs, the guy is left with ~50% of his previous power.
I guess this could be also possible to fix with high negative health for mercs.

Also reaction to leader death is tricky, they just can't continue autoshotting everyone around. If they just surrendered and be "lootable" they would work close to normal equipment, but it would probably make more sense if they rushed exit grid and seek the leader once he exits respawn map. Perhaps with some options so they don't always die like idiots.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2011, 11:52:30 pm »

I wasn't thinking about pointlessly doing it in the desert, I was thinking about doing it somewhere useful.

omg.... again ur proving u dont know whats happening in ur own game :(
traps on wasteland ARE VERY COMMON, there are some "hot spots" on wastelnd where most of the bluesuits/madmaxwannabies are passing by -> therefore all TB PvP apes are hunting there and in the final effect we have TB battleground between them there - and precisly in those spots those pathetic RT merctrap are set.  Its areas like 1 hex beside Hub / NCR/ gunrunners/ SF  for all TB PvP apes they are known well...

its very common that some tb gangs are hunting each other and suddely some $@#$#  is placing merctrap in that area to instakill those players...   this leads to 1 -> killing them  2 bloking whole pvP 4 those 2 groups in these area (which almost all time means end of pvp tb for today) also what is even more pathetic some loosing teams (cheers hungarian swarm) are setting merc trap immidietly in the same hex on WM when they lost their battle in order to catch those victourious players who are leaving from that won encounter (and often they have loot on their bavk / are out of drugs etc.)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 12:04:54 am »

Yes, I don't see why char stats should influence the mercs
besides, it is obvious the concept behind it.

Your strength, charisma, speech, inspires, and strengthens your followers, the better leader you are, the better your followers can be, through basic training, and pure leadership.

I just wish, that such effects would take place when you enslaved npcs, would make more sense, but of course, they're just slave, not too much boost.

Think of this characters, as stumpy, bald, diabetic, no-energy, blind, but willfull people, who with their example at surviving in waste, inspire others into their best, or something similar :D.
    Makes sense to me anyways... 

And about the "merc autoshoot when drop in town/map/whateva whateva."

Wasn't this already solved, by making mercs unequip weaponry when on worldmap and in guarded towns, and have to re-equip from inventory once back inside location, losing their action point and time caused by animation?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 12:08:22 am »

Rather than needlessly trolling, you'd do better suggesting something of a remedy.

TB combat for a few people will not dictate whole features (something like camping a crafting facility for hours is more of a concern) however if you have a reasonable idea to fix a niche problem without ruining the feature then out with it.

If you can't conduct a conversation reasonably then you will be banned. Not really sure why I need to warn two players in the same thread but there you go.
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2011, 12:08:31 am »

but they dont listen...they just cry and cry
leave bg and mercs alone, they are balanced now and stop cried about that. if arent cbt tester just wait for wipe or read perv posts.
Solar can you tell me EW can have BRD perks? and perk right etween they eyes is little to weak, -1/4 of helmet % modifier is little to low, 1/2 or 2/3 will be much better because it gives you now only 2.5% more critical chance
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:12:38 am by greece crisis »
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2011, 01:53:37 am »

TB combat for a few people

TB PvP is veeeeery popular there are whole gangs dedicated for this and also zilions of loners, groups of 2-3 friends
Its easy over 60 players from my estimations...
to not be just "empty worded" here are some screens from yesterday TB battle

http://imgur.com/a/V0jfl#0

it was smth around 12 vs 12 hungarian swarm vs hawks+me all took like 2h of constant battle
all that at the time when server is nearly dead, in good times wasteland is just fuuuuull of TB PvP players and its just awesome

Rather than needlessly trolling, you'd do better suggesting something of a remedy.

Really You call trolling a guy who is just doing what every beta-tester should do ? I gave You very precise description of issues You weren't aware of isnt it my role here ? pointing whats wrong/what could be better ?

You ask for remedy ok ill try:

as we came to conclusion that You dont want to remove mercs from game here are my limited thoughts what can be improved in this poor circumstances:

1 Disable auto-attack mode on mercs:
- they should react only if them or their faction member/merc leader is attacked
- after their merc leader/faction member is attacking someone
BUT! leave an option "guard this place from any stranger" working only in tents/bases

2 let them have their weapon in inventory unequiped
- when they are supposed to attack someone they need to take that weapon from inventory and equip - this means its time of animation + some AP lost for mercs

those 2 solution combine would probably give a chance to escape from such RT mercs trap:
if player would enter then some player inside has shoot him in order to 'start" mercs at all and even then there is still some delay between the signal to attack and attack itself... so maybe it would be enough to run away or try to fight

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2011, 09:16:38 am »

I was thinking, if slave pens won't be done anytime soon how about a slaver merc that adds 3-4 slave capacity (but costs 20-30 more "points" that a regular merc) and of course would require you are a slaver. Or make it be a slaver companion.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:08:32 pm by Slaver Snipe »

avv

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2011, 10:13:53 am »

that is sutpid, you can make merc leader who can fight pvp but with weak mercs. cant you get 1 simple rule? merc leader will never be good as power pvp build because you have to spend special points on charisma and perks for magnetic and high lvl of inteligence. and sg bruster will never be good as bg bruster. mercs leaders are for mercs, sg brusters are stuff farmes from npc.
off topic, 12 5mm bullets wont do same damage as 30-40buttlest same caliber shooted from heavy long pipe gun. avv i know your point that you have to make few alts to fight and you dont want to do it but someone want and nerfing power build to level ncr crafter is wrong

The idea is to extend the playability of one char without really breaking anything in the game. Same mercs for all despite the build isn't it fair? Only thing that matters is how many mercs you can get per char.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2011, 10:23:16 am »

The idea is to extend the playability of one char without really breaking anything in the game. Same mercs for all despite the build isn't it fair? Only thing that matters is how many mercs you can get per char.

Same HP for everyone, wouldn't it be even more fair???
Why decrease build diversity and remove combat CH builds.

Just remove ability of mercs to act as mobile sentry guns (outside private locations), so people would have to actively command them.

Add more commands that could be used in battle instead: spread out, stay close etc.
And let them hear owner behind walls so they can retreat more easily.

Less automatic behavior, more battle commands so the build would involve more thinking.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:34:01 am by JovankaB »

avv

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:41 am »

Why decrease build diversity and remove combat CH builds.

Actually if stats didn't affect merc hp, it would allow more build diversity because you didn't have to invest so much statpoints in end and luck. When you max end, luck and cha and put rest remaining points to INT to get max speech there isn't much room for diversity.

Just remove ability of mercs to act as mobile sentry guns (outside private locations), so people would have
Less automatic behavior, more battle commands so the build would involve more thinking.

I'm all for this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.