"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 05:16:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Followers points  (Read 33354 times)

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Followers points
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 11:50:30 pm »

As Saumax has spotted, low level chars just loaded with Cha won't be walking round with huge teams.

Seeing how fast many players grind their way up to level 21, this would only be a minor obstacle and won't really work as intended I fear.
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 11:59:15 pm »

So the main difference is: the powerful will be even more powerful.

Casual plyer, who want to simply play for fun, will suck even harder after wipe. Its just sad that u cant get, that caps argument isnt good one. Since when fonline is tycoon?! So f.... what that u have to pay for mercs?! No matter for swarmers, they can hadle it. But it simply removes balance from desert, to elite big gangs.

Is that ok that, one player can make an ambush for 8 players? For now, its not a problem, just bring your second proxy merc leader and start banging everyone. After changes it would still be possible, and considerning first murphy fonline law

even best anit-abuse weird, complicated, solar-approved, game mechanics, gonna be raped hard by pvp apes

That new mercs idea definately isnt best anti-abuse. Its so far beyond balance issue... but honestly, what can i expect? Thats exactly what you are doing since first day of universe: collecting players advices, and trash them in closed suggestions. i can tell u now: the more devs 'mhmmm whatever' attitude, the less players on server.
Yes Lexxx, i know, u dont give a candy, about that, but still, just look at the stats. Server is dying. end.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 12:03:27 am »

Well, look at the effort required to get 3 Mutant Mercs, compared to the ease of just registering and getting 4 before.

270 points required.

100 points for Mag Personality & Good Natured, 100 for 10 Cha and 70 points needed from speech is 210%.

Those are sacrifices that mean that guy is not really going to be a combat monster, but is going to require a decent investment of time.

Not sure if we will get the xp equation in before wiping, but it'll come eventually and make levelling less about finding sweet encounters to level on and (hopefully) more about getting rewarded in accordance with how tough the critters you take on are.

Then, they won't be able to magic the mercs away either, so the trick costs a lot of money when it goes wrong.

I do hope mercs have a use, my guess would be maxing out and using them like they were in the past would be pointless. Better to spread them out between lots of players. Still looking forward to seeing a melee swarm though :D
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 12:09:45 am »

So the main difference is: the powerful will be even more powerful.

Casual plyer, who want to simply play for fun, will suck even harder after wipe. Its just sad that u cant get, that caps argument isnt good one. Since when fonline is tycoon?! So f.... what that u have to pay for mercs?! No matter for swarmers, they can hadle it. But it simply removes balance from desert, to elite big gangs.

Is that ok that, one player can make an ambush for 8 players? For now, its not a problem, just bring your second proxy merc leader and start banging everyone. After changes it would still be possible, and considerning first murphy fonline law

even best anit-abuse weird, complicated, solar-approved, game mechanics, gonna be raped hard by pvp apes

That new mercs idea definately isnt best anti-abuse. Its so far beyond balance issue... but honestly, what can i expect? Thats exactly what you are doing since first day of universe: collecting players advices, and trash them in closed suggestions. i can tell u now: the more devs 'mhmmm whatever' attitude, the less players on server.
Yes Lexxx, i know, u dont give a candy, about that, but still, just look at the stats. Server is dying. end.

First, if this were a thread for feedback then trolling it would be counter productive.
Second, actually try it before moaning.
Third, saying someone can cheat a feature is more a problem with not enforcing cheating.

*Interaction with players, de-motivation kicking in*

Ah yes, I remember why I stopped bothering to read here now.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 12:12:22 am »

Still looking forward to seeing a melee swarm though :D
I can do that ;)

By the way, are there any general specific stats you can give for each follower type as well?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 01:41:16 am »

I don't understand why people are complaining.
It's going to take quite awhile to level up a merc leader who can actually lead a large amount of mercs since speech wont help in combat=Better than this wipe
Mercs won't be able to leave the area if their combat timer is on which makes arty strikes more of a risk=Better than this wipe
Mercs requiring pay=Better than this wipe
Mutant/BG arty strike will have fewer in it=Better than this wipe
Most TCers seem to believe merc swarm/artillery strike is retarded=That should work itself out with those massing them being swarmed by other factions or just not finding anyone to fight because people don't want to fight against it.

So, is anything going backwards at all? What would make any of these changes worse than the current session?  I don't see anything here except moving forward with a better merc/slave system.
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 01:56:17 am »

still no1 reffered to cheat-like insta-death real time merc traps on desert.
u enter and ur dead faster that any real person could even react. its just gridcamping with mercs u cand do anything against well organised trap like that ur just dead.
its ruining turnbase PvP on wasteland... and also is designed to instakill harmless madmaxwannabies roaming around wasteland...

solar u didnt answer again about  - what is the purpose of mercs ? u wrote:
I do hope mercs have a use
what use ? explain me? whats the point ? u need to understand that PvP players dont want PvE factor in PvP its just ruining the game...

and again about that merc leaders gona be weak -> "sacryifices", mercs gona be expensive, etc this is absolutely not an argument, u need to understand that players always gona use every advantage no matter the costs
there is absolutely NO problem with having 24lvl totally worthless in-combat char but carrying mercs on his back, big gangs are always full of money.... its just how this game works...
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 03:00:49 am »

I'm glad mercs aren't going anywhere.. I think they make wasteland allot more diverse with more character options, and fun!

I think this is a really good merc system I can't wait to try out a new slaver build!
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 06:14:53 am »

Now all we need is slave pens so there can be a decent stock of slaves to sell without making alts  ;D
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 06:21:36 am »

Will the + 2 ch from mentants give +20 points while in effect?

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 07:15:34 am »

Uh, hello, this is a MMO game. No-lifers >>> casuals, as always.
And big, well organized and powerful gangs are powerful and organized, because they are powerful and organized. It sounds like "Yo dawg!" meme's quote, but it's true - loner, solo, Mad Max Wannabe always will be gang-banged by apes swarm.

Nerf apes.
Or delete all weapons and PvP features, some newbie could actually be killed by them. Oh - PK PK abuse cheaters ZOMFG!!111

I wouldn't bother Lexx with "dying server" argument, unless you want to make him laugh a lot.

Still looking forward to seeing a melee swarm though :D
One of my mates, Avoral, used to wander around with 5 Supersledge bitches. I don't have any fancy screenshots, but amount of hides he was giving me from his hunting, well, I counted in hundreds.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 07:23:58 am »

This is the reason they were stupid before. It also takes a lot more effort to get someone capable of having multiple powerful mercs. As Saumax has spotted, low level chars just loaded with Cha won't be walking round with huge teams.

So someone will just grind and grind moar. Rascal nailed every point possible , y no listen. :)

100 points for Mag Personality & Good Natured, 100 for 10 Cha and 70 points needed from speech is 210%.

Hmmm , 210% speech ? Depending on what level magnetic personality is available , if early then level 9 or 10 and low level merc leader char is ready.

Those are sacrifices that mean that guy is not really going to be a combat monster, but is going to require a decent investment of time.

The most important is to make a character able to deploy merceneries , players are using it as an airstrike via dual-logs. That's the real problem , no matter how hard it will be to grind up a 1 str , 1 end merc leader character there are players like me who will just fuck it hard. Weapon handling first perk , then use psycho , buffout and it is possible to use flamer with sufficient amount of carry weight to carry flamer fuel and everything else needed to grind up , oh yeah and at least 4 agility to shoot once from flamer.

Now little kids from various factions will read this and use this , but anyway i hope you understand what needs to be done , if not well community can tell you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:03:26 am by T-888 »
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 11:00:03 am »

I dont bother your answer Solar. U proved many times, that you cant accept different point of view... especially when your one sucks.
Oh and i tried this CBT feature... good luck:] Its evolving to singe player game, good work!

I don't understand why people are complaining.
Yep.
It's going to take quite awhile to level up a merc leader who can actually lead a large amount of mercs since speech wont help in combat=Better than this wipe
Nope. Its even worse, because well organised apes, gonna do that anyway. Regular player, need to grind harder.
Mercs won't be able to leave the area if their combat timer is on which makes arty strikes more of a risk=Better than this wipe
And what about that? Grid campers, just stick to the grid, no need to leave area.
Mercs requiring pay=Better than this wipe
Another problem for regular players. Caps argument makes me laugh:) Expensive mercs means, they gonna camp, because lossing them, would be loss of xxxxx caps.
Mutant/BG arty strike will have fewer in it=Better than this wipe
Yep, thats the only one thing which seems to be better... however, muties seems much more powerful this session.
Most TCers seem to believe merc swarm/artillery strike is retarded=That should work itself out with those massing them being swarmed by other factions or just not finding anyone to fight because people don't want to fight against it.

So, is anything going backwards at all? What would make any of these changes worse than the current session?  I don't see anything here except moving forward with a better merc/slave system.

Its not better. Its more organised and, needs more work to maintain. Thats a problem only for weak already.

I was wondering, if would be ever possible to travel 1 char (a good build) and feel comftable. for now, u can easily get into a trap of 1 guy, with shitload of npcs there and die in seconds. Yeah, you can cheat too, and travel 2 chars, but as Rascal said: there is special (im deeply believe that Solar is now proud of himself) trap when u die, before u spawn. With new system, this will still be possible.

If you need bg support, just move your ass and find some friend, make ambushes together! But no, u just need caps...

avv

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 12:41:55 pm »

First, if this were a thread for feedback then trolling it would be counter productive.
Second, actually try it before moaning.
Third, saying someone can cheat a feature is more a problem with not enforcing cheating.

*Interaction with players, de-motivation kicking in*

Ah yes, I remember why I stopped bothering to read here now.

Admittedly his feedback wasn't the most gentlemannish, but he has points.

Chrupek comes from a gang that did use mercs and did saw what they did to the gameplay.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 12:50:37 pm »

still no1 reffered to cheat-like insta-death real time merc traps on desert.

You should be unable to leave them on any map other than a base/tent/house, so while they can still do it, they will at least need to be online to do it. Not sure if thats implemented at the moment, though it may be.

mercs gona be expensive, etc this is absolutely not an argument, u need to understand that players always gona use every advantage no matter the costs

The more something costs, the fewer times you are going to be able to afford losing things over and over again.

If it cost $10,000 to suicide with 4 mutants off a level 1 char, then you reduce the problem if it costs $100,000 each time, there is a max of 3 of them and it requires a level 10+ char to do it.

I could easily make caps so rare that you would be unable to afford mercs, so the argument that big gangs will always be able to afford them isn't true.

So someone will just grind and grind moar. Rascal nailed every point possible , y no listen.

I have no problem with them being able to jump onto the map and use Mutants.

I had a problem with
1) Being able to do that with new chars
2) Being able to jump away, so there was almost no risk
3) The max potential group being too powerful (for Mutants)

Those things are fixed.

If someone really wants to grind away for hours to be able to afford to jump in with 3 mutants, which are actually risked because they can't jump away, then fine.

Given that none of you has played the system, or tried how the economy will work, then I don't think its really the time to change anything. Try it, feedback, then valid concerns will be amended.

if early then level 9 or 10 and low level merc leader char is ready.

Sure, but level 9 or 10 is a bigger investment than level 1. If they are banned which is more annoying to lose? :)

The most important is to make a character able to deploy merceneries , players are using it as an airstrike via dual-logs

Outside of the dual log being the real problem. I think we should be putting in a delay for the mercs reaction time, so they don't work like an airstrike so much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.