"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:52:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: pathfinder-crafter Build  (Read 2959 times)

pathfinder-crafter Build
« on: December 22, 2011, 04:46:09 am »

hello guys, i've been playing the game for a while but only now i got registred.

My question for a new build is: Can a sniper-doctor-pathfinder build be effective? I was trying some builds in the character planner and i got this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/buildmd.png/

im a oldschool player and like some role play, so thats the reason of such 'complex' build. So, im asking for your opinions  ;D already thank

ps: sorry the bad english
... in this you can trust

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
Re: pathfinder-crafter Build
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:22:08 am »

luck 6... I think your sniper is for pve, pvp sniper have usually luck 10, and perc 9  (cigs)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 08:32:37 am »

i see... i'm aware of such specific builds, but as i said i'm looking for something more complex and 10 in any stat made impossible achieve this goal hehehe. BUT, as i look at the combat session of the character planner i got the 95% of hit chance at 50 hex what seems excellent (even with only 6 of PE), the problem was the only 61% of critical against the overpowered 85% with the 3 more criticals (that i only have 1 so i could take the pathfinder perks heh). Anyway, thanks for the tips, I think that this build its good enough for a crafter sniper wannabe hehehe

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 08:36:30 am »

Pathfinder has almost no effect anymore, don't take it, unless you are making uber-taxi-proxy alt with 300% Outdoorsman. On "regular" char it's nearby to "pointless".

What do you want to craft with that char, except drugs? Why 60% Repair?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 08:59:54 am »

hey wichura, thanks for the tips... You said that pathfinder has no effect D: I thought that it would be useful for my forever alone survivalist hehe. I put 60% just to spend in something that could be a first lvl of SG crafting.

The ideia of this char was a very fast travel crafter (with some skills at sniper) so if the pathfinder is useless theres anothe way to get a fast travel character? If not I'm thinking in the more criticals...

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 11:31:49 am »

Yeah, buy a car. Even the most crappy one, scout, is much faster than pr0-uber taxi char with 2x Pathfinder.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 03:05:31 pm »

nice  ;) well i took a look at the wiki and the buggy seems pretty nice (speed and fuel consumption) my only worry is how to find a good amount of energy cells (seems that they're pretty hard to get in fonline heh). Anyway, I'll take the more criticals instead of the 2 pathfinders, maybe this way i'll be a more capable pvp sniper. Any suggestions for a better perk choice?

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 03:28:37 pm »

my only worry is how to find a good amount of energy cells (seems that they're pretty hard to get in fonline heh)
To make SEC (Small Energy Cells) create an alt, call him like SECmaker823, tag Energy Wepons, Science and something. You need at least 30% EW and 40% Science to make SEC, but you should be able to do so on first level of SECmaker823.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »

hey, thanks for the tips again, i was looking at the wiki again and i could take the 60% at science and 30% in energy weapons. Look at this new build

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/ssssfx.png/

i took 1 point of strenght (im worried if 2 of streght sucks too bad  :-X) and put in perception, so i could get the sharpshooter and be a more capable pvp sniper

another thing is the repair skill need to mantain weapons and the car. Is it really needed (at high percentage)?

the idea is a lone survivalist without any support alt, but that build seems impossible to achieve  D:

edit: sorry, the current perks are

lifegiver
weapon handling
more criticals (2)
better criticals
awareness
sharpshooter
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:34:45 pm by Stigmata »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 07:37:36 am »

another thing is the repair skill need to mantain weapons and the car. Is it really needed (at high percentage)?
About 120-150% Repair should be enough (with Tool in active hand), however I've repaired with 180% and never failed.

Yes, this means yet another alt to be created, CarMechanic654. You can try to combine SEC-maker with this repair man, by tagging EW, Science and Repair, then train such alt on some quests and SEC making until you reach needed % of Repair.

Welcome to 2238.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 04:05:52 pm »

About 120-150% Repair should be enough (with Tool in active hand), however I've repaired with 180% and never failed.

Welcome to 2238.
I hope you're talking about repairing cars because I've failed with 280 repair with Tool in active hand on multiple occasions.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 04:38:10 pm »

well, you convinced me... At least I have 2 pc's at home heh. Well, I've already created my new alt. The final build is

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/defbuil.png/

it will be a pseudo sniper doctor (with some pathfinding). The only thing that left me upset was the only 2 strenght. To offset this i'm thinking in the pack rat perk (not sure yet)

I'll try to create the crafter~mechanic alt too, but this will be another build... ehehhe

thanks again, now is time to play  ;D

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »

To make SEC (Small Energy Cells) create an alt, call him like SECmaker823, tag Energy Wepons, Science and something. You need at least 30% EW and 40% Science to make SEC, but you should be able to do so on first level of SECmaker823.

Excuse me, but ALT for this? Are you kidding? This is MMORPG, there are people here except you, who can make sell you this. If everyone thinks this way, there is no reason to play multiplayer game.
I suggest: Make friends, trade with them, you can offer them something, they can give you something...thats whats multiplayer world is about.
I know I might be naive but in my opinion, you are ruining multiplayer world with having ALT for everything.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 02:27:19 pm »

Excuse me, but ALT for this? Are you kidding? This is MMORPG, there are people here except you, who can make sell you this. If everyone thinks this way, there is no reason to play multiplayer game.
I suggest: Make friends, trade with them, you can offer them something, they can give you something...thats whats multiplayer world is about.
I know I might be naive but in my opinion, you are ruining multiplayer world with having ALT for everything.
Alt is the fastest, the most comfortable way, not looking for some generous SEC vendor. I only adapted to existing rules, multiplayer or not. Deal with it.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 02:47:20 pm »

Alt is the fastest, the most comfortable way, not looking for some generous SEC vendor. I only adapted to existing rules, multiplayer or not. Deal with it.

I know it is the fastest, but is it really what is MMORPG about?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.