"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:23:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ability to buy Robots  (Read 2654 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Ability to buy Robots
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 02:39:19 pm »

Oh come on, not this thread again!
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »

>> implies >> independent, punk robots traversing the desert and killing on sight is not weird at all

>>Implying that you forgot the green colour.

Robutts patrolling around ancient pre-War installations is not weird at all. They won't travel too far away from their recharge station.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 01:52:21 am »

How about making it a Profession? I have a very rough layout

Robotics Expert [1]

70% Science
 90% Repair
6 Intelligence
4 Charisma
1500 caps

Instructors

Navarro - Dr. Schreber or Jefferson
Brotherhood of Steel –Jenna

Robot [1] craftable items

Floating Eye
Auto-cannon

Robotics Expert [2]

100% Science
120% Repair
8 Intelligence
7 Charisma
3500 caps

Instructors[/b

Brotherhood of Steel –Jenna.

Robot [2] craftable items.

Mister Handy
Robobrain
Gun turret

Robotics Expert [3]

130% Science
150% Repair
10 Intelligence
9 Charisma
4500 caps

Instructors

Brotherhood of Steel –Jenna.

Robot [3] craftable items.

Sentry Bot
Robot Dog

The added need for Charisma would be because some of the craftable robots will count as companions. They would require alot of electonic parts, small energy cells, micro fusion cells and alot of other material.

Like slaves and mercs you need to provide them with ammo and weapons, but for the sentry that has built in weapons, but still needs ammo.

Auto-cannon and Gun Turret can only be crafted at a faction base. You make it and place it in your base, they count as a companion but they don't travel with you.

Robobrain would need a slave or merc (for the brain) and biogel
Robot Dog would need a Dog and biogel.

Since a Sentry Bot is very powerful, it takes up alot of your companion slots. So you can't have 4 Sentry Bots 5 if you have magnetic personality.
They could also take up many slots in vehicles so they can't travel in buggies.. Or make them so they can't travel in any vehicle.

All robots would need to be repaired with tools. No stimpaks (no brainer) but for robot dogs.

Can also add Pulse grenades to Energy or Explosives.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:31:01 am by Styles »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 02:13:13 am »

Instructors
Brotherhood of Steel –Jenna
Yup.. Jenna knows best about robots and how they acting.. not really. All she knows is about armors. Not walking armors.
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 02:24:05 am »

Yup.. Jenna knows best about robots and how they acting.. not really. All she knows is about armors. Not walking armors.

Power Armour is already a very complicated machine by itself. Who is to say she doesn't know about Robots as well?

Like I said it is a rough idea.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 02:43:31 am »

>>Implying that you forgot the green colour.

Robutts patrolling around ancient pre-War installations is not weird at all. They won't travel too far away from their recharge station.

Of course all world is covered by nukes, people returned to tribal stage and yet recharge stations survived so robots can frolic around the waste? At whose command? Theres no one giving orders. Besides theres no power plant, and its like 80+ years after the war broke out.

To OP: why would I need charisma to make a robot? (owning one is another case). Could u pass over the robots? What would be the damage dealt by them? (10 int, 9 charisma doesnt allow any good char)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 02:52:03 am »

To OP: why would I need charisma to make a robot? (owning one is another case). Could u pass over the robots? What would be the damage dealt by them? (10 int, 9 charisma doesnt allow any good char)

Charisma would be needed because you are making a companion. If you had an unlimited amount of robots with you. You would be unstoppable.

Yes you would be able to hand them over to other players but they would need the required charisma as well. If they don't have enough repair skills it will sooner or later fall apart.

"10 int, 9 charisma doesnt allow any good characters" I disagree. Having 4 to 5 robot dogs or a Sentry http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Sentry_bot_(Fallout_2) with you. I think that would make a great character.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 10:08:41 pm »

How about a robot in the old bunker base(sorta like the tribal in the trapper camp)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 03:10:15 pm »

I think he meant turrets.

Well, over there on TLA they had maintainable base defenses, what was quite interesting.

I agree, but also there was a chance to attack enemy faction base..
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 08:00:23 pm »

I like the idea of crafting robots, would give more use to science than just destroying things. I think they should craftable but require parts found in the wastes like the motor for the K9  units and limited to robobrains and robot dogs. Maybe make a science based quest perk that gives you the ability to harvest brains from dead human npcs and implant them in robobrains gaining their combat skill levels. Have science/int work similarly to how speech does without the cha based follower limit since robots don't care what you look like.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 05:37:12 pm »

Of course all world is covered by nukes, people returned to tribal stage and yet recharge stations survived so robots can frolic around the waste? At whose command? Theres no one giving orders. Besides theres no power plant, and its like 80+ years after the war broke out.

SAD, Toxic Caves and even Glow had robots. All of them have recharge stations and power isn't a problem in the world of Fallout.
Commands are given by people dead few centuries ago and are unchanged since then - kill everything on sight.
Fusion reactors powers abandoned military installations.
And, like, 80 years isn't a problem for rusty robot in Wasteland, since they're probably made from some handwavium space alloys.

So, robots are quite wastelandish. They're just not a common sight in Wastes, since they're programmed to stick to their base of operations, to guard them. Near Glow, SAD or Ares Silo, it would just make sense that the territories around these objects are guarded by robotic patrols.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.