"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:03:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: bg balance  (Read 23882 times)

Re: bg balance
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 08:56:52 am »

Btw...you can aim with sg so you can deal instant kill with mauser pistol and sometimes you can deal more damage than avanger so why nerf bg-s to make them only stationary weapon? bg allways was support gun with huge fire power. if you think assault should deal same damage as mini...well this is just sick 12-30 same bullets can deal same damage??? well tell me what hurt predator ? assault/huge indian knife/explisiv arrow/hoppa?...no it was minigun ;]

>>and t888 kiddo...you have 19y old so stop calling others kids because you are kid to me

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 02:09:07 pm »

Only skimmed the posts, so these may have been covered.

I had in my mind that M60 would be walk only and the damage increased - to test the concept of a stronger weapon and no walk.

I still think the ultimate way to balance BG vs bursting smalls is to have some setup time. Say it takes 3 or 4 seconds standing still before a big gun can fire and no time for an assualt rifle. Then you can pop round a corner and burst with ARs but not with heavy machine guns ... but BG would ultimately be the better dps.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 02:31:42 pm »

but give us back lsw. make m60 stacionary heavy mashine gun with better damage and range 35-40 but make mini/av/rl/lsw runable ;]
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 02:37:35 pm »

bg are nerfted allready, no one will use "walking" guns. it is death wish. snipers will eat all bgs with walking gun, shoot run back shoot run back shoot...allmost like killing s mutants. so what they have better damage if you cant reach anyone.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 03:27:55 pm »

Only skimmed the posts, so these may have been covered.

I had in my mind that M60 would be walk only and the damage increased - to test the concept of a stronger weapon and no walk.

I still think the ultimate way to balance BG vs bursting smalls is to have some setup time. Say it takes 3 or 4 seconds standing still before a big gun can fire and no time for an assualt rifle. Then you can pop round a corner and burst with ARs but not with heavy machine guns ... but BG would ultimately be the better dps.
Well for that, inability to run while in primary slot is good, increase maybe a bit the changing weapon animation time for the concerned weapons, and that's it.
Though, I am not quite sure it is a good idea. It make defending, camping rooms with big guns the easiest and most effective thing. At equal number or even slighty higher, that would mean you would have no way to prevent someone from camping succesfully with BG, because they will have either more DPS than you, or will shoot 3 seconds before you. And that would end up in campfest with the first one bored enough to loose starting the attack and getting killed.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

avv

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2011, 03:32:01 pm »

It's not a bad idea, but needs to be implemented properly. For example like this:

- when walking, no deployment time
- when standing still, no deployment time
- when running, you do get it

So you only get it after running and firing. The length could be as long as the common equip animation.
That would really be the something that sg burst needs to stand out from bg.

bg are nerfted allready, no one will use "walking" guns. it is death wish. snipers will eat all bgs with walking gun, shoot run back shoot run back shoot...allmost like killing s mutants. so what they have better damage if you cant reach anyone.

You don't have to walk all the time. You can run, "equip", fire. And the world isn't a place where snipers and bgs duel each other eternally.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2011, 08:03:20 pm »

Say it takes 3 or 4 seconds standing still before a big gun can fire and no time for an assualt rifle. Then you can pop round a corner and burst with ARs but not with heavy machine guns ... but BG would ultimately be the better dps.

Hold on mister, you want actually implement a cooldown for BG shooting? Kind of pre-cooldown, to be precise?

I thought there is nothing to be nerfed in BG. I was mistaken.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

avv

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2011, 08:12:35 pm »

Gtfo with your memefaces

You know what that cooldown is based on? That bg is heavy. Take a 20kg iron bar and wave it around. Then take a pen and do the same. Which one do you manage to point at things faster? That's what the deployment time is about: that sg is easier to raise and point than heavy bg. The str req just wasn't good enough way to represent that because str is so easy to bypass.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2011, 08:18:17 pm »

You know, its Fonline. Not Operation Flashpoint 3.

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.

avv

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2011, 08:25:15 pm »

It's just a coincidence that the deployment time can be reasoned with realism. The actual reason is that sg needs to be more agile than bg. Bg having deployment time after running does just that. So we end up in a situation where sg is more agile and bg does more damage so what's the problem?

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 08:29:47 pm »

So we end up in a situation where sg is more agile and bg does more damage so what's the problem?
I really want to see it some day.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »

You can see it in the cbt.
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2011, 09:20:18 pm »

Processed and accepted , need wipe for testing. :)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2011, 10:30:03 pm »

You can see it in the cbt.
I know, but CBT is not "regular" game, and here we can read "oh so strong bg nerf eet" ideas, which made me sad.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2011, 12:06:01 am »

Its nothing to do with nerfing bg, it would be about creating a distinct role for small gun bursting weapons.

Nor will this be done for the wipe, m60 non running is as far as the experiment will go for now (and the m60 needs a boost still)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.