"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 01:30:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: bg balance  (Read 23985 times)

Re: bg balance
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:29 am »

Damn...1rst non runable weapon...it is first step to req serv. Aby you are crying about sg. Bg will never be equal to bg...sg is for snipers and tb. Bg is for making damage breaking the line. Surf maby boost p90 and xl7e and leave bg alone. And boost gatling...Please add perk sap or -2to armor. Gatling is most ex weapon and totaly usless. Can you change it? Make it for ew brysters :) and think about bozar - heavy sniper

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2011, 09:29:21 am »

Gatling should already be boosted to a powerful level on the cbt.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:19 am »

but against ba/tesla it is usles, i know i am talking same thing but if ew wont be able to get brof, can you add armor piercing perk to gatling because all armors have good resistance against laser. boosting gatling to dangerous weapon will make big come back of tesla armors ;].
10mfc/brust range 30-35 and hit with +++brd angainst ba 70-90 against ma mk2 90-110...or something like that and we have another good weapon and new build ew BRD ;] or ew BRD crits ;] that will make good balance with sg/bg/ew. everyone will be happy because bg have avenger/bazooka ew - plasma/gatling sg - gauss/sniper/boosted xl7e/p90 no one will cry...avanger is to powerfull cry cry cry. because eweryone will have 1-2good guns from their clas splash/aimed
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:39:01 am by greece crisis »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 10:31:19 pm »

Energy will be able to get brof, if Tesla is actually useful then good.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 04:07:21 pm »

Why people crying that Avenger too powerfull.

1st of all it need 40 5mm ammo for ONE burst.

Secondly It's too strong only if you get burst from 1hex. If 2 burst from range are not enough for death - it will newer been imbalanced weapon (like gauss etc.)

Thirdly snipers will have like 90 AC points so sniper with gauss will be strong enough.

avv

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 05:50:59 pm »

Why people crying that Avenger too powerfull.

Because they haven't tested it. I admit to have spoken stuff without proper knowledge here. After testing it, it's still pretty strong. Lookit here:
3x brd avenger vs plainBA (tested few weeks ago, don't ask if server is up)
121 105 72 118 115 118 107 119
Pretty solid hundred damage per ranged shot. So doubleburst against snipers will be 200 dmg.

1st of all it need 40 5mm ammo for ONE burst.

And gauss needs gauss ammo, still they are around.

Thirdly snipers will have like 90 AC points so sniper with gauss will be strong enough.

Even with 90 AC you're easy to hit with 225 BG. AC isn't going to be an issue, but the fact that avenger doubbleburst is actually quite fragile. He can dish out some good damage but he can't be a tank or very crit-resistant.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »

Because they haven't tested it.
Yes, right but all will cry without any reason...

3x brd avenger vs plainBA (tested few weeks ago, don't ask if server is up)
121 105 72 118 115 118 107 119
Pretty solid hundred damage per ranged shot. So doubleburst against snipers will be 200 dmg.

That is not much damage for 3brd-build... and that's without Toughness ?
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 06:15:03 pm »

Only skimmed the posts, so these may have been covered.

I had in my mind that M60 would be walk only and the damage increased - to test the concept of a stronger weapon and no walk.

I still think the ultimate way to balance BG vs bursting smalls is to have some setup time. Say it takes 3 or 4 seconds standing still before a big gun can fire and no time for an assualt rifle. Then you can pop round a corner and burst with ARs but not with heavy machine guns ... but BG would ultimately be the better dps.
This seems like a really fair reasonable way to balance the two a little bit. 

avv

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 06:30:30 pm »

That is not much damage for 3brd-build... and that's without Toughness ?

No toughness. VS tank build avenger does like this:
3xbrd avunger vs tank: psycho 2x toughness BA
69 64 65 73 69 71 46 37

It's still most raw damage of all. Unless gatling laser does better, haven't tried yet.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 06:50:55 pm »

No toughness. VS tank build avenger does like this:
3xbrd avunger vs tank: psycho 2x toughness BA
69 64 65 73 69 71 46 37

Madness  :)

I think need to add windicator-minigun in game but make it like gauss (less ammo nubmer and not-craftable gun )
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:31:28 pm by pti4ka »
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2012, 07:22:10 pm »

ye it would be nice

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2012, 08:00:12 pm »

... bg should do alot of damage.... why? ITS BIG GUNSS , MANY BULLETS COME OUT. tiny sniper should die if the bger gets in range.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2012, 08:07:20 pm »

nah i want to kill and loot pvp ape with bg lvl3 with my ncr troll crafter...nerf bg to smg!!! or make them cool downs for shooting...at least -18ap so sg crafter can finally kill bg ;]
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »

BG should do much more damage than SMG yes, but SMG should be faster and more agile.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2012, 05:19:54 pm »

speaking as a long time player bg's have always been overpowered and generally have always been on top in terms of gameplay, if anything it looks like its going to get worse for awhile and then maybe better. i think its more to the equivalent of nuclear bomb vs. paper. being killed in 1 shot by campers, pkr's and random douchebags is what was expected but not wanted. everyone can talk about how theyll be rare and yadda yadda, it wont stop the experience pk and tc gangs from farming the damn things and having a bunker full of them by the end of week 1. rarity is a moot point in this game when there is still rampant abuse.
plasma nade your face off!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 18 queries.