"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sell gold nuggets for fixed amount of caps  (Read 1212 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Sell gold nuggets for fixed amount of caps
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:40:18 pm »

In redding I think you should be able to sell golden nuggets to one of the two major mining companies.  Say, 50-100 caps each gold nugget. Course, you would have to be able to mine them first, which I'm not sure you can.

Also, you could make the two companies into joinable factions, (Like slavers... maybe) and every hour or hours whatever you want to set it up, there could be kind of like a contest for 5-10 minutes.  Whichever faction gets the most nuggets at the end gets a boost, the company gains more NPCs, traders, miners, guards specifically to PROTECT IT'S FACTION'S MINERS, and not to KILL EVERYTHING DEM MINERS DON'T LIKE LIKE TTTLA SCUMS!!!111 :P.

course, there could be other boosts instead, but quite frankly i see people just powerlevelling on a single company to get best benefit at end.

But as you can see, this also creates a competition ground at all times in the mine, the one with most nuggets gets more caps, the one with most nuggets during contest hour, their company gets best benefits, and so on.

Problems: 

I see miners attacking each other topside and causing wars between the two companies and their npc guards :D.

I have no idea what their traders should have in inventory, besides obvious, like dynamite, sledgehammers, leather jackets, caps.  Course they're not supposed to have uber weapons and stuff like that but that's the problem, what's the best, senseable incentive?

Should guards, traders, etc npcs on companies, gained by contesting, be killable/lootable/respawn after deaths?

As you can see there's alot of problems, but I think it'd be a very fun little feature.
Also, you should be able to hire "professional miners" as followers from either mining company, and they will have 80 Carryweight, 150 melee, 100 throwing, something like that.  but with their long carryweight, and all npc mining slow movement to mine, they would be able to mine for quite a while, under the assumption carryweight is why they eventually stop mining.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

Re: Sell gold nuggets for fixed amount of caps
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:36:11 pm »

More than 100 caps the nuggets weight a ton.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 03:38:54 pm »

If there would be nothing more than first paragraph in your suggestion i would consider it good suggestion. But everything else you wrote is just a mess and highly abusable ridiculous confusion. This game definitely needs more caps sources than shitshovel and highly unpredictable, abused and insufficient trader caps spawn.(selling useless trash to NPCs is IMHO not a good way for MMO economy)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »

i like it but highly abuzeable.
Roaming the waste again.

avv

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 05:11:02 pm »

i like it but highly abuzeable.

Nothing that happens in unsafe area can't be abused perfectly. Total economic abuze is something you do somewhere 100% safe without any distractions.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:11:09 am »

If there would be nothing more than first paragraph in your suggestion i would consider it good suggestion. But everything else you wrote is just a mess and highly abusable ridiculous confusion. This game definitely needs more caps sources than shitshovel and highly unpredictable, abused and insufficient trader caps spawn.(selling useless trash to NPCs is IMHO not a good way for MMO economy)
Well yeah true, I mostly tacked all that crap in there to make it at least a little bit interesting, I mean, how boring is "hurr durr I selling gold nurgets for caps all day every day".
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 11:51:35 pm »

the same as OskaRus

Instead of what you wrote maybe do something like this:

1) you join one of the mining companies. I think you should get karma for working for one and minus for working for the other mining crew. You can switch but thats not the point.

2) Needs some maths. Cuz if one team has 10 players and other 1. The 10 players get a boost...

3) Standing and right clicking contest? Whats the fun?
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 01:19:15 am »

You really only asked questions but mkay :P.

the same as OskaRus

Instead of what you wrote maybe do something like this:

1) you join one of the mining companies. I think you should get karma for working for one and minus for working for the other mining crew. You can switch but thats not the point.
What would be the point of this karma boost?  As I said I think you should be able to hire special npc for mining, (without charisma factor, and they cannot leave the town) and in addition, killing these npcs, will result in a -300 karma reduction, with redding citizens, and the mining company the npc belonged to.  Afterall, these people rely pretty much solely on mining to live, sure kill some ass hole down the street but start dripping the lifeblood of the town and they'll get pissed.

(Ultimately, with militia, you will become ostracized from that area, due to guards jumping with the hostile npcs).
2) Needs some maths. Cuz if one team has 10 players and other 1. The 10 players get a boost...
  Competition, turns out the 10 players had the most resources. ;D  (It can also be considered a nonviolent solution to conflict between some gangs or just groups? :P
3) Standing and right clicking contest? Whats the fun?
Well, I have a few ideas.

1.  During each contest, the underground will become scarce with gold, and only some veins contain it, the one with the most Slaves, players, workers, will have the advantage obviously.

2.  Mining gold will not cost action points, so when one finds a vein, the one who can mine the fastest, and carry enough during each haul, will be more efficient.

3.  With new gathering cooldown mechanics, perhaps it will help.

4.  btw it's left-clicking, much more exciting!

5.  No rules underground, free zone, pvp aloft, chaos, fun.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 11:18:48 am »

At first I wanted to say that, since they are dead easy to dupe, allowing players to easily sell gold nuggets in unlimited quantities would devastate the economy, but then I remembered that the economy has been ruined already (chiefly by thieves stealing caps from NPC's), and hence decided not to reply at all.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 12:47:07 pm »

would devastate the economy

No economy can be untill safe and free market. ;-) (via History and other MMOs)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 23 queries.