"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:33:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sharing with Own Alts  (Read 1144 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Sharing with Own Alts
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:04:51 am »

If we could register a master user name (like forum name or a main character name) via email, and associate character names with that main name, then tent locations could be shared between all of your own alts automatically without having to get someone's help for 2 hours of switching or however people are doing it now.

Also: by using email this way, the game rules could be sent to each player which would force us to read them (or click that we did). Then there would be a more fair foundation on which to enforce bans. As it is now, nobody is even prompted to read any rules and thus some bans are big ugly surprises to people with less MMO experience. 
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
Re: Sharing with Own Alts
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:54:25 pm »

There have been some suggestion about having more chars attached to your "account". All of them pretty much dissmissed.

There have also been some other sugestions regarding tent sharing. Currently the only safe way of sharing items between alts is to buy private base using triplelog and drag your chars there using duallog. Which is highly inconvenient but should be changed by some of future releases which changes base management.
Having posibility to add chars to tents after their creation would be also great. (faction parking and reequip tents without zillions of tentalts)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:39:37 am »

Well almost. You don't need to triplelog to buy a base. Just bring two people who are already members somewhere. Their presence does allow you to get a base to yourself. They do get a message stating they see the new base, but they don't actually see it - the message is in error. I just did this 2 nights ago. Otherwise you bring two friends who know in advance you'll be killing them there to remove their access, and you each agree to do the same for each other.

Getting all your chars there though...ugh...very time consuming. Only way i can think is to change your leader's password to something temporary, give it to a friend and get his help [for the next couple hours] leading your other chars there. I'm hoping that's allowed but someone correct me if not.

But my main point here is really about the rules and bans. I have heard that GMs aggressively ban players for violating rules, but they are not providing the rules in any obligatory manner*. That is not right, guys. Let's remove all speed limit signs and see how many speeding tickets get thrown out of court.

*An obligatory manner would be to email the rules to a player each time they register a new character. Such emails would require users to click "I Agree to the Rules" before that new character is active.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 01:25:59 pm »

This would result in the WM clustered with little green circles for every player (wasteland's mah home brah, lemme get a rocketlauncher from tent#731) if you don't reduce the ammount of tent for such "master user name" to 1.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 03:03:38 pm »

Alts are meant to be deleted from this game not getting supported even more than they are now. Useless suggestion.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 03:29:44 pm »

Andr3aZ and Harold, i do not understand either of your responses. Why do you think that A) lots of green circles would appear? or B) that alts are meant to be deleted. None of my alts are meant to be deleted, nor do i see lots of green circles.

So my suggestions here are only...

1) tie character names to a master account, and
2) force rules verification to make bans fair
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 04:06:51 pm »

B) that alts are meant to be deleted.

Now players make alts for every single task , crafter alts for each profession , pvp alts , tent alts , taxi alts , base leader alts , lock picker alts , thief alts , barter alts , bomber alts , sneaker/scout alts , gauss alts , merc leader alts , slaver alts , even looter alts witch are characters with insane carry weight. Shit i wouldn't be surprised if i encounter an APA gauss alt when fighting some team.

Alts are meant to be deleted , as distinguish the need for them , it's ridiculous now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:08:54 pm by T-888 »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:16 pm »

Shit i wouldn't be surprised if i encounter an APA gauss alt when fighting some team.

I admit I have one  ;D
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 05:41:39 pm »

Oh i see. So it means many of us wish there was no need for so many (if any) alternate characters just to specialize in one thing. If that's what is meant then i agree. Raise the level cap to 99? It would take a crazy amount of time to get a guy up to 99 but at least along the way we could do more than one thing.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 05:52:25 pm »

Yeah,overpowered lvl 99 guys with 700* hp owning everything,suffocatting newbies,seems legit.Older alts need to have an edge,yes i agree,but that is too much.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 06:43:34 pm »

Problem with alts is caused by need of highly specialized character to do anything in this game.
Since main point of the game is Combat, PvP & Town Control that dictates that you have to play a 1CH high HP PvP junkie in order to win, but sine your specialization is PvP - you suck at other things (crafting, bartering, pickpocketing, outdoorsing etc.) so that forces you to create a support alt for those activities (to get good gear for your PvP ape).

If, for example, crafter build could have decent chances vs pure PvP build and had other applications than sit on base and craft BA for the team, then this would reduce amount of alting.

Current rule of the game is "Wanna do X good? Get >250% of X skill!"... and usually you don't have enough of skill points to do more than 1 thing good...

This should be changed to something like:
"Wanna win? Get:
1 Combat skills that you can do good.
2-3 Non-Combat skills that you can do good.
1-2 Non-Combat skills that you can do good enough."

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 12:01:27 pm »

Alts are meant to be deleted from this game not getting supported even more than they are now. Useless suggestion.
As long as there's that ridiculously low level cap out there, there will be alts, and a lot of them. Let's just accept that simple fact already.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 28 queries.