"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 09:25:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Ghost Farm useful like never before  (Read 25308 times)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
Re: Ghost Farm useful like never before
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2011, 05:28:27 pm »

Yes we will use Ghost Farm to take enemy towns and we will rule the wasteland, and noone from the other side of game could join before we will invite them MUAHAHAHA.
I think, that devs can easly do "forbid this faction to take town", so it's not problem.

« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2011, 07:21:54 pm »

I think, that devs can easly do "forbid this faction to take town", so it's not problem.

But you can treecontrol it and "just" occupy it. What is, from a pure noob-faction, highly unprobably, especially if the faction is checked ocassionally by GMs. (not controlled, like NCR army)

My 2 cents. Otherwise, the idea is cool, Wichura.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2011, 08:07:29 pm »

But you can treecontrol it and "just" occupy it.
It does not matter really, because everyone can occupy town without controlling them, does not matter who they are.
Like if you get your Vault City buds go and shoot everything and everyone in say Redding, there is nothing wrong going on.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2011, 11:13:37 pm »

It does not matter really, because everyone can occupy town without controlling them, does not matter who they are.
Like if you get your Vault City buds go and shoot everything and everyone in say Redding, there is nothing wrong going on.
And who is doing that? TTTLA? Rogues? CS? Hawks? Someone else? I've never seen such situation... And such situation can't happen. I don't have any words to describe you... Did you EVER played longer in Town Control?
I don't think so, because yes, "everyone can occupy town without controlling them", but only for some seconds/minutes, 2 sneakers and again militia is full, don't you get it?

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2011, 01:41:28 am »

It can happen and does not matter when it happens. Besides there are also towns without militia, but that's not the point. Point is, there is no need to control NPC factions or restrict them from participating in PvP. Though the reputation loss shouldn't happen, but that's not really what is this topic about.

Anyway, with this attitude, this has zero chance to happen, and it's really a good thing. If even just the only one most stubborn grumpy malicious guy had problem with it, why would he have to deal with it? Because there is a faction that is entitled to have something special without competing for it? And really why should it be like that?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2011, 06:24:40 am »

Oh my gosh... I won't discuss with you longer, talking like with a tree. -.-

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2011, 06:28:08 am »

I don't think that the Ghostfarm would be a particulary good object to insert this suggestion into, seeing what is (was?) planned for this location.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2011, 07:32:51 am »

Anyway, with this attitude, this has zero chance to happen, and it's really a good thing. If even just the only one most stubborn grumpy malicious guy had problem with it, why would he have to deal with it? Because there is a faction that is entitled to have something special without competing for it? And really why should it be like that?
There is no faction that is entitled to have something special, but I see you don't understand what you are reading.

There was never such thing on 2238 before (well, maybe Cathedral stuff back in the days, yet almost no one remembers it now), I see nothing against that idea so far. Your babytrolling ("no coz I no want!!11") is not the reason for sure.

I don't think that the Ghostfarm would be a particulary good object to insert this suggestion into, seeing what is (was?) planned for this location.
I have no idea what is planned there, except "something" is. Any leaks?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2011, 11:51:21 am »

>>I have no idea what is planned there, except "something" is. Any leaks?

That's pretty interesting to hear. (Forgive my wakaba-style quoting, i received a warning for quoting (commenting and referring) too much.)
Wasteland is a tricky business.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »

To make people more sympathetic to our plans about the Ghost Farm, I'm publishing few screens from first try of... seattle in this place with (un)official logo. Two rifles represents the brutal nature of the post-nuclear reality, where fight is the most popular lifestyle. The brahmin skull represents the most usual rookie trade offer "WTB 10 Brahmin Hides". ;) I hope you like it.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:26:07 pm by headshot »
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2011, 01:44:32 pm »

These pics look good a little side note on the logo the gray contour is missing from the other pictures also I miss the rotated text from the other pictures. The logo is surely a fitting one I like how you made it.
Though as Surf said they have something planed for that location already however this idea was surely one that was planned out well and clear beside the thing that it belongs to the group of suggestion I consider good.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2011, 10:21:54 am »

I havent read all of the answers to this topic as I havent noticed this very interesting idea before and I am to lazy to read 8 pages :) but...
In my opinion, if you want such a project, it cant be done without GM supervision to avoid trolls and abusers. I think many MMORPGs have many GMs online at all time to avoid rule abusing and thats what this game needs. There should definetly be more GMs, but of course, ACTIVE GMs, while some of them would have responsibility for such a project. I have no idea how access rights in FOnline are done, but maybe this needs some remake so Devs could set some "special" rights (for some location, not allowed to spawn items, etc) for these trusted people so there can be more projects like this one.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:36 am »

But anyway, is this idea still alive? I would like to contribute, as I tried it once in Ghost Farm and met some new players, who I could help with the game a little. And, really, Ghost Farm is great place for this.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2011, 07:53:13 pm »

But anyway, is this idea still alive?
No response from devteam makes me think it's not gonna happen, unfortunately. We need to adapt and stick to known and existing in-game mechanics, to provide such "kindergarten".
Nie biegaj za stadem.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2011, 02:47:55 pm »

OK, I knew this would not happen at least until wipe. But, what I had on mind was, if we could gather enough trustworthy people to do something like TC in Ghost Farm. And we can collect newbies from VC and teach them what it means to be a Wastelander on Ghost Farm. Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.