"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:40:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds  (Read 19875 times)

Re: Mutilator's guide to HTH builds
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 07:30:06 pm »

what is melee damage? ( the bonus)
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 07:33:08 pm »

what is melee damage? ( the bonus)

It's melee damage... the bonus... of additional max. melee damage you can do
For example you have "Melee Damage" 3.
Spear has damage 3-10. But you dealing 3-13 damage.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2010, 03:15:52 am »

Update on Crit builds, my attempt ended in failure as apparently without better crits you just don't cripple often enough to be effective and end up just doing way less damage than the speed build with no real advantages.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 10:12:59 am »

your builds sucks, you are telling to take heavy handed, and then to raise look at least for toughness, it doesnt make sence to make your criticals bad, and then to increase chance in bad criticals. If you gonna create hth character you gonna do it in 2 ways. One is in heavy handed way/fast shot way, in this case you will be the damage dealer, when you will take 3x bonus hth, and living anatomy even your punch will do 13-29 damage and it will cost only 2 ap to cast, and you will have edge in turn based combat, or you can try to be ultimate knockouter, then you can raise luck, toughness and better criticals, but then you do not take neither fast shot or heavy handed.
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 02:05:59 pm »

your builds sucks, you are telling to take heavy handed, and then to raise look at least for toughness, it doesnt make sence to make your criticals bad, and then to increase chance in bad criticals. If you gonna create hth character you gonna do it in 2 ways. One is in heavy handed way/fast shot way, in this case you will be the damage dealer, when you will take 3x bonus hth, and living anatomy even your punch will do 13-29 damage and it will cost only 2 ap to cast, and you will have edge in turn based combat, or you can try to be ultimate knockouter, then you can raise luck, toughness and better criticals, but then you do not take neither fast shot or heavy handed.

"Your build sucks" yeah ok vederas like you know fuck all about this. The -30% on the crit table doesn't do much if you're not doing targeted shots because you'll never cripple anyone with fast shot ever. Luck 6 is only to take toughnesss which you need to survive playing unarmed, I've made characters without it and they are useless because they die too fast. 3 x bonus hth damage is a waste because 2 perks to increase damage by 4 which will mostly just get absorbed is a lot less damage than an extra attack will be. As for the crit build being shit I already said that yesterday.

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 01:41:43 am »

A question

What are the chances that an unarmed build can beat a big guns build?

At the end a good build to be a damage dealer?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 03:08:28 am »

A question

What are the chances that an unarmed build can beat a big guns build?

At the end a good build to be a damage dealer?

chances are normal in specific situations, but it must be real time, and you have to wait for your target in house or somewhere were you could easy get close to your target, and then go piercing punch him to death, since it gives like 40-50% to your crit chance (dunno exactly), since you aim to head you get another 40%, 10% luck, and lets say 2x more criticals, 1x better criticals and you get 100% critical hit so in this way its possible to hit him to death.

But if you want to be a damage dealer my advice would be to take stats like this:
9 1 10 1 8 10 1

Traits: fast shot, heavy handed
Perks: 3x bonus hth damage, gain strenght, living anathomy, 2x action boy, with this build your each unarmed punch will do 13-29 damage, you can perform 6 hits in one turn, so thus you will do at least 78 damage per turn.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 09:09:09 pm »

^
2 IN is more than enough.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 09:33:03 pm »

In my experience making a hth build without toughness x2 means you'll die a lot and it's frustrating to play.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 09:43:26 pm »

^
2 IN is more than enough.

if you dont want profession, yes of course its enough then.
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 10:34:25 am »

nvm  :P
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:32:26 pm by Widok »
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2010, 01:51:28 am »

With the fast shot build, just replace it with faster hth since fast shot no longer applies to hth combat.

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 08:55:45 am »

Roachor so from your experience is better the damage dealer build than the crits one?
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 04:27:23 pm »

Roachor so from your experience is better the damage dealer build than the crits one?

I can't say 100% because they changed the crit system, but for pve I'd say it's still a better bet to go with damage.

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 08:33:51 am »

well...
I wanted to ask couple things:

how are crit table changes related to fineese/crit builds? can you now onehit kill other players?

and second, is it confirmed that bonus hth attacks perk works as written in wiki?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.