"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:30:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New item - painkillers  (Read 3120 times)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: New item - painkillers
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 01:00:39 am »

According to this idea, these painkillers are pretty similar to how psycho has worked last era and before. Except that these painkillers are way more weak according to psycho. It was possible to make a blind-psycho-suicider, which was one of the most proficient builds. It was a good time, when PvP was mostly dependant on the player's skill, not its build, plus the swarm wasn't the decisive factor. I liked it back then, and thus I like this idea.
I wouldnt say player´s skill was more decisive back then, it was just easier to survive because of insane drug effects. Everyone could pwn in those days.

Anyway I like this suggestion, both versions.
Also you gave me an idea about a drug, that would regenerate certain HP over X seconds. Like 10 hp every 5 seconds for 100 seconds. That would help new players fighting lesser creatures that do little damage, but they are numerous and the fight might last for a longer time.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 01:17:09 am »

I wouldnt say player´s skill was more decisive back then, it was just easier to survive because of insane drug effects. Everyone could pwn in those days.

Anyway I like this suggestion, both versions.
Also you gave me an idea about a drug, that would regenerate certain HP over X seconds. Like 10 hp every 5 seconds for 100 seconds. That would help new players fighting lesser creatures that do little damage, but they are numerous and the fight might last for a longer time.

Fair idea but that effect seem somewhat too powerful for new players (or at least availability of such drug to new players)

So i'd suggest 5 HP every 5 seconds for one minute (or 5 HP/round lasting for 12 turns)
Plus slight chance for short period of addiction

PS. Nice to know that my idea is interesting ;) Thanks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:21:26 am by Wallace »

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 03:15:36 pm »

Also you gave me an idea about a drug, that would regenerate certain HP over X seconds. Like 10 hp every 5 seconds for 100 seconds.
I think Healing Powder had to work in that way in Fallout 2, but at the end, maybe for engine limitations, they became a sort of "cheap" stimpack.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »

Put in a pain system, perhaps fatigue, sleep, etc.

Then counter-drugs (with side effects) would be another layer of strategy/tactic.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 03:53:42 pm »

Put in a pain system, perhaps fatigue, sleep, etc.
It is already being said numerous times that this game wont become The Sims: FOnline.
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 04:52:52 pm »

I've been thinking about some way to increase chances for survival for new players and came upon this idea: Easily crafted painkillers (made from broc or xander) Which would work somewhat similar to Super stims but in another way

If you would take a painkiller it would temporarely heal you for 15 (or 20) HP (as well as capping your max HP 15 - 20 higher than normal). After a while it would subside (just as super stim's withdrawal effect) That would be nice for a newbies as those increased HP would add to their survival chances. For high level players 15 or 20 HP is not much of a difference.

Another way of implementing those would be by a doctor profession. In that case advanced painkillers combined with sedatives and stabilizers resulting in the above bonus plus:

I like the idea too. Could be like the bags of healing powder (requirs like 40% FA). It will be a great help for low level, because when u are newb have soo little hp.
Tumbs up! +1

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 05:04:02 pm »

New drugs always welcome :)
Just like painkillers do, they decrease pain that you feel so ingame it is +DR and maybe something else like +hp

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 07:25:52 pm »

Also you gave me an idea about a drug, that would regenerate certain HP over X seconds.

I'd love to have all drugs work that way. So the drugs (especially super stipaks) won't be so powerful and become more realistic. This may give a life to the whole new era for the drugs (by implementing the product quality feature, which depends on the crafter's skills, which may regulate how soon the effect comes).

It is already being said numerous times that this game wont become The Sims: FOnline.

You're right, but there's something that should be mentioned though. Indeed, there was a bunch of suggestions about this, but I remember there was a discussion, where someone of the developers said, that they want to implement it in somehow altered way, so there will be hunger and maybe something else, but there will be no chance to die from it.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 02:47:28 pm »

Ah, understand, like some bonuses for being well fed/rested/hydratated. Without forcing anyone to do anything.
I think that could be a good way to implement actually useful stuff, without forcing anyone to do so.

Wallace

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 04:00:04 pm »

If we're talking about painkillers then my another idea is to add morphine
- 30 - 40 max HP increase
- All DR types increased by 10% (except poison and rad)
- -2 PE
- -2 AG
- -2 IN
- Significant chance of addiction
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:07:10 pm by Wallace »

Roleplay!

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 04:17:39 pm »

Technically Psycho is a sort of "Morphine", but still is way too powerful. We need some sort of... "mid-way" chems, like for example (might sound quite poor) Coffe, as a low-level, low-duration version of Mentats.
Example:
Mentats +2 INT +2 CHA 10 hours
Coffee   +1 INT +1 AGI 3 hours

Some might ask "Why agility?", try drinking lotsa coffee and you have a good reply. As a side effect, there might also be -1 CHA, because you are a little schizophrenic (hope is the right word).

Wallace

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 04:20:31 pm »

Technically Psycho is a sort of "Morphine", but still is way too powerful.

Well not really... Originally Psycho gave you +3 AGI - Can't compare that to Morphine which makes you drowsy not hyped up

Roleplay!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 04:24:18 pm »

Coffee   +1 INT +1 AGI 3 hours
This sounds good, but normal drugs last for 30 minutes, so don't use in-game times, use real-time, so it would be better if these minor drugs lasted 10-15 minutes. And it shouldn't be able to stack with the "major" version of the same drug.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »

@Wallace:
In sense that Psycho looks like a sort of pain-killer.

@Dishonest Abe:
I used in-game time because i wasnt sure of duration, so i checked wiki, and on wiki it said 10 hours.  ::)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 04:29:47 pm »

Oh wait, you're right, 10 hours is equal to 30 minutes, but anyway, besides the point.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.