"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:51:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: deleting accounts  (Read 1863 times)

deleting accounts
« on: February 12, 2010, 04:09:21 pm »

can someone tell me how to delete my account please as i prefer to have it deleted than leave it go idle

JovankaB

Re: deleting accounts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 04:11:11 pm »

~deleteself [password]

the account will be deleted 3 minutes after you logout

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:24:09 pm »

~deleteself [password]

If we ever want to totally re-do our character, but don't want to choose a new name, will this make it so that we can make a new character using the same name?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »

Yes, once you delete your character the name is free for new registration. Just remember that anyone can do it, so it's best to make a new char right after you delete the old one.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 10:27:50 am »

thank you very much for that most helpful!

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:47:54 am »

Not to mention that less the number of useless client files, the faster server starts up after crash. Seriously. There is over 54 thousands clients registered on the server. Ideally the players should try to remove unneeded ones when possible, otherwise we might want to remove the oldest ones, to speed things up.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 11:30:59 am »

Not to mention that less the number of useless client files, the faster server starts up after crash. Seriously. There is over 54 thousands clients registered on the server. Ideally the players should try to remove unneeded ones when possible, otherwise we might want to remove the oldest ones, to speed things up.

I'm too lazy to delete next accs (waiting 10 minutes after each), so you can delete every acc, that has word "delete":
deleteit
deletethis
deleteself

Sometimes this is the only way how to login after using other acc. Once, i tryed to relog, in 20-25 minutes i loggedin by other acc, but client said "Wait 10 minutes till relog", then i went somewhere on like 50 minutes, but he still typing "Wait 10 minutes". I don't know what is it. But when i registered other acc, and then loggedin by my main acc, it's ok. So, now each time if i can't login in 10-15 minutes, i creating acc like "deletethis", and only after registration i can login by my main acc. I tryed to reboot modem, exit and then run again client, nothing helps but registering acc.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 11:11:27 pm »

Could we get a command saving the amount of accounts running from current client in a log file?

I don't even know how much unused alts are saved on the server. Perhaps some players will be considerate to delete some unused chars they forgot, thus reducing the lag.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:47 pm »

i'm trying to delete my account incarnus101 and putting in ~deleteacount [password] but its telling me invalid password for my password
i wanna star a new character

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 05:30:31 pm »

i'm trying to delete my account incarnus101 and putting in ~deleteacount [password] but its telling me invalid password for my password
i wanna star a new character

~deleteself [password]

And remove the square brackets.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:35:40 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 29 queries.