"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:33:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tent Upgrades  (Read 4308 times)

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
Re: Tent Upgrades
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 01:42:19 pm »

The only thing I want in this whole topic is houses and personal workbenches.
Autodoc wouldn't make much sense :P

Serbian

• //INSERT WISE ASS SONG LYRICS THAT MAKE NO SENSE//
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 06:56:34 pm »

Damnit, you took that tent upgrade suggestion out of my mouth! (Very unhygienic)
//INSERT WISE ASS POETRY THAT MAKES NO SENSE HERE//

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 11:32:09 pm »

Damn, i really need to wash my hand now...
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Serbian

• //INSERT WISE ASS SONG LYRICS THAT MAKE NO SENSE//
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 01:44:52 pm »

A bump for the day makes  the doctor away!
//INSERT WISE ASS POETRY THAT MAKES NO SENSE HERE//
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

The only thing I want in this whole topic is houses (like in random encounters but a bit bigger) and basic workbenches.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 08:01:49 pm »

The only thing I want in this whole topic is houses (like in random encounters but a bit bigger) and basic workbenches.
I think this never happens, because then players just start buy houses and live alone there with workbench.
This makes bases little useless.
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 08:15:05 pm »

I think this never happens, because then players just start buy houses and live alone there with workbench.
This makes bases little useless.

There is already a tent with a workbench like thing planned.

You won't be crafting miniguns there, but you will be able to craft basic things.

All i meant was with this i would like to be able to upgrade my tent to a little stone house with resources

Fizzle

• *Inactive* - Working on a Project.
    • Fizzle's  dreamland of  exploding teddies.
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 03:08:20 am »

All i meant was with this i would like to be able to upgrade my tent to a little stone house with resources
- That would never happen cause it would give players an advantage of farming resources easier. You would than just have to log in max out gathering log out, log back in and do it over and over. But maybe a little stone hut wouldnt be a bad idea, i'd suggest that if you were to upgrade your tent you would need to have a tent in the first place, have enough minerals and some other type of item and then use science to make an adobe like structure. - With no form of any toolbench at all. Maybe have a crate and a table to store items?
For those about to die I salute you with Honor and Respect.
If your going through Hell keep on going, no shit i dont wanna be luciphers bitch.
*Accused for tent raping when inactive* - Great.
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 04:11:29 pm »

- That would never happen cause it would give players an advantage of farming resources easier. You would than just have to log in max out gathering log out, log back in and do it over and over. But maybe a little stone hut wouldnt be a bad idea, i'd suggest that if you were to upgrade your tent you would need to have a tent in the first place, have enough minerals and some other type of item and then use science to make an adobe like structure. - With no form of any toolbench at all. Maybe have a crate and a table to store items?

i meant to upgrade it to a stone house you would need resources, not be able to gather at tent

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 04:49:33 pm »

I'm for buyable houses.
Make them cost 75000, add some crop plants and a brahmin pen, so one can catch a nice female slave and RP a farmer :)
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 03:58:46 am »

Actully, those house encounters always made wonder, if there is any quest in them or not. Like farmer attacked by molerats, or so ;] (You could save him, and he would offer you joining him, at his farm.)

I really like the idea of being able to build/buy a house. It looks so nice and clean compared to that dirty tent, that always seemed a bit temporary to me.

How about wooden hause too? (Like the Tannery in Modoc?)
Requirements could be: Brahmin Cart loaded with 100xWood, 10xRope, 10xWaterBag, 10xApples, Shovel, Hammer, Hatchet
Result could be: A little farm with wooden house, brahmin pen and a field.

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 01:59:54 pm »

I like your idea ronillon, as long as the field is for show like the trees on some tent maps.

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 11:29:48 am »

I like your idea ronillon, as long as the field is for show like the trees on some tent maps.

Yes, it was meant for show. Although, without gathering your crops, the ilusion of farming will not be perfect.

But i guess it should be possible to put there gatherable objects (trees,fiber and apple plants, flowers) with loooooong growing time. Say once a week?

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 05:47:07 pm »

I had suggested purchasable houses a while back, from what I remember the dev reply was that something was already in the works.

However I think that houses should be limited to more containers and an additional stash pad to your tent as it would mainly be useful for loners. Whatever improvised workbench the devs have planned for tents will surely be enough for houses too.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.