"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 04:34:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Gecko mine cleaning project  (Read 10375 times)

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
Gecko mine cleaning project
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:05:12 am »

People of the Waste! This is Sanguinetti from the Society of Graverobbers. As some of you might know, in the last twelve hours, the Khans infested Gecko mine with a horde of ghouls. We usually value the great work they do, but they went too far this time. As we lack the manpower to do the purification ourselves, we call for the lone badasses and gang leaders to help us - and everyone in the north region. If you want to see the waste as a better place, bring your man. If we can't amass a sizable army in one or two hours, I'll pinpoint an exact GMT time on this evening for the attack.

People, do for the greater good!
Re: Gecko mine cleaning project
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:35:52 am »

Drive in there by car. You should spawn behind it cowering you from ghouls and loading bug. That way you shold be able to clear it even in small numbers.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Evan

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:39:26 pm »

Well, our first attempt has failed. I think it wouldn't have been better with sacrificing our hummer. We just lack the numbers and effectiveness to do that ourselves. So, today, at 20:00 GMT if the infestation is still present, we will gather at the gates of Vault City. We expecting all wastelanders of good will towards the economy of the north to join us.

Here is what to expect:

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:50:59 pm »

step 1 buy mercs (rl's for max pwnage)
step 2 use pvp alts not lame crafters
step 3 do as oska said
step 4 SWARMM (might need tttla help for this one)
step 5 laugh at deadd ghouls and do victory dance ( in rl)

ghouls dont have much hp so simply use bgers and use rl's they will be dead in no time and you can dance dance dance.
Roaming the waste again.

Evan

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 01:09:53 pm »

Thanks. As said, we lack numbers, resources, and well trained professionals, so don't expect us to solve the situation ourselves. What I have is a pretty face, a suit, loud mouth, faith, radios, hopes, and good will. All of these are dedicated to clean the mine-malignancy. For a while. After some attempts, I'll just shrug, do some logistics and cheer for all the dead bluesuits at the mine, as it just raises the number of graves for the betterment of further generations.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 02:52:30 pm »

When some russian put his slaves in the mine as to actually PROTECT people, not to spawn rape them, he got them removed by GMs, yet PKers get away with it. I'll be at VC today to help you guys. :)

So, today, at 20:00 GMT if the infestation is still present, we will gather at the gates of Vault City.
Do you mean GMT +0?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:55:01 pm by Senocular »
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

LeonTheNorse

• Hobo with a shotgun
    • Crazy 88 Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 03:22:31 pm »

All clear ;)

Also thanks for the ammo, will put it too good use:)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:40:46 pm by LeonTheNorse »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »

Everything clean now. TTTLA for Great Justice.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Evan

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 04:14:23 pm »

Thanks for the quick and helpful intervention. Now the mines are as safe as always *giggles* All right guys, grab the shovels, we go digging!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 08:21:00 pm »

When some russian put his slaves in the mine as to actually PROTECT people, not to spawn rape them, he got them removed by GMs, yet PKers get away with it.

I'm actually curious about this too. The thing I thought was strange this time is that I was at gecko mine a short while before these clowns brought all their slaves there. There were a few pkers standing in the entry, and Voland popped in and said "there be (sic) TKs with mercs in a sec. over wm". And despite this, they still showed up and ended up being there for several hours. Requests to GM's that you would spawn dead in gecko mine went ignored.
So I guess I'm curious what the actual rules regarding spawn camping with mercs/slaves are. I had thought that since it took advantage of a flaw with the game mechanics it was considered 'illegal', but apparently they're willing to let it slide even though it involves no tact or gameplay, just the patience to build a ton of slaver alts and have them arrange their slaves to instantly kill anyone who spawns anywhere on the map without them being able to get a shot off.

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 02:22:42 am »

Hahaha, nice.

We'll probably stop camping Gecko Mine, it's so boring there.

Maybe we'll do it with Gecko itself, or BH, someplace a bit more exciting...
Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 03:40:58 am »

Please, go ahead. we are all looking forward to it. Just don't get caught by molerats on your way from Junktown to Broken Hills.
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:42 am »

So the swarm can handle 100 ghouls..... but how about 1000!?!?!?!

Also, refer to it as the "Army of Darkness"
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 07:58:25 am »

Everyone, you're welcome, please post your thank you's in this thread.  For all the fun LOL, It didn't take long to organize.

The amount of HQ Ore/minerals recovered from this event, via killing INVADERS of our property, and slave mining, was in the hundreds.  The meanial cost of the ghouls is a rather non event.  So anyone who collected the "spoils" in the end, enjoy the hunting rifles please lol...

As for your comments....

When some russian put his slaves in the mine as to actually PROTECT people

That's what we were doing, protecting OUR people, so whats the problem?  There was no "getting away" with anything, it's a legitimate game mechanic.

Here's a news flash -OMG- better call a GM! you died at an unprotected mine.  And when enough people gathered, and the ghouls were running low on rounds, they were taken out TACTICALLY, and STRATEGICALLY by an overwhelming player force, that self organized, and I'm sure, was entertaining to be part of. So sounds to me like it's no "unbeatable unavoidable glitch" again - You can all thank us anytime, we like to entertain.

So don't be jealous, just because the Army of Darkness was awesome and you lacked the initiative to think of it, boldy install it, and laugh at the ruses of those who oppossed it.

Next time it won't be gecko mine, and next time it won't be a puny 70 slave ghouls.  TK's are already hard at work, with different mechanics, and different targets in mind, better have your speed dial set to 1-800-IRC-a-GM-becauseURaweakgamer.

TKs slave armies are only the beginning of a new dark era...

To the troops... great work Gentleman, Phase 1 has worked out EXACTLY as planned.

Evan

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 10:15:16 am »

As a FOnline player and the OP of the thread, I'd like to add that I found the mine-camping event fun, and view the Khans as a lovely bunch of villains - noone should wish for better adversaries. It's also nice to hear that you aim for even higher deepnesses. I feel grateful for that there is a game where such is possible. The fact that my character and gang took it personally, and started asking for help is immaterial.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.