"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 03:52:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Revolutionizing Faction Terminal  (Read 18432 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: Revolutionizing Faction Terminal
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 08:22:01 am »

I also do hope that with multiple bases there will be much less factions around.
Our humble Orphanage has so far 3 or 4 bases, of course every is separated "faction", even if we don't give a crap about Tree Control and there's no difference if terminal welcomes me with "*beep* Street Queens" or "*beep* Uber Woodsmen" or "*beep* Trolololo Pwnz0rs". There is much more "factions" that people take names to have their private hideouts, I owe two of such places. Can't even tell what "faction" are these.

What about random locations and base types available in each city?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 08:54:12 am »

What about random locations and base types available in each city?

Only certain types are available for the caps at the 'base sellers' (Cave everywhere, Gas station at Redding and Junktown, and of course Bunker, as a part of quest). Rest is going to be available to be 'built' (just bring lots of resources to the NPC) on a place you wish it to.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:23 am »

Rest is going to be available to be 'built' (just bring lots of resources to the NPC) on a place you wish it to.

Yay! It seems like my suggestion is about to come to life :)

Hopefully, you won't miss my new suggestion either.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:01:17 am by Graf »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 05:05:51 pm »

Only certain types are available for the caps at the 'base sellers' (Cave everywhere, Gas station at Redding and Junktown, and of course Bunker, as a part of quest). Rest is going to be available to be 'built' (just bring lots of resources to the NPC) on a place you wish it to.

Aw come on, are you saying that the awesome bunker will always stay near Glow, to be sure that no TC player ever buy it?
And if I want my gas station near Redding I still gotta have to buy it 10 times?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 05:16:03 pm »

* fap fap fap *

Finally.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »

Aw come on, are you saying that the awesome bunker will always stay near Glow, to be sure that no TC player ever buy it?
Yes

And if I want my gas station near Redding I still gotta have to buy it 10 times?

Eh damn, you are always gonna get what you want, aren't you! Well, would be silly to actually build gas station, no?

The list of the locations that are 'buildable' is not decided yet.

Quote from: Graf
Hopefully, you won't miss my new suggestion either.

You better link your suggestion about bringing materials to build base, as I'm too lazy to search:)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:39:13 pm by scypior »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2011, 08:42:53 pm »

The list of the locations that are 'buildable' is not decided yet.
Depot plox plox plox.

Anyway - to build such location starting new "faction" would be required? I mean there's like 10, maybe 15 gangs interested in having gang name to perform Tree Control, while I and many similiar woodsmen simply don't give a crap about their "faction" name, all we need is a hideout. So?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2011, 09:07:03 pm »

Rest is going to be available to be 'built' (just bring lots of resources to the NPC) on a place you wish it to.
Awesome. And just to reiterate, you are making adding and deleting players from bases an external thing so that we don't have to go through the trouble of bringing each player to each base, right? If I understand the blog correctly.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2011, 09:11:46 pm »

Anyway - to build such location starting new "faction" would be required?
You just add it as another base to your existing faction. After all, your woodsmen may do not care about name, but you form a group either way.

Quote from: Dishonest Abe
You assign visibility per status (currently only friends) and per rank, for each base your faction owns.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »

OK, so maybe start a competition for hideout maps? Not that I have time to do these, but maybe it's worth to try?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2011, 11:12:19 pm »

Yes
That's really sad.

You assign visibility per status (currently only friends) and per rank, for each base your faction owns.
Btw, did this custom ranks idea have been abandoned?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2011, 06:47:39 am »

You better link your suggestion about bringing materials to build base, as I'm too lazy to search:)

No problem, here's it.

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »

Btw, did this custom ranks idea have been abandoned?

No, it will arrive with web interface, which is not part of this wipe, and it's veery uncertain when it's gonna arrive:)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2011, 08:59:47 pm »

Vault Base is not as good as it looks. Its ergonomy is obsolete in comparsion with even basic type of base (cave). It takes very long time to get in and out, if you use the vault itself, not only place infront of Vault. On Requiem (TLA) is this solved, so you have two different ways how to enter. Long way (infront place, open doors, use elevator (or ladder), then same way out. Or you can go directly from worldmap to location with lockers directly inside base, and vice versa (using preview and different exit grids).

Most of bases are not used in its purposed way, but everyone puts everything on ground.

So in general, Vault base is something like lollipop. Once you saw it, you want it. But after you get it and taste it, you realize, that someone had sticked this lollipop inside his own ass.

On Requiem, there are cca 200 players playing daily (dont know exactly, but more than on 2238) and there are cca 30 players factions (because you can own more bases under one faction). So i think that there could not exist the list of names, but players could choose their own faction name, with ex post dissolution of faction, if they would violate any rule.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2011, 09:09:06 pm »

Bunker base would have much more use, if there's Tree Control in Necropolis. For now it's dead base near dead city in dead area, definetely not worth 500k caps.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 23 queries.