"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Could we invite other characters to our tent?  (Read 1531 times)

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
Could we invite other characters to our tent?
« on: August 04, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »

I'm a relative new palyer, thou I did this and that. I tried to introduce this game to many people, and most found it hard and left. I warned them. :)

My main problem is that we can't really stack resources to help each other, or even our different chars we are experimenting with. Hell, even to have all players favorite character to have a common tent is hard, as gathering 4-5 people to the same location at the same time has it's own difficulties, and once one decides to do a different playstyle with a different build, he's on his own again. We have many loot stacked, but most of the time, most of it is inaccessible, since it would need someone to stop what he does, wait 10 minute to relog, travel trough the whole world, give the needed equipment, wait 10 minutes to relog again. 20-60 minutes went on just to give my fellow some ammo he can't craft. We did this for a while, but now we are at the point where we only use characters that can produce their own stuff. I'm even suggesting any new player to make an unarmed/melee char - at least than you don't have to worry about the weapons and bullets.

I wont whine about that you can't have a base. Let this be a privilege of the old and established.

TL;DR:
My suggestion: /~invitetotent <character name> command. Let me allow those who I name to access my stuff. My friends, my alts, and those who successfully scams me. Now old timers, tell me why is this a bad idea.

avv

Re: Could we invite other characters to our tent?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:17:40 pm »

Guess it would be alright. Pro players will get a base and put all their alts there anyway one way or another, so why not tent aswell?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:21:01 pm »

That is actually good idea. I have suggested more comfortable handling of tents later. IMHO each char should be allowed to make as much tents as he wants and should be allowed to invite other chars even if it would take to drag them to tent like when you make friend in your base. This would elliminate need of tentalt1-zillion.

Anyway I will be online in sunday afternoon and evening. and if you drag few noob friends I can give you my old cave base to start with. Asuming this base still exists. ;-)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 10:49:08 pm »

Good suggestion.
I really hate it you need make "shared tent" and with normal tent you need drive them all over to you tent and they never see it location :(

This suggestion would decrease numbers of tents (Maybe), but also it brings more problems like tent stealing (If you trust wrong person)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 10:50:32 pm »

~excludetotent <name>

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 01:08:31 am »

This suggestion would decrease numbers of tents (Maybe), but also it brings more problems like tent stealing (If you trust wrong person)
I don't think it's a problem. At least not one that should be dealt by game-mechanics.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:09:10 pm »

However, to give tent access to someone, you both need to be in the tent. Plus, every time that you bring someone in your tent, there should be a chance that he/she "finds the way" to the tent, aka get it's location on the map. This way you should also take care to who you bring with you, since there is always a chance of loosing even you small safe heaven.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 01:16:15 am »

Just adding a small map in the corner someone can click on so they can see the way to the tent would be nice, and if they die in the tent, they cant see it anymore, just like being a friend at a base.

Perfectly reasonable, and yet you cant really use it as a base, since it won't work for mercs, limited real storage, plus it'll go poof after a while, no TC, etc.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 06:26:34 pm »

horrible idea, thats what BASES are for. Why would anyone buy a base then?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »

Everyone don't have 30k for cheapest base you know?
Also in situations like this when base names end then this would work better.
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »

base is bigger have crafting and storage facilities and doesnt deletes after week and is overally cooler. I would definitely buy one.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:28 am »

Shared tents = less tents = less occupied server. Also to avoid doing repetitive tents setup for new people. OP clearly said its hard to start while they experiment with builds.

Just adding a small map in the corner someone can click on so they can see the way to the tent would be nice, and if they die in the tent, they cant see it anymore, just like being a friend at a base.

So lets say Id bring a tent thief with me to my friends shared tent. Thief kills me and while my friend is offline Im raging. Not cool bro.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:54:40 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.