"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:35:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [a big one] combat, perks etc.  (Read 1368 times)

[a big one] combat, perks etc.
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »

This one is to +xx to realism and is a general rework for combat system.

The first question? I just runned in minigun guy and got that 270 damage, an animation of my death and so on... Why I took it like was shooted from some kind of UBER_SHOTGUN whith great damage? (see Quake 2 / CS - it`s shotgun working this way, not a minigun. Greate damage in pointblank that dispersing with distance)
Minigun damage should be DpS or DpActionPoint (IMHO)
Some of same questions are:
-why does that guy running faster b/c his computer is faster? It is just not right.

SO
The first thing:
make a constant walk/run speed without constant rechecking of placement like in most games (will case less lags)

set basic AP to 0

make some delay before shooting so FastShot and BRoF users have an advantage with this (a bit later)

Make a timer for attack.
For Example:
burst from minigun requiers 7 AP or 6 AP with BRoF
If we`ll take regeneration of AP 1/sec then
Without BRoF it will be like 0001110
first three seconds there will be delay, then 3 seconds of bursting (making separated damage) and than 1 second of recoil.
With BRoF it will erase the 1st second:

This way you can`t run to pointblank to some, make 40x5mm shotgunshot and run hide somewhere to regenerate HP, you have to stay there for all your 40-bullet burst time.

the same goes to snipers - aiming takes time so 8-ap shoot in the eyes should looks like 00000010 - 6 AP of waiting and then one accurate shoot.

The opposite to fastshoot-BRoF pistol user:
2 AP is shoot and recoil (10) while fastshoout without BRoF or opposite is 010 - 1 ap delay, 1 ap shooting, 1 ap recoil

=======================

make run/walk speed AP depandant. the more agilier you are the faster you walk. This way "Bonus Move" perk will become usefull in RT mode.
walking one hex should take the same time as 1 AP of shooting, running should be a bit faster but with some downside... AC drop?

And the last word:
I know it is all hardcoded, something was used somewhere else, it`s new and most likely will be rejected.
I`m also feel sorry for my english. It`s not my native language.
Re: [a big one] combat, perks etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:06:15 pm »

So basically to say that in Real Time combat, the shot(s) should occur at the end of a timer, rather than at the start i.e. wait1-2-3-bang!, rather than bang!-1-2-3wait?

It makes sense to me, though I'm not sure how easy that'd be to implement - whether it's part of the main engine, or whether it's something that can be changed by the 2238 team.

If it was possible, what would happen regarding accuracy? i.e. you click to shoot when the enemy is close enough to have 95% chance to hit, but the enemy is running away, so you wait1-2-3, then when the shot actually happens, the enemy is far enough away so that the accuracy is only 60% to hit - would the shot be 95% or 60% accurate?

Also, is there a chance that this would make it impossible to hit in melee?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:19:27 pm »

Also, is there a chance that this would make it impossible to hit in melee?
the only problem with melee I see is using 6-9 AP attacks.
Most of Melee attacks using 3-4 AP so waiting 1 is not that much of problem.
Also, you can just have more AP to make your attack faster... Or even use Piercing Kick with just 3 AP... but it will be a loooong kick... (didn`t check AG requirements for P.K.)

If it was possible, what would happen regarding accuracy? i.e. you click to shoot when the enemy is close enough to have 95% chance to hit, but the enemy is running away, so you wait1-2-3, then when the shot actually happens, the enemy is far enough away so that the accuracy is only 60% to hit - would the shot be 95% or 60% accurate?

4*5=20, It will be as it should be when shooting (for the case of shooting single shot).
So yes, it will be a bit harder to hit target walking away from you.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:53:34 am »

-why does that guy running faster b/c his computer is faster? It is just not right.

he is does running faster he is just not lagging as simple as that. why should the guy with a better connection be slowed down when the guy with a crappy connection cant move? makes no sense just wasteing peoples time. if your connection cant deal with a game dont play as simple as that. if you die well thats your problem.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:01:32 pm »

Extra shitty n00bish zillion times repeated suggestion solving nothing given without any thought of balance and playability.

Waiting many seconds before shooting would make fights look ridiculous. Anyway instead of running upon you and bursting I would click to fire on npc reaload AP and then run on you with full AP and burst you back to hell-o kitty online.

Minigun/Avanger is already nerfed that it is mostly used only for pointblank bursting single bluesuits. In TC and teamfights it is not that usefull compared to its price.

Constant walk/run speed is total nonsense. You walk straight all the time? Get normal internet connection with normal ping. For me lags are currently very rare.

Fast shot is truly useless now and would use some boost but certainly not this.

Brof is perfectly ok the way it is.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 01:31:29 pm »

Shooting cooldown? Makes sense, me liek.

Jeez.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:45:12 am »

Extra shitty n00bish zillion times repeated suggestion solving nothing given without any thought of balance and playability.

Waiting many seconds before shooting would make fights look ridiculous. Anyway instead of running upon you and bursting I would click to fire on npc reaload AP and then run on you with full AP and burst you back to hell-o kitty online.

Minigun/Avanger is already nerfed that it is mostly used only for pointblank bursting single bluesuits. In TC and teamfights it is not that usefull compared to its price.

Constant walk/run speed is total nonsense. You walk straight all the time? Get normal internet connection with normal ping. For me lags are currently very rare.

Fast shot is truly useless now and would use some boost but certainly not this.

Brof is perfectly ok the way it is.
you just got EVERYTHING wrong.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »

are you sure i`m nerfing minigun?
actually it will have bonus vs sniper/laser rifle
0001110>0000010, isn`t it?
so with the same AP sniper will take 2/3 of minigun damage that is better than 0% just b/c his ping is a bit better.

My suggestion is turning this mana called "action points" into something action points should be - the speed of character.
So you cant gather action poins hided behind some random corner like collect some mana in DnD

where did I tell about reducing speed? My point is here:
-Moving speed is based on AP so with 18 AP you will be moving almost twice faster than with 10
Character-based speed is better than ping based speed.
And turn ping into delay (the same way it realised in WC3 or CS for example - you have a picture a bit later)
In this system you can`t.
you have 0 AP, you are bursting someone and then... you have no AP.
Also I think that minigun user should be able to change wether he is attacking critter or hex. the same goes for flamer, grenades, rocket launcher and other bursting weapons.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.418 seconds with 28 queries.