"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:22:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: NCR Defence event #1  (Read 44215 times)

A. Jambot

• You again, come to see Victor.
Re: NCR Defence event #1
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2010, 10:03:15 pm »

Well that WAS a disappointment to many players (including me), but then i guess it's the first time so many players are gathered in the same place. Nice try.

As for suggestions, everybody's saying "more space", but i tend to think corridors (fence corridors, to be able to kill possible blockers) that only allow one big queue might just work better. Treat us like brahmins please, that's all im asking for.

Looking forward to the next event.

PS : hey vedarasking, you can stick your little jokes deep inside your rectum.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:54:05 pm by A. Jambot »
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2010, 10:16:16 pm »

For all those who doesn't understand why people are so furious. You know how much you waited for the event. How awesome time you had, how much fun you felt doing that event. And now imagine some PK'er bombed himself near you before it even started and that broke your client and you couldnt have all that fun.

Except change PK idiot by GM person. Or any word you actually would use. Don't be a hipocryte. If it was you whos evening was spoiled by GM's you would whine too.That is actually first good documentated GM abuse :D We are making history.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2010, 11:27:35 pm »

Thank God, I could survive the first wave:
 • Explosions
 • Noobs
 • and GMs kicking players

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2010, 01:06:43 am »

I look at these screens and wonder how anyone expected there to be any order at all :)

Looks like it would've been enjoyable chaos, shame I missed 99.9% of it :(
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Lut7ifer

• Den Militzia
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:56 am »

i have 3 enemys see and then dc cant relogin ect but nice event XDDDD

good idea but littlebit too manz players

but nice idea as survival map XD

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2010, 01:59:06 am »

by the way some improvements, next time one vent you should group people by professions, cause now it has been a little mess. Would be nice if some repairmans medics could gather together and those who need them just come to the place, cause now one medic stood in one place one in another, one is asking who needs healing other saying im on cooldown :> So a little notice.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2010, 06:43:28 am »

Shooting at one player will automatically result in a 2 days IP ban.
I have to say, this is a delightful rule.

*A few hundred players are running in and amongst the Enclave troops*
"Oh no I mis-clicke-" BAN!

Wonder how well that went down...
  • "Ban the wrong-doers."
  • "GM abuse"
  • "and GMs kicking players"
  • "i have 3 enemys see and then dc cant relogin ect"
  • "Being kicked out for nothing really sucked."
  • "I was killed many times, then admins GMs kicked me"
  • "you punished innocent players by killing them in the armory and kicking them out of event..."
  • "Guess which law-abiding player got kicked out while PKers roamed the event?"
  • "we got kicked even though we were standg away from the gun and armor mobs"
  • "i got kicked from the event after dying in the equipment allocated to me..."

And the best:
  • "Banning PK's? Admins GMs was doing nothing, people were killng all bluesuits."

I'm sorry, but this is why it did not work as expected (well, I expected it).

You gave the players the feeling of paranoia of them accidentally shooting someone they didn't mean to, this leads to panic, and guess what panic leads to... accidentally shooting people in the rush.
Then you got GMs with the power and rights to "ban people for 2 days" / kick them from this "fun" event and thus many innocent players were caught out of nowhere, either people who mis-clicked or just plain innocents getting kicked for doing nothing wrong, and people complain about the real PKers still hanging about. Looks to me like the GMs are a bit trigger-happy. This, Sir, is why this event does not want to work.

I think the idea of GMs being able to ban people for participating in a game event which was made for "fun" (which is not run by admins, as they have claimed) is quite clearly: wrong. There are ways around these problems, you have yet to find them.

If there is ever a "next time" for this event, It would probably be a good idea to follow my FOnline-educated advice, judging by the reactions of players and posters in this topic to such crap. Or get one of the admins to properly run the event, surely they have greater competence for such an idea than 2 actual GMs and 3 half-month-employed GMs who are barely gripping commands. No offense, of course.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:09:11 am by Reconite »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:30 am »

WTF with man ....
2 unarmed enclave run and punch me . I kill one by LSW , and no next AP. so i RUN and SG should knock him NOT BG or PLasma granate man , they shot me and that enclave.. and i has -10 and i had must wait for FA :/ .
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2010, 11:29:02 am »

I dont know if it is possible but that crowd problem could use some sort of lottery to pick random players and leave others to normal game. That shouldnt make anyone angry about getting killed in row for 10 mins then killed by "PK"or anithing and kicked I got kicked i understand why But it killed lots of time so it would be better to know from start that i cant join the event.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2010, 11:34:44 am »

I got kicked i understand why But it killed lots of time so it would be better to know from start that i cant join the event.
Yup, we'll probably set a "slots" limit to next event, and possibly some registration system, so you know before the event if you can come or not, or during the first minutes.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

JovankaB

« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:47 pm »

Yes, in the next edition there will be a max player limit and a minimum experience level too I hope. Personally I wanted every player to be able to come, but as you could see it turned into a disaster. It's not like we wanted to kick players from the map, but it was impossible to even start the event, not to mention handling it. Sorry for spoiling the evening for kicked people, but don't call it "abuse" please, it's not like we did it on purpose. We spent waaaay more than one evening preparing it, you know - and we really wished everything worked as we planned... It's just impossible to predict everything until the event of this scale starts. Now we know what was wrong, we can fix all flaws in the next edition, hopefully.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:11:34 pm by JovankaB »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2010, 01:15:14 pm »

maybe have multiple event maps?
one for beginners (lvl 1-5)
one for lowmid (lvl 6-10)
one for highmid (11-15)
one for high (16-21)
It is just a thought but it may do the world for everyone's enjoyment so that anyone can join the event and have fun at the same time.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »

I think it would anyway cause lag, so unless we do those events at different times, this won't work.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2010, 02:12:26 pm »

"accidentally shooting people in the rush"
Hmm hope that ERNERTO CHE was banned for 2 days, cause he "miss clicked" me 2 times in row!
No, I don't have proof. But by what I know, GMs was there watching...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:23:53 pm by _Youkai_ »

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2010, 02:13:28 pm »

Imo it was the most entertaining and funny event so far. It was good to see so many players coming to the meeting. Unfortunately, lots of them finally didnt play. We all hope that making such events more often and finding ways to solve the massive lags will allow us to have more fun in the future !

Thanks to all people involved in the organisation of NCR Defence event #1, we're looking forward for the number 2 !
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.