"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 19, 2024, 02:58:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: NCR Defence event #1  (Read 44030 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
NCR Defence event #1
« on: February 09, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »

NCR's spy just reported that the Enclave should attack NCR really soon, trying to destabilize the still fragile New California Republic. President Tandi and her generals are strongly willing to resist to the incoming assault and to defeat the Enclave's troopers. They have called for all the help possible to assist NCR's troops, and a lot of independant fighters or factions already joined. Meanwhile, Tandi decided to block the town's entrance with a few cars, making a frontal attack impossible. Now, both volunteers and army's captains are looking at the sky, waiting for the loaded vertibirds to come and to land...

FOnline: 2238 Game Masters are proud to present the first NCR Defence event ! As you see, it's a quite new event, since tactics and strategy will be required to drive back the Enclave troops. It's also a total PvE (Player versus Environment) event, and we thought it would be interesting for players that are usually enemies to work together against one enemy.

The event will take place on this Sunday (February 14th) at 19:00 GMT+1 (CET - 7PM).

• The event will take place in an invisible map, copy of the real NCR. The way to get there will be revealed right before the event, using game chat.

• Players coming to this event will have all the equipment (Ammo, Armors, Weapons) they need given in the event place.

• A respawn point will be set into the event map.

• Once they are in the NCR's copy and they got their stuff, players will be split into squads, each squad led by one GM. Each squad will have some time to discuss about the tactics together. As it will certainly based on voluntarism (We probably won't force you to go with one GM rather than with another one), we advice you to go with enemies rather than with friends. This is a unique occasion to play with people you usually don't play with.

• All players will work together against Enclave's troopers, that will be mobs commanded by a few GMs.

The best NCR tacticians drew a plan for all the volunteers that will defend the city.

Rules :
  • General game rules apply to this event.
  • Shooting at one player will automatically result in a 2 days IP ban. Don't come if you can't resist to shoot at people.
  • Same sanction for people disassembling weapons or attacking Tandi.

Good luck, soldier. NCR is counting on you.

P.S. Further informations will be written here until Sunday.
P.P.S. This event may take some time - at least two hours - without any easy way to exit it, so avoid it if you won't be able to stay much.

Breaking news ! NCR captains just released some picture about the weapons available and their position on map, so that when it will be time to pick the ones you need, you can do it quickly.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:39:41 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Re: NCR Defence event #1
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:06:31 pm »

Shit shit shit SHIT SHIIIT SHIIT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH FIIIINALLLLLLY!!! I love ya devs. Im surely gonna participate into this. Gotta get lvl 21 till then lol.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:40:28 pm »

huhohohohHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA........... im surely will be there
amazing pics at the start of the topic. mindblowing actually
WE WILL FIGHT THEM BACK OR WE WILL AL DIE TRYING
eheh
ĐαгҲ!Đ٤™
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:41:58 pm »

Man you are just guaranteeing we will not get laid on Valentine's Day.

Edit: Damn, get Slim back for this. Slim Charles would be the most hilariously bad GM squad leader ever.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:45:17 pm by Badger »
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:29:09 pm »

Hmm i can finally use my tactics skills. hmm burst will be painful here.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:41:17 pm by Sayak »
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:44:51 pm »

Is there a prefered level for this event or is eveyone good to come?

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:02:37 pm »

The event is opened for everyone, but the higher level the better. Enclave troops are not pig rats.
We will see how it works out and might change it in the future (set minimun level for example) if there will be next editions of this event.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:05:07 pm by JovankaB »

Lut7ifer

• Den Militzia
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 12:09:42 am »

this event looks good 4 monthly event :D
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 12:19:19 am »

hell yea that event look sweet  8)  and i agree with  Lut7ifer  :D
Well who you think im after now, bitch? Run, mother  f*cka, run...

Selva

• [VBD] Breaking your Dreams!!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 12:27:10 am »

F***, really awesome Izual, i dont like pvps, but pve are great!. Surelly me and my faction will be there to kick some enclave nazis ass!.

This event will be historical.

Dorne

• Je weet toch...
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 12:41:54 am »

sounds great. ill be there :>
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 07:57:37 am »

This is the time in which all of humankind, will fight no more separated as individuals for survival, a time in which no violence can occur between us wastelanders... This is the time in which all of humankind, will fight united for one cause, a time in which we will stand for what is right and ours. This is the time in which da shit will hit the fan. Lets get these Enclave scum!

:D

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 09:19:14 am »

• Shooting at one player will automatically result in a 2 days IP ban. Don't come if you can't resist to shoot at people.

During real time combat accidents happen. A friendly decides to run in front of a guy ready to shoot his minigun.
A player might miss with his rocket and hit some friendlies.

A player might miss enclave and hit a player instead. Happens all the time.

I have been in encounters where I missed a rat (which I had 95% chance to hit) and hit my friend standing behind it instead.

I sure hope the GM's will be eble to see where its a legal friendly fire hit and a mishevious friendly fire hit. El;se we gonna be seeing alot of bans during that event.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:50 am »

do u forget about: "Oops! Somebody hited instead of somebody!"?

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 10:24:40 am »

Mini gunners should try to stand in the first line, snipers behind them. Nobody will be banned for crossfire accidents, it will happen only if we will be 100% sure that someone aims and shots other players on purpose. I hope it will be possible to record the event with screen capture apps by some GMs, not only for security but also to have a video for later analyzes what can be improved in next editions (if there will be some), and maybe to make some nice movie from the event.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:29:48 am by JovankaB »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.